Game on!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:
Bubba wrote: LOL....Yo, Citi...even Jerry Remy (Sox color man and "homer" supreme) defended ARod on NESN's broadcast of the game last night. He said it was an instinctive play that anyone might have made in trying to get a hand at the ball and ARod didn't deserve the crap he took.

You really think Remdog saying it was instinctual defends Arod??? So, it was an instinctual act, ok. Arod's instincts cause him cheat, do something specifically illegal in the rules of baseball, and then try to deny that he did anything wrong. So he is instinctually a cheater and a liar....I think that is worse than being an intentional cheater and liar. If he had intentionally done it at least he made a decision to do so, however poor it may have been. If this is just the way Arod is, unintentionally, it doesn't say much for him as a person at all!
Actually, what Remy said was that it was an instinctive move for any ballplayer - either run him over or try to get a hand on the ball in some way or interfere in some way so as to preclude a tag. And he specifically defended ARod against the attacks that were made on him. Personally, I thought he should've run him down and sent him into right field to be carried off on a stretcher but, if he'd done that, Sox fans would've called him on being unecessarily rough.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Cityskier wrote:
borgy wrote:Enough is enough--- Yes we all know what Arod did in the playoffs last year. Whether it's right or wrong, who the F cares right now. It's a new season so let's move on and worry about the present and not the past. This has been rehashed, over and over again and I'm sick of it. Why don't you Red Sox fans just enjoy being the defending champions and move on already. :roll: It's a new season!!!!!!
I'm thoroughly enjoying the season. I didn't realize that since a Yankme fan was sick of something I had to stop discussing it, even though the subject was brought up by another, different Yankme fan.

I'd be happy not to discuss it. Tell me Borgy, does this new, progressive, forward-thinking attitude of yours preclude you from making comments about NYs past 26 championships? I'm betting that you would all start twitching if you couldn't fall back on your safety blanket...
Glad you're enjoying the new season Citi, so am I and I look forward to a good close race. Makes the game more interesting come late August and September. Nothing worse than a runaway. As a Yankee fan I will always relish in our 26 championships. I 've been around for 6 of them in my lifetime and I hope for more. Winning never gets old. I just get sick of all the crap that the media and the fans come up with. It just gets played out and old. I agree that Arod is a whinny overpaid ahole-- I never liked him, and I never will-- but I wish the media and fans would let it lie and move on-- it hurts the whole team- That's all--
Oh by the way--- Boston still Sucks :P
1918 lives
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

borgy wrote:Glad you're enjoying the new season Citi, so am I and I look forward to a good close race. Makes the game more interesting come late August and September. Nothing worse than a runaway. As a Yankee fan I will always relish in our 26 championships. I 've been around for 6 of them in my lifetime and I hope for more. Winning never gets old. I just get sick of all the crap that the media and the fans come up with. It just gets played out and old. I agree that Arod is a whinny overpaid ahole-- I never liked him, and I never will-- but I wish the media and fans would let it lie and move on-- it hurts the whole team- That's all--
I enjoy the banter here with you...it's fun! Some of my best friends are Yankee fans and we have a blast busting each others ballz. They were sitting on my couch when Boone killed us two years ago and you can bet I had much fun last year. It's all in good fun. Some people forget that. Without the rivalry it would be loke rooting for the Orioles...just not the same!

Enjoy it...good luck...and GO SOX!
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Cityskier wrote:
borgy wrote:Glad you're enjoying the new season Citi, so am I and I look forward to a good close race. Makes the game more interesting come late August and September. Nothing worse than a runaway. As a Yankee fan I will always relish in our 26 championships. I 've been around for 6 of them in my lifetime and I hope for more. Winning never gets old. I just get sick of all the crap that the media and the fans come up with. It just gets played out and old. I agree that Arod is a whinny overpaid ahole-- I never liked him, and I never will-- but I wish the media and fans would let it lie and move on-- it hurts the whole team- That's all--
I enjoy the banter here with you...it's fun! Some of my best friends are Yankee fans and we have a blast busting each others ballz. They were sitting on my couch when Boone killed us two years ago and you can bet I had much fun last year. It's all in good fun. Some people forget that. Without the rivalry it would be loke rooting for the Orioles...just not the same!

At least you're not a Mets fan :lol:
1918 lives
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote: It's all in good fun. Some people forget that. Without the rivalry it would be loke rooting for the Orioles...just not the same!
One of my oldest friends and his wife moved to Baltimore more than 25 years ago after he got out of med school and they've been living there ever since. He grew up a Yankee and Mets fan but has become a bit of an O's fan somewhat over time and his kids are, of course, O's fans. He's also a Ravens fan and rooted for them against the Giants in the Superbowl several years ago. I was in his house watching it and I was never so ashamed of a friendship in my life. I now question his ethics and morals, as well as his intelligence. :lol:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Thats the first clutch play A-rod has made this season!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Atomic1 wrote:Thats the first clutch play A-rod has made this season!
There's no video, but I heard he thought the kid was Arroyo's glove and he just swatted at him. End result the kid was saved, but Arod was just trying to safely make it across the street. Must have been an instinctual reaction.
ImageImageImageImage
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

Atomic1 wrote:Thats the first clutch play A-rod has made this season!
yeah, that kid's lucky AROD didn't have to swing a bat to save his life.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

borgy wrote:
Cityskier wrote:

At least you're not a Mets fan :lol:
Watch it Borgy with those remarks. :evil: