Healthcare.gov

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
steamboat1
Post Office

Re: Healthcare.gov

Post by steamboat1 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:So what's your solution?
Death Panels!

:beat
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

steamboat1 wrote:
Death Panels!

That actually is the correct solution. Government-paid health care needs to be rationed. Nobody lives forever and it's irrational to spend huge sums of public money prolonging life a few months. Until we do that, Medicare and Medicaid spin out of control. The committee that decides this public policy is indeed a death panel. Whoever from the Medical Cartel coined that phrase did a brilliant spin job since it defers actually rolling up our sleeves and making those hard decisions. In the mean time, the Medical Cartel profiteers.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Geoff wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
Death Panels!

That actually is the correct solution. Government-paid health care needs to be rationed. Nobody lives forever and it's irrational to spend huge sums of public money prolonging life a few months. Until we do that, Medicare and Medicaid spin out of control. The committee that decides this public policy is indeed a death panel. Whoever from the Medical Cartel coined that phrase did a brilliant spin job since it defers actually rolling up our sleeves and making those hard decisions. In the mean time, the Medical Cartel profiteers.

Until it is YOUR life or that of a loved one. Who is to decide?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
Geoff wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
Death Panels!

Until it is YOUR life or that of a loved one. Who is to decide?
THAT is where the problem lies, I totally agree that end of life care is ridiculously expensive and for the most part futile, perhaps if there were a specific end of life insurance that one could opt for, or not? Maybe allowing one to choose a swifter end? not specific answers just possible options...I'm hoping to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car... :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Does "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" equal "Mission Accomplished" or "I never had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski" in the pantheon of Presidential legacy makers?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:Does "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" equal "Mission Accomplished" or "I never had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski" in the pantheon of Presidential legacy makers?
Add in "I am not a crook"!
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Does "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" equal "Mission Accomplished"
If the mainstream media were not out to ding Bush at every turn that "mission accomplished" would not have been used by the media almost daily for months/years. The banner was made specifically for that particular aircraft carrier whose specific mission had just ended and whose crew were returning home. I know from experience that if the President at the time had been a Democrat it never would have been a highlighted story to drive the narrative of "incompetence" and would have been understood it in its context and that is a President honoring the crew of a US Navy ship returning home from a battle zone.

Its like the Bush Sr. "grocery scanner" moment from 1991-2 that the NY Times and then every other mainstream media sourced used to push the narrative that Bush Sr. was "out of touch". It even became a SNL skit. Grocery price scanners had already entered common use and Bush Sr. appeared amazed at a grocery store suppliers convention to see one working. If Bush was a Democrat the media would have added the context that this was a very special grocery scanner that could read badly damaged bar codes and that is why Bush Sr. appeared surprised not because he had never seen on of them operate before. These are the types of facts I see the media leave out in all sorts of stories because it gets in the way of a narrative they want to promote/advocate. I have done secondary research on a lot of news only to find the story is totally contradicted by facts that were left out.

As for Obama, he blatantly lied that "if you like you plan you can keep it" a dozen or more times. I lost my plan. It covered everything 100% after the deductible and had no upper dollar limit and a $3,500 deductible. Now the best I can get is 20% co-insurance after the deductible. I used to have 100% prescription drug coverage now the all I can get is 20% co-pay after the deductible. There is no plan I can buy now that does that. So what if I get chiropractic, substance abuse and mental health coverage if I cannot afford the plan any longer and I am out of the subsidy range. The major insurers supported Obamacare because it means more business for them with additional mandated coverages for everyone. Like in Mass. the lobbyists for every mostly acutely unnecessary treatment known to man will be lobbying to get added to the mandate list. In Mass 6 have been added including infertility. Eventually, not that it is not already, Obamacare like Mass Health will morph into a completely unaffordable system (Mass has the highest per capita health costs in the country). So Obama lied. He should have said that if you are rich or a politician you can keep your insurance level and if you are poor and have no insurance you will get better insurance and you people in the middle will pay for it with increased premiums and decreased coverage.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

GSKI wrote:

As for Obama, he blatantly lied that "if you like you plan you can keep it" a dozen or more times. I lost my plan. It covered everything 100% after the deductible and had no upper dollar limit and a $3,500 deductible. Now the best I can get is 20% co-insurance after the deductible. I used to have 100% prescription drug coverage now the all I can get is 20% co-pay after the deductible. There is no plan I can buy now that does that. So what if I get chiropractic, substance abuse and mental health coverage if I cannot afford the plan any longer and I am out of the subsidy range. The major insurers supported Obamacare because it means more business for them with additional mandated coverages for everyone. Like in Mass. the lobbyists for every mostly acutely unnecessary treatment known to man will be lobbying to get added to the mandate list. In Mass 6 have been added including infertility. Eventually, not that it is not already, Obamacare like Mass Health will morph into a completely unaffordable system (Mass has the highest per capita health costs in the country). So Obama lied. He should have said that if you are rich or a politician you can keep your insurance level and if you are poor and have no insurance you will get better insurance and you people in the middle will pay for it with increased premiums and decreased coverage.
What's interesting is seeing the press pick up on this and start to turn on Obama. The press generally does this over time but, with this President, it has seemingly taken longer.

Oh, the latest NBC/WSJ poll has Obama starting to get down into Bush territory on the job being done.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

What's interesting is seeing the press pick up on this and start to turn on Obama. The press generally does this over time but, with this President, it has seemingly taken longer.
You mean like years late. The press and most of those watching knew before the ACA was passed in 2009 that certain large groups would be losers. The press choose not to report it and highlight it enough to reach the casual news viewer who makes up the majority of voters because thy are ideologically aligned with Obama and wanted the law to pass so they avoided focusing on any negatives. If a Republican was proposing what progressive Democrats and Obama wanted to pass the press would have been skeptical and adversarial pointing out the consequences as many times as it took to seep into the general public's consciousness. Since the press is not mostly straight news reporting journalism anymore but rather "advocacy" journalism they avoided asking the questions and telling the story because it might turn the public against Obama and the legislation. Now that Obama is safely reelected and to many people are dinged by the law that it cannot be ignored they are all over it (now they tell us). Many of the news stories, however, are still supportive or trying to minimize the problem or understand the Presidents spin. Its not news its propaganda. You cannot trust the media to be unbiased and it has only presented itself as such for periods of time in US history. Unfortunately we have just left on of those periods and the general public has not caught up.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

GSKI wrote:
If the mainstream media were not out to ding Bush at every turn that "mission accomplished" would not have been used by the media almost daily for months/years. The banner was made specifically for that particular aircraft carrier whose specific mission had just ended and whose crew were returning home. I know from experience that if the President at the time had been a Democrat it never would have been a highlighted story to drive the narrative of "incompetence" and would have been understood it in its context and that is a President honoring the crew of a US Navy ship returning home from a battle zone.

Its like the Bush Sr. "grocery scanner" moment from 1991-2 that the NY Times and then every other mainstream media sourced used to push the narrative that Bush Sr. was "out of touch". It even became a SNL skit. Grocery price scanners had already entered common use and Bush Sr. appeared amazed at a grocery store suppliers convention to see one working. If Bush was a Democrat the media would have added the context that this was a very special grocery scanner that could read badly damaged bar codes and that is why Bush Sr. appeared surprised not because he had never seen on of them operate before. These are the types of facts I see the media leave out in all sorts of stories because it gets in the way of a narrative they want to promote/advocate. I have done secondary research on a lot of news only to find the story is totally contradicted by facts that were left out.

Are you saying you don't need Maternity care? How about Trans Gender Surgery? My new coverage covers damn near everything that I don't want or need, and it starts off with a 16% increase in cost along with reduced coverage on normal things. BUT, I can get a mama-gram and visit my OBGYN once / year for free. I'm lucky for now with company insurance for the next 4 years, then I get dumped into the Medicare pools. Should be fun.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Dr. NO wrote:
GSKI wrote:

Are you saying you don't need Maternity care? How about Trans Gender Surgery? My new coverage covers damn near everything that I don't want or need, and it starts off with a 16% increase in cost along with reduced coverage on normal things. BUT, I can get a mama-gram and visit my OBGYN once / year for free. I'm lucky for now with company insurance for the next 4 years, then I get dumped into the Medicare pools. Should be fun.
Once you've lived out your USEFULNESS forget about medicare, you owe it to the Government for the life you lived and now it is time to show it ! You know with the deficit , record unemployment etc.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

U.S. taxpayers have squandered over $1 billion to set up ObamaCare exchanges in 15 states.

http://www.caintv.com/taxpayers-have-spent-over-1-bi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A CBS News analysis shows that the 15 states that opted to set up their own exchanges are spending more than $1.1 billion to launch and implement their own websites, often paying the same government contractors to do the same job in different states.

A botched attempt to build healthcare registry in Ontario went so badly that the Canadian government just gave up, walking away from a $46.2 million contract after years of missed deadlines. Vermont’s healthcare exchange, also setup by CGI, has been an object of ridicule for some state legislators who point to shoddy work and missed deadlines.

What's worse is that five states which built their own sites hired CGI Federal - the same, disastrous, company tasked with building Healthcare.gov. So, it looks like you may have contributed your hard earned tax dollars to pay CGI Federal five different times, across multiple states, for essentially the same code. ...which we now know doesn't work."

including

Obamacare’s Vermont Fail

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -fail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After more than two weeks of dysfunction, it is clear that the rollout of the $400 million federal health-care exchange at HealthCare.gov has been an unmitigated disaster with no end in sight. Enrollment is far lower than hoped for, projected, or needed, in part due to a cascade of technical website design and testing failures.

Maryland...Two weeks into the launch of their state exchange, a whopping 1,000 people had enrolled through the state’s online portal that is riddled with “glitches” that likely won’t be resolved until late November or early December.

Vermont...The reality is that Vermont’s health-care exchange website may be even a bigger mess than the federal-run HealthCare.Gov. And health care in Vermont may be headed for a unique train wreck due to its efforts to become the first state in the country to implement a single payer plan.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:U.S. taxpayers have squandered over $1 billion to set up ObamaCare exchanges in 15 states.

http://www.caintv.com/taxpayers-have-spent-over-1-bi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A CBS News analysis shows that the 15 states that opted to set up their own exchanges are spending more than $1.1 billion to launch and implement their own websites, often paying the same government contractors to do the same job in different states.

A botched attempt to build healthcare registry in Ontario went so badly that the Canadian government just gave up, walking away from a $46.2 million contract after years of missed deadlines. Vermont’s healthcare exchange, also setup by CGI, has been an object of ridicule for some state legislators who point to shoddy work and missed deadlines.

What's worse is that five states which built their own sites hired CGI Federal - the same, disastrous, company tasked with building Healthcare.gov. So, it looks like you may have contributed your hard earned tax dollars to pay CGI Federal five different times, across multiple states, for essentially the same code. ...which we now know doesn't work."

including

Obamacare’s Vermont Fail

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -fail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After more than two weeks of dysfunction, it is clear that the rollout of the $400 million federal health-care exchange at HealthCare.gov has been an unmitigated disaster with no end in sight. Enrollment is far lower than hoped for, projected, or needed, in part due to a cascade of technical website design and testing failures.

Maryland...Two weeks into the launch of their state exchange, a whopping 1,000 people had enrolled through the state’s online portal that is riddled with “glitches” that likely won’t be resolved until late November or early December.

Vermont...The reality is that Vermont’s health-care exchange website may be even a bigger mess than the federal-run HealthCare.Gov. And health care in Vermont may be headed for a unique train wreck due to its efforts to become the first state in the country to implement a single payer plan.
The Daily Beast panning Obamacare and Vermont's version in particular? Is this liberal on liberal violence? Are liberals beginning to eat their young? What's next?

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Dickc wrote:
Bubba wrote:Does "If you like your insurance, you can keep it" equal "Mission Accomplished" or "I never had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinski" in the pantheon of Presidential legacy makers?
Add in "I am not a crook"!
"I will not sign any bill that adds one dime to the deficit."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

CBS's Attkisson: Only 6 People Enrolled In Obamacare On First Day

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... t_day.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Publicly, the government said there were 4.7 million unique visits in the first 24 hours, but at a meeting Wednesday morning, the war room notes say 6 enrollments have occurred so far. They were with Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, CareSource, and Health Care Service Corporation. By Wednesday afternoon, enrollments were up to approximately 100. By the end of Wednesday, the notes reflect 248 enrollments nationwide.

The health care exchanges need to average 39,000 enrollees a day to meet the goal of 7 million by March 1st. The war room notes give a glimpse into some of the reasons customers had problems. Direct enrollment -- signing up directly on an insurer's web site -- is not working for any issuers. Experian credit reporting agency is creating confusion with credit check information. Issuer phone numbers are not appearing correctly on the pay now page.

The notes leave no doubt the enrollment figures, which the administration has chosen to keep secret, are available. "

hahahaha SIX f@ckin people!!!! signature achievement indeed... man you gotta be a special kind of stupid to not see the absolute failure that is obama...
mach es sehr schnell