Game on!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Oh--- A different day-- first Jason-- Now Bernie and the Yankees take a 5-2 lead :D
1918 lives
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

borgy wrote:Oh--- A different day-- first Jason-- Now Bernie and the Yankees take a 5-2 lead :D

this is better than ESPN...thanks
shortski
:dis
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:
borgy wrote:Oh--- A different day-- first Jason-- Now Bernie and the Yankees take a 5-2 lead :D

hey--- no problem
1918 lives
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

borgy wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:

hey--- no problem
I'm cool... 8)
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:I didn't hear it or see it BUT someone told me the Sox fans gave Mariano Rivera quite an ovation today :lol: as they booed all the other yankees!
They cheered hime like the integral part of the championship he was! It was great. Even Mo was laughing when it happened.
That's called "class", along with the Yankees being in the dugout during the ring thing....class....something several Sox players failed to show during spring training when they were lobbing shots at ARod. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:I didn't hear it or see it BUT someone told me the Sox fans gave Mariano Rivera quite an ovation today :lol: as they booed all the other yankees!
They cheered hime like the integral part of the championship he was! It was great. Even Mo was laughing when it happened.
That's called "class", along with the Yankees being in the dugout during the ring thing....class....something several Sox players failed to show during spring training when they were lobbing shots at ARod. :wink:

Oh shut the f*@& up about class. Steinbrenner can buy a lot with his money, but class isn't one of those things. Big George commanded his troops to be in the dugout, as was reported on ESPN, and it doesn't exactly sound like it was an act inherent of his team's nature: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qst ... FlZUVFeXk2

As for lobbing shots at the 25 million dollar man, the whiny bitch is getting what he deserves:

You don't make a play like that and command any respect. His teammates don't even respect him enough to defend him.

I am SO glad I'm not a Yankee fan. :lol:
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:

Oh shut the f*@& up about class. Steinbrenner can buy a lot with his money, but class isn't one of those things. Big George commanded his troops to be in the dugout, as was reported on ESPN, and it doesn't exactly sound like it was an act inherent of his team's nature: http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qst ... FlZUVFeXk2

As for lobbing shots at the 25 million dollar man, the whiny bitch is getting what he deserves:

You don't make a play like that and command any respect. His teammates don't even respect him enough to defend him.

LOL....Yo, Citi...even Jerry Remy (Sox color man and "homer" supreme) defended ARod on NESN's broadcast of the game last night. He said it was an instintive play that anyone might have made in trying to get a hand at the ball and ARod didn't deserve the crap he took.

As for Steinbrenner ordering the team to be in the dugout, so? That's a classy thing to do from a guy who rarely shows class in public when it comes to his team. I consider the Yankees a classy team. I generally consider Steinbrenner a classless owner who did something classy in this case. You ought to give credit where credit is due.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Cityskier wrote:

LOL....Yo, Citi...even Jerry Remy (Sox color man and "homer" supreme) defended ARod on NESN's broadcast of the game last night. He said it was an instintive play that anyone might have made in trying to get a hand at the ball and ARod didn't deserve the crap he took.

As for Steinbrenner ordering the team to be in the dugout, so? That's a classy thing to do from a guy who rarely shows class in public when it comes to his team. I consider the Yankees a classy team. I generally consider Steinbrenner a classless owner who did something classy in this case. You ought to give credit where credit is due.
I'm just having fun with you Bubbs. I thought the Yanks were great on Monday. A little of the meaning was lost when I heard their showing was compulsory, but it was still pretty cool.

Jerry Remy can say what he wants. He's only slightly less annoying than Jim Kaat and Michael Kay. I'm all for running Arroyo over in that situation. Joe Morgan said any member of the Big Red Machine would have drilled him into right field. But the slap??? That was just weak.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Bubba wrote: LOL....Yo, Citi...even Jerry Remy (Sox color man and "homer" supreme) defended ARod on NESN's broadcast of the game last night. He said it was an instinctive play that anyone might have made in trying to get a hand at the ball and ARod didn't deserve the crap he took.

You really think Remdog saying it was instinctual defends Arod??? So, it was an instinctual act, ok. Arod's instincts cause him cheat, do something specifically illegal in the rules of baseball, and then try to deny that he did anything wrong. So he is instinctually a cheater and a liar....I think that is worse than being an intentional cheater and liar. If he had intentionally done it at least he made a decision to do so, however poor it may have been. If this is just the way Arod is, unintentionally, it doesn't say much for him as a person at all!
Last edited by Stormchaser on Apr 14th, '05, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Stormchaser wrote:You really think Remdog saying it was instinctual defends Arod??? So, it was an instinctual act, ok. Arod's instincts cause him cheat, do something specifically illegal in the rules of baseball, and then try to deny that he did anything wrong. So he is instinctually a cheater....I think that is worse than being an intentional cheater. If he had intentionally done it at least he made a decision to do so, however poor it may have been. If this is just the way Arod is, unintentionally, it doesn't say much for him as a person at all!
Very nicely said SC!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Cityskier wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:You really think Remdog saying it was instinctual defends Arod??? So, it was an instinctual act, ok. Arod's instincts cause him cheat, do something specifically illegal in the rules of baseball, and then try to deny that he did anything wrong. So he is instinctually a cheater....I think that is worse than being an intentional cheater. If he had intentionally done it at least he made a decision to do so, however poor it may have been. If this is just the way Arod is, unintentionally, it doesn't say much for him as a person at all!
Very nicely said SC!
Slamalama...

DING DONG!
ImageImageImageImage
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Stormchaser wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Very nicely said SC!
Slamalama...

DING DONG!
Enough is enough--- Yes we all know what Arod did in the playoffs last year. Whether it's right or wrong, who the F cares right now. It's a new season so let's move on and worry about the present and not the past. This has been rehashed, over and over again and I'm sick of it. Why don't you Red Sox fans just enjoy being the defending champions and move on already. :roll: It's a new season!!!!!!
1918 lives
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

borgy wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
Very nicely said SC!
Slamalama...

DING DONG!
Enough is enough--- Yes we all know what Arod did in the playoffs last year. Whether it's right or wrong, who the F cares right now. It's a new season so let's move on and worry about the present and not the past. This has been rehashed, over and over again and I'm sick of it. Why don't you Red Sox fans just enjoy being the defending champions and move on already. :roll: It's a new season!!!!!!

Actually there, mr borgy, it was Bubba (aka Yankees fan) who brought it all up again. I'm content to relish in our win, but I sure as hell ain't gonna let no Yankee fan get the last word, especially when he's spewing crap from his fingers (mouth).
ImageImageImageImage
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

borgy wrote:Enough is enough--- Yes we all know what Arod did in the playoffs last year. Whether it's right or wrong, who the F cares right now. It's a new season so let's move on and worry about the present and not the past. This has been rehashed, over and over again and I'm sick of it. Why don't you Red Sox fans just enjoy being the defending champions and move on already. :roll: It's a new season!!!!!!
I'm thoroughly enjoying the season. I didn't realize that since a Yankme fan was sick of something I had to stop discussing it, even though the subject was brought up by another, different Yankme fan.

I'd be happy not to discuss it. Tell me Borgy, does this new, progressive, forward-thinking attitude of yours preclude you from making comments about NYs past 26 championships? I'm betting that you would all start twitching if you couldn't fall back on your safety blanket...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Hell, the one comment about a good runner would have just run the bastard over was the right idea. that sissy slap sucked, but I don't really now the rule on that.

As for A-Rod, after his 1st game in Boston, he SUCKS ! over paid sissy boy can't get is uniform dirty.

Of course, happyness is when all the Bosox suck ! :wink:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?