Vermont Health Exchange

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Vermont Health Exchange

Post by Dickc »

shortski wrote:Guy gets caught outright lying to the legislators and nothing happens. Oh the beauty of a state with a one party majority. Shumlib should fire his ass.
Did he testify under oath? If so charges could be filed for perjury. Not that they will.......
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Interesting article on the fallout from the VT Health Exchange rollout

http://digital.vpr.net/post/analysis-si ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Got something to hide?

http://vermontbiz.com/news/january/docu ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Documents accompanying contract with CGI pulled from state website

Fri Jan 3 2014

by Morgan True vtdigger.org

Internal documents originally posted on the Department of Vermont Health Access website that were posted with the state’s health care exchange IT contract were taken down to eliminate confusion, officials said Thursday.

The state’s contract with the Canadian IT company CGI is longer and more complex than most state contracts; memos and routing forms that predate the final contract and amendments were removed last month to eliminate confusion, DVHA spokeswoman Emily Yahr said.

One of the routing forms included a higher dollar amount that was later negotiated down, Yahr said. The documents were pulled by the department’s business office after a reporter pointed out the discrepancy, she said in an email.

The withdrawn memos include a letter from Charles Lehman, director of the Division of State Systems for the federal Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), explaining its conditional approval of an amended contract with CGI.

In another memo from Mark Larson, commissioner of DVHA, to Secretary of Administration Jeb Spaulding, Larson explains that, due to time constraints in meeting federal deadlines, the state was encouraged by CMS to hire CGI without a full procurement process based on “the favorable terms and conditions” in similar contracts CGI had inked with Colorado and Hawaii.

The routing forms, which are used internally during the contracting process, caused most of the confusion, Yahr said in an email. If the language in the memos aligns with the final contract, she said there would be no reason not to repost them.

All public documents relating to DVHA contracts are available from its offices, Yahr said, including the memos and routing forms.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

In a period where US jobs are scarce, why are lucrative contracts being handed out, without proper bidding, to Canadian firms with a HISTORY of failure?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Dr. NO wrote:In a period where US jobs are scarce, why are lucrative contracts being handed out, without proper bidding, to Canadian firms with a HISTORY of failure?
Classmate of Mouchelle Obama
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

shortski wrote:Mouchelle Obama
Thats' tacky and tasteless..

I could say the same about some of women I've seen you with.

But - I won't... Please enjoy them.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Well this will certainly help Vermont to bring business to the state - fund the single payer plan with an 11% payroll tax on business and 2% on employees.

http://vermontbiz.com/news/january/firs ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:Well this will certainly help Vermont to bring business to the state - fund the single payer plan with an 11% payroll tax on business and 2% on employees.

http://vermontbiz.com/news/january/firs ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And 10% on interest, dividends and Alimony; good way to keep wealthy retirees out. Figures Vermont would try to go with single payer. Man this is nuts. Truly socialized healthcare.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Hmm, more tax on my income, more tax on my savings and other investments? Anyone want to buy a house in Clarendon? I'll sell it cheap. :bang BTW, they tax the sale of that too.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

More on state funding options for a single payer system

http://www.vermontbiz.com/news/january/ ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Here's a good article on the problems the state legislature faces in trying to move forward with a single payer system in Vermont.

http://digital.vpr.net/post/single-paye ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Medical expenses approaching 20% of Vermont GDP

http://vermontbiz.com/news/january/medi ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

And for the fans of a single payer system as planned for Vermont, maybe you should read this:

http://vermontbiz.com/news/january/sing ... -286323177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Don't worry Vermont's single payer socialized medicine will take care of that.

Hope the housing market re-bounds pretty soon. I may be outta here after the funding for this is made public and the necessary laws passed.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... re/282626/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vermont became the first state in the country to lay the groundwork for single-payer health care. Gov. Peter Shumlin, a Democrat, signed the plan into law in May 2011.

Full implementation of Vermont’s single-payer plan could be held up for another three years, at least. In order for Green Mountain Care to fully launch in 2017, the health care exchange would have to get approval from the federal government to use federal money to fund the state program.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

shortski wrote:Don't worry Vermont's single payer socialized medicine will take care of that.
Shortski is 65 and on Medicare. The hypocrisy is staggering.