12/16/13 Monday Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

12/16/13 Monday Report

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sun won the battle over the early morning clouds. Summit temp of 4 degrees on a day that stayed on the cold side. Ungroomed Lower East Fall had powder bumps with sheet ice in between. Cascade was nice with some groomed but bump lines were left off to the sides. Perfect groomed packed powder snow surface over a solid base. Upper Ridge Run was in as nice a shape as you will every find it. Middle Ovation had some of the sweetest natural bumps. Spent the rest of day breaking untracked in some out of the way places till our legs called for a beer.

Grade A-

Quote of the Day - Tailgating is a extreme sport some days here.
Cascade bumpline.jpg
Cascade bumpline.jpg (54.77 KiB) Viewed 618 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: 12/16/13 Monday Report

Post by MrsG »

Stayed on the Sup/Needles side of the mountain. Was surprised to see that you can ski over the top on Gateway either to the top of Skyburst or all the way around to Bear . . . lots of soft snow - Skyburst ungroomed and bumped - snow blowing on lower Skyburst . . . Panic groomed, Needles half groomed and had every condition imaginable, from soft snow, bumps, to scraped, to death cookies (little ones) . . . after all the wind last night, expected more windblown, but was surprised to not find too much. Guns blaring on lower Great Eastern past Cruise - some guns on Cruise as well. Could see guns on Timberline over at Rams.

Nice to have the sun to see all the new snow . . . by the way, Highline appeared open from the Sup lift, but time constraint prevented a trip over there :mrgreen:

PSIA are here in droves . . . a lot of college students too . . . :seeya
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Lapping Highline from the Snowden Quad is a great aerobic workout.

Nothing compares to the feel of nat snow under your skis. Love what they've been doing with the snowmaking but they've only been doing it for 55 years. Ma Nature has been doing it for four billion years.

Definatly an A
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

shortski wrote: Ma Nature has been doing it for four billion years.
Giggity!
ImageImageImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Move this to the political forum.

:-)
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Groomers paradise.
And some woods!
Where is Happy Hour ?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

shortski wrote:Lapping Highline from the Snowden Quad is a great aerobic workout.

Nothing compares to the feel of nat snow under your skis. Love what they've been doing with the snowmaking but they've only been doing it for 55 years. Ma Nature has been doing it for four billion years.

Definatly an A
Did you remember to make a stop at our condo?
Quagmire
Green Skidder

Post by Quagmire »

Stormchaser wrote:
shortski wrote: Ma Nature has been doing it for four billion years.
Giggity!
Giggity!!

Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.
Snoprincess
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Snoprincess »

For a warm up I decided on Bear trax, launch pad, great northern to Cruise. The bottom of cruise was nice. Was not happy with my skiing from the top. After reading the reports so glad I didnt do needles. Decided to make my way over to Rams for some easy cruisers. Soft cords still to be found. the snow was amazing today! Broke my speed record according to alpine replay lol 59.1 lol yeah cant be right.
Forgot about Ridge Run. Sounds like I missed out on that today. Tomorrow for sure. Pow day tomorrow perhaps :banana: :seeya
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

stayed mostly with the nats & ungroomed. surprised by the ice on east fall. other than that not a bad turn on the mtn. also surprised to see they groomed great bear and even more surprised they groomed half of vagabond. our rotd was middle ovation. agree with gis about the sweetness of those bumps. also had loads of fun on the needles bumps.
spoiled South American skiin' whore