Mountain Green Condos

Post share and ski house listings, short/long term rentals and home/condo sales
Peter5
Beginner On Rentals

Mountain Green Condos

Post by Peter5 »

I'm considerilng buying a small condo at Mountain Green. Any info regarding your stay there or ownership experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Mountain Green Condos

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I have friends that own at Mountain Green and they are very happy with their investment. They rent on occasion too.

Stormchaser also owns there. Do a search as I believe there are some threads that discussed the various condos on the mountain.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Maintenance is pretty high. Weekends like this one with moe in town tend to be a little noisy. The water is really hard and tastes like crap. Look back at some of the other threads for more details.

Why buy when you can rent?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

spanky wrote:Maintenance is pretty high. Weekends like this one with moe in town tend to be a little noisy. The water is really hard and tastes like crap. Look back at some of the other threads for more details.

Yearly cost for me at MG is similiar to rent or own. May as well put the money into a future asset, than have it be a pure expense.

People always say maintenance is high, but when you look at the cost and what you get, I tend to disagree.

$200/mo for base maintenance fee (based on square footage). This includes costs for common area maintenance and utilities, all the wood you can burn, plowing and shovelling, trash and recycling, internet access, cable tv, 24/7 front desk service and security, exterior ski locker, master insurance, etc.
$100/mo to join the health club (for you and as many guests as you ever want to bring).
$75/mo water/sewer bill (includes sewer betterments).
$75/mo projects fee. (building fire, water treatment system, roofs/painting, elevator repairs, etc.)

I pay a mortgage, condo fee, and electric bill for my place at MG - NO OTHER BILLS. I also own a townhouse in my local area...$275/mo and it doesnt include cable, internet, firewood, health club, water, or sewer...
ImageImageImageImage
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

I had heard the fees were high, but nobody ever spelled it out like you did Stormy...Looks like you get quite a bit for the fees. Do you have to pay the health club fees or is that an added thing if you want it?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

BoozeTan wrote:I had heard the fees were high, but nobody ever spelled it out like you did Stormy...Looks like you get quite a bit for the fees. Do you have to pay the health club fees or is that an added thing if you want it?

The only thing that I don't like is the health club fee is mandatory. I use it anyway, but $1200/year for something I don't use all that much is a considerable expense. I figure I use it 25-30 days a year...
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:I had heard the fees were high, but nobody ever spelled it out like you did Stormy...Looks like you get quite a bit for the fees. Do you have to pay the health club fees or is that an added thing if you want it?

The only thing that I don't like is the health club fee is mandatory. I use it anyway, but $1200/year for something I don't use all that much is a considerable expense. I figure I use it 25-30 days a year...
How big is the place you own? I'm trying to compare your fees to what I paid at Trail Creek when I still owned there.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

How big is the place you own? I'm trying to compare your fees to what I paid at Trail Creek when I still owned there.

1 bed/1 ba
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

1 bed/1 ba
OK...I had a 2 BR + Loft (1,320 sf) at Trail Creek and my quarterly dues were $1,450 or $483 per month. This included all outside maintenance, snow removal, water, sewer as well as the pool and hot tubs. Propane and cable were extra charges. Those on the Killington rental program (approx. 2/3 - 3/4 of the owners) have their wood included; everyone else pays for wood as an extra on a prorated basis.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

ya, $100 a month is pretty high. I pay $45 a month for my gym and it has group training included as well as pool, sauna, and several classes
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

BoozeTan wrote:ya, $100 a month is pretty high. I pay $45 a month for my gym and it has group training included as well as pool, sauna, and several classes
The difference is I can bring 10 people with me every time if I want...
ImageImageImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

1 bed/1 ba
OK...I had a 2 BR + Loft (1,320 sf) at Trail Creek and my quarterly dues were $1,450 or $483 per month. This included all outside maintenance, snow removal, water, sewer as well as the pool and hot tubs. Propane and cable were extra charges. Those on the Killington rental program (approx. 2/3 - 3/4 of the owners) have their wood included; everyone else pays for wood as an extra on a prorated basis.
What did wood, propane, cable, and internet cost?
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:What did wood, propane, cable, and internet cost?
Internet is less than $25 per month on a negotiated contract for the association. Propane, I think, runs less than $500 per year although that's really dependent on the price paid per gallon by the association. Wood is probably under $250 for the year. I'd have to go back and look through bills for more exact numbers. My electric bill averaged around $125 per month living there full time, including having an electric water heater.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:What did wood, propane, cable, and internet cost?
Internet is less than $25 per month on a negotiated contract for the association. Propane, I think, runs less than $500 per year although that's really dependent on the price paid per gallon by the association. Wood is probably under $250 for the year. I'd have to go back and look through bills for more exact numbers. My electric bill averaged around $125 per month living there full time, including having an electric water heater.

Elec similar. $100/mo in season (elec hot water, elec baseboard heat, elec range). $20/mo off season.
ImageImageImageImage
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

spanky wrote:Maintenance is pretty high. Weekends like this one with moe in town tend to be a little noisy. The water is really hard and tastes like crap. Look back at some of the other threads for more details.

We have a new water treatment plant that came online this November. Big difference from before.
Dishwasher now cleans a lot better even without Lemishine.