Healthcare.gov

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Healthcare.gov

Post by Bubba »

GSKI wrote:Obama is "sorry" some will lose their health insurance and "mis-understood" his promise! The Obama administration itself estimated that 50-67% of individual policies would be cancelled as a result of the law. They also estimate 60+% of employer insurance will be cancelled when the employer mandate kicks in in 2015. Perhaps that is why they delayed it 1 year because the Democrats would have been crushed in the 2014 mid-term congressional elections if tens of millions lost their employer based insurance and got dumped into the malfunctioning Obamacare exchanges. What a joke. These guys say it well:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2 ... it-say.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A “lying apology,” but what did it say?

John does a an excellent job of showing that President Obama’s “apology” regarding Obamacare merely attempts to perpetuate the administration’s cover-up effort. But what exactly did Obama apologize for?

Here is the main apology sentence:

I am sorry that they [i.e., people who have lost their insurance plan] are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me.

But no one lost insurance coverage because of Obama’s assurances that they wouldn’t lose it. They lost their coverage by the natural operation of Obamacare.

Obama is probably saying — insincerely — that he’s sorry people find themselves in the situation of having lost their health insurance and are surprised about it due to his assurances that this wouldn’t happen. Indeed, Obama can’t plausibly say he’s sorry merely for the loss of insurance coverage since (1) he has insisted that losing these “bad apple” plans is a good thing and (2) the law was designed so that people would lose coverage.

My interpretation is consistent with the “regret” Obama expresses in the same paragraph:

I regret very much that what we intended to do, which was to make sure that everybody is moving into better plans because they want them as opposed to because they are forced into it, but we weren’t as clear as we needed to be in terms of the changes that were taking place. . .

So again, the “regret” is over people being surprised — ambushed, really — due to the administration’s lack of clarity.

But, Obama had to ambush people. If he had spoken honestly about the effect of Obamacare on existing coverage before Congress voted on it, the law wouldn’t have been enacted. If he had spoken honestly afterwards, he would have suffered immense political damage and jeopardized his reelection.

The real question, of course, is whether Obama’s “apology” will help him and his Party. I don’t think it will. The apology is too garbled. It sounds too much like what it is — a politician attempting to squirm out of a lie.

Moreover, this statement from the same interview may come back to haunt Obama:

We are talking about 5% of the population who are in what’s called the individual market. They’re out there buying health insurance on their own. And even though it only affects a small amount of the population, it means a lot to them, obviously to get this letter canceled.

But, as John says, this 5 percent is only the tip of the iceberg. Once employer plans begin to be cancelled en masse, Obama will be seen to have doubled-down on deception, rather than coming clean in an interview in which he purports to do so.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens over time. My company has made some changes to our plans for next year but nothing that impacts me in any serious way. My premium cost will actually decrease although my max out of pocket will increase by about $500 per year. Some gold plated union plans, however, are seeing significant changes and that's throwing the unions into a quandary since they supported Obama and Obamacare and now it's coming around to bite them in the butt. The real risk to employees, however, is a reduction in work hours to get under the 30 hour threshold.

Voters probably will want to know why their president, when apologizing for not having explained in advance to folks in the individual market that they would lose their coverage, misled folks in employer plans into believing that the problem did not extend to them.

Most will conclude, or be reinforced in their belief, that Obama is an inveterate dissembler.

Most voters won't have a clue. That's why we keep electing and reelecting the people who we send to DC in the first place.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Still on my Retirement plan (same as employer). My premium went up 16% but my out of pocket and supplied savings card remained the same. If what is said is true, employers will drop health care when it becomes mandatory, I along with thousands of others on fixed retirement income will be totally screwed.

Love this Hopey and Changey thing!

What would happen if the Birthers ever prove BO is not a citizen? Hmmm.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Time Magazine columnist comments on "stunning reversals" and refers to the administration knowing for years that the "you get to keep it" message was BS.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/08/an ... tter-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:Time Magazine columnist comments on "stunning reversals" and refers to the administration knowing for years that the "you get to keep it" message was BS.

http://swampland.time.com/2013/11/08/an ... tter-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yes. O's apology was very sincere, I'm sure.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Obamacare - Blinding You With Science

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-1 ... ou-science" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

excerpt:

"Science is glorious. But government is not science, and society cannot be managed scientifically from the center. Ludwig von Mises had a phrase he used to describe every attempt: “planned chaos.” There is a plan, and the experts are in charge with all resources and conviction. But the results are crazy, random, irrational, confusing, and chaotic.

It would be the greatest legacy of the Affordable Care Act if the government finally understands this message. Then we could get back to the old liberal conviction that individuals always and everywhere do a better job in managing their lives. Better than the government, anyway."
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Obamacare enrollment takes off. :lol: We've gone from 6 enrollments on the first day to about 50,000 for the first month. Anyone impressed yet?

http://nation.time.com/2013/11/12/obama ... tter-daily" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

So suddenly everyone is a Enterprise IT Architect... haha..
Just like suddenly everyone became a gun expert and this entire board got pissed.....

Guns are easy to understand... Load... And shoot...

IT Architecture not so easy...

You guys are cut and paste geniuses..
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:So suddenly everyone is a Enterprise IT Architect... haha..
Just like suddenly everyone became a gun expert and this entire board got pissed.....

Guns are easy to understand... Load... And shoot...

IT Architecture not so easy...

You guys are cut and paste geniuses..
and yer still an imbecile who understands nothing...Not a person on this board has even attempted to offer an IT based fix, nor do I expect any would, so what exactly are you talking about? any idea at all? or just more demented clown blather?

But I suppose you think that NSA spying and US military IT technology is so far behind private sector IT technology that they are incapable of creating a hotels.com, hotwire.com etc?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

You're so smart... A mind wasted sucking the dicks of all your lame friends here... Don't you get exhausted preaching to this aging choir?
Same stuff over and over again... haha...

that's called a "loop" for you non IT people...

Back to watching this lame train wreck...

Peace!! Happy Skiing!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:You're so smart... A mind wasted sucking the dicks of all your lame friends here... Don't you get exhausted preaching to this aging choir?
Same stuff over and over again... haha...

that's called a "loop" for you non IT people...

Back to watching this lame train wreck...

Peace!! Happy Skiing!!!

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Who counts as an Obamacare enrollee? The Obama administration settles on a definition.

"When the Obama administration releases health law enrollment figures later this week, though, it will use a more expansive definition. It will count people who have purchased a plan as well as those who have a plan sitting in their online shopping cart but have not yet paid."

67.44% – average documented online shopping cart abandonment rate

http://baymard.com/lists/cart-abandonment-rate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

more lies and propaganda for the lofo/nofo's to gobble down...

Yes liberals he does think you are that stupid... In fact he's counting on it...
mach es sehr schnell

GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Could be even higher than this stat which I assume applies to private on-line stores where you know the price up front. On the Healthcare.gov site they do not tell you until the end.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GSKI wrote:
Could be even higher than this stat which I assume applies to private on-line stores where you know the price up front. On the Healthcare.gov site they do not tell you until the end.
there is a link to where the avg came from

http://baymard.com/lists/cart-abandonment-rate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

you old guys crack me up...

You think your all experts in online shopping, path analysis and web analytics...
hahahaha....

Stick to guns and chasing old snow bunnies.... hahaha...
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

DMC wrote:you old guys crack me up...

You think your all experts in online shopping, path analysis and web analytics...
hahahaha....

Stick to guns and chasing old snow bunnies.... hahaha...

Your or You're hmm...

DMC= Douche Man Coming :mrgreen:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.