Healthcare.gov

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Healthcare.gov

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:Say it ain't so. Obama and his cronies knew that insurance companies would drop coverage due to the extras required by Obamacare and new policies will increase up to 600% and even more. But we already knew this, right?

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news ... rance?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OH yeah, NBC investigative reporting. Good job but a little bit too late.

As reported:http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/90588-w ... are-years/
Remember, you had to pass the bill to know what was in it.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Say it ain't so. Obama and his cronies knew that insurance companies would drop coverage due to the extras required by Obamacare and new policies will increase up to 600% and even more. But we already knew this, right?

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news ... rance?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OH yeah, NBC investigative reporting. Good job but a little bit too late.

As reported:http://www.ijreview.com/2013/10/90588-w ... are-years/
Remember, you had to pass the bill to know what was in it.
Osama Bin Laden said the next attack on America will be from within. Now I know what he meant.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

This President seems to not know a lot about what is going on in his administration. We're told he was not aware of the website issues; he was not aware of the fact that millions would lose there health insurance of choice even while saying everyone would get to keep their policies; he was not aware of the NSA tracking calls of foreign allied leaders. :bull

Who's running the show? Dick Cheney was often accused of running the Bush administration. Hopefully, the man pulling the strings now isn't Joe Biden.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:This President seems to not know a lot about what is going on in his administration. We're told he was not aware of the website issues; he was not aware of the fact that millions would lose there health insurance of choice even while saying everyone would get to keep their policies; he was not aware of the NSA tracking calls of foreign allied leaders. :bull

Who's running the show? Dick Cheney was often accused of running the Bush administration. Hopefully, the man pulling the strings now isn't Joe Biden.
Worse, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi. :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
shortski wrote:From the comments on the health web site link.

This is this crux of the matter.

"For Gods sake I only make $19,000.00 a year..I can not to afford $360.00 monthly out of my pocket for premiums..What is going on, is this misleading or I not understanding.."

The politicians are so out of touch with reality. How is anyone making $9.15 an hour able to put aside $360 a month for insurance?

"Afordable" health care act my ass.

To top it off wait until people find out what the deductibles are on top of the premiums.
This is a good example of someone who will simply pay the fine and still get care at the ER if absolutely necessary. This person will pay $190 in year 1 (plus $47.50 per child), $380 in year 2 (plus $162.50 per child), and $475 in year 3 (plus $347.50 per child). Things should get interesting!
I feel for these people... but how do we solve this issue of "Emergency Room Welfare"? (I'm not saying Obamacare is the answer... i'm just posing the question)
Don't Killington Pico
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

boston_e wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
shortski wrote:From the comments on the health web site link.

This is this crux of the matter.

"For Gods sake I only make $19,000.00 a year..I can not to afford $360.00 monthly out of my pocket for premiums..What is going on, is this misleading or I not understanding.."

The politicians are so out of touch with reality. How is anyone making $9.15 an hour able to put aside $360 a month for insurance?

"Afordable" health care act my ass.

To top it off wait until people find out what the deductibles are on top of the premiums.
This is a good example of someone who will simply pay the fine and still get care at the ER if absolutely necessary. This person will pay $190 in year 1 (plus $47.50 per child), $380 in year 2 (plus $162.50 per child), and $475 in year 3 (plus $347.50 per child). Things should get interesting!
I feel for these people... but how do we solve this issue of "Emergency Room Welfare"? (I'm not saying Obamacare is the answer... i'm just posing the question)
These people received Emergency Room Care and MORE without paying a fine previously. NOW, if they make too much (they can't afford health care how do you bill the fine?) they have to pay a fine and then still use the Emergency Rooms. Just a Progressive push for Socialized Health Care.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Dr. NO wrote:
These people received Emergency Room Care and MORE without paying a fine previously. NOW, if they make too much (they can't afford health care how do you bill the fine?) they have to pay a fine and then still use the Emergency Rooms. Just a Progressive push for Socialized Health Care.
That is exactly what I am saying. So what then is the solution for that? Are we better off trying to collect something from them (even in the form of a fine / tax / whatever we want to call it)? Do we instruct our Emergency Rooms to turn people away at the door if they are uninsured and cannot pay out of pocket?
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
That is exactly what I am saying. So what then is the solution for that? move the hospitals out of the cities and off the bus line? :mrgreen: Are we better off trying to collect something from them (even in the form of a fine / tax / whatever we want to call it)? Do we instruct our Emergency Rooms to turn people away at the door if they are uninsured and cannot pay out of pocket?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
That is exactly what I am saying. So what then is the solution for that? Are we better off trying to collect something from them (even in the form of a fine / tax / whatever we want to call it)? Do we instruct our Emergency Rooms to turn people away at the door if they are uninsured and cannot pay out of pocket?
Increase the penalties if you don't have healthcare. If you don't pay the fine (e.g., no tax return, nothing to lose) then the IRS takes money from your pay. If you're paid in cash they put a lien on your home, etc. Make people take it seriously.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Increase the penalties if you don't have healthcare. If you don't pay the fine (e.g., no tax return, nothing to lose) then the IRS takes money from your pay. If you're paid in cash they put a lien on your home, etc. Make people take it seriously.
you are talking about people with little to no income and no assets, how's that supposed to work?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

And now, for your reading pleasure, another ACA glitch:

http://swampland.time.com/2013/10/30/an ... tter-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Are they gonna wear red/black arm bands with IRS on them ? How long will you be able to stay in YOUR house before they drag you out and put you on the trains ? If you don't have the money to afford the " AFFORDABLE Insurance " then you'll never have the money , so why keep you alive AFTER ALL YOU HAVE OTHER ASSETS THEY CAN TAKE once you're gone !
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Atomic1 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Are they gonna wear red/black arm bands with IRS on them ? How long will you be able to stay in YOUR house before they drag you out and put you on the trains ? If you don't have the money to afford the " AFFORDABLE Insurance " then you'll never have the money , so why keep you alive AFTER ALL YOU HAVE OTHER ASSETS THEY CAN TAKE once you're gone !
So what's your solution?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
boston_e wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
So what's your solution?
you are talking about people with little to no income and no assets, how's that supposed to work?

why does there need to be a "solution"? as if that were even realistically possible
mach es sehr schnell

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

boston_e wrote: I feel for these people... but how do we solve this issue of "Emergency Room Welfare"? (I'm not saying Obamacare is the answer... i'm just posing the question)
You could always repeal the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act. Any hospital that takes Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP money can't legally turn anybody away. If you opt out of health insurance and can't show ability to pay when you show up at the ER, you die.

We've trained a generation or two of poor people to use the ER as their medical walk-in. That's the least cost-effective place to deliver medicine possible. Even worse, they dial 911 and get free ambulance ride rather than getting somebody to bring them to somewhere to get medical treatment. Most of us with real health insurance have all kinds of incentives built in to our policy to avoid the ER whenever possible. It's pretty typical that you only get partial reimbursement (or none at all) if you don't get admitted to the hospital.

I'd suggest government-run walk-in clinics with technicians (EMTs, nurse-practitioners or similar level rather than physicians) who are government employees. If you don't have health insurance, you take a taxi to one of those clinics. If they can't handle it, you then go to the ER. The ER then has a carefully crafted list of outcome-based procedures they perform as free rationed medicine. I'd create the staff slots by funding medical training with tax dollars. Kind of like ROTC. You get the scholarship and have to serve 4 years after you graduate. No lawsuits since everything is Federal. No malpractice. No "defensive medicine". A government-run extremely basic national health care system. If you want more than that, buy health insurance.