market selloff

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: market selloff

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:The market was due for a correction, defined as 10%. I think we've about gotten there.
thanks captain obvious, yeah a correction is/was more than overdue and the DOW is now in correction territory, the question is what's next? more QE? will it matter?big market gains?, more losses?, the fed is looking for an exit strategy and seemingly doesn't have one...what about oil? 40 bux/bbl has a lot of implications worldwide...have central banks lost control? we've had virtual ZIRP for 7 years now, it hasn't helped japan who's had the same for 25 or so years now...
Corrections from time to time are good for the market long term. Smart money starts buying soon for long term gains.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:The market was due for a correction, defined as 10%. I think we've about gotten there.
thanks captain obvious, yeah a correction is/was more than overdue and the DOW is now in correction territory, the question is what's next? more QE? will it matter?big market gains?, more losses?, the fed is looking for an exit strategy and seemingly doesn't have one...what about oil? 40 bux/bbl has a lot of implications worldwide...have central banks lost control? we've had virtual ZIRP for 7 years now, it hasn't helped japan who's had the same for 25 or so years now...
Corrections from time to time are good for the market long term. Smart money starts buying soon for long term gains.
when? where is the smart money NOW? where HAS it been?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Waiting for a correction?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
so who's in now? the stupid money?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Long term investors who know that one just rides these things out.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Long term investors who know that one just rides these things out.
so stay the course for all eternity? What good is a downward ride? especially a large one like the lehman event? is another lehman event in the near future? distant future? both? at what point do central banks "lose control"? ( as some assert china already has)or do central banks always manage to keep things from imploding?
mach es sehr schnell

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Time to buy again.

Or maybe wait another day or three. Tanking again today.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

junior wrote:Time to buy again.
Pulled the buy lever again. Time to make some heli skiing money.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
This the bottom?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
This the bottom?
for now.... totally unrelated china having no effect by lowering it's rates, well except for that 600+ pt futures bounce...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Where Does The Market Go From Here: Two Opposing Views

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-2 ... sing-views" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

related note: futures disappoint...
mach es sehr schnell

spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
I bought in at the close yesterday too.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Dropped again late....
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

junior wrote:Dropped again late....
Only spent 30% of my cash stash as some dollar cost averaging is smart in case the drop continues.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Thought of Madhatter when I saw this.....