Science Rant, Not politics: Can CO2 cause "Climate Change?"

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Re: Science Rant, Not politics: Can CO2 cause "Climate Chang

Post by Woodsrider »

Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote: I would probably prefer to hire you into a sales position rather then into a scientist position. You are clearly a good bull shitter and you never give up and like the best salesmen you actually believe your lies.
FYI the best salesmen understand the importance of credibility, reputation, future sales, and trust with their clients. They know the truth is far more important than a single sale, because the truth earns you a customer for life, and a referral network second to none.

Why are you hiring liars?
LOL. Great point. So maybe I won't hire SEB for a sales role.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Woodsrider wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
Woodsrider wrote: I would probably prefer to hire you into a sales position rather then into a scientist position. You are clearly a good bull shitter and you never give up and like the best salesmen you actually believe your lies.
FYI the best salesmen understand the importance of credibility, reputation, future sales, and trust with their clients. They know the truth is far more important than a single sale, because the truth earns you a customer for life, and a referral network second to none.

LOL. Great point. So maybe I won't hire SEB for a sales role.

LOL. Don't think I would work for ya anyway.

When I say i am certain about something, which is VERY rarely....it means I would bet my life against a nickel. All my posts admit uncertainty (that is the point of many of them!)

You should be more critical of the charlatans who declare certainty.

THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED ...is a lie.
Ski the edges!
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Mister Moose wrote:

Salespeople don't lie - we tell our version of the truth
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:I am actually a damn good scientists
No. You're not. Not even in the singular. You scour the internet looking for something/anything that will confirm your point of view, regardless of the quality of the source. You cherry pick your data. I'd hardly call that science. Oh, I suppose you conduct little experiments and pat yourself on the back, but that hardly makes you a "scientist", so quit deluding yourself and others. If you prescribe medicine ("here, take a couple of aspirin") that doesn't make you a doctor. In fact, if you tried to pass yourself off as a doctor, you might wind up in jail. You can call yourself a horse all day, but that doesn't make you a horse either. Just the hind end of one.
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:THE SCIENCE IS SETTLED ...is a lie.
No, it is you that is lying. Mostly to yourself, I suppose. Do you even understand what "settled" means? It doesn't mean or require that everything about a subject be known, settled means "resolved or reached and agreement about". When 97% of the scientists working in a field agree on something, that's consensus; that means they've reached an agreement on something. Just because you disagree doesn't suddenly negate that consensus. Is the planet warming? Yes. Are humans the primary cause? Yes. The 5th IPCC made both those points quite clear. Does it mean there can be other causes as well? Also yes, but the consensus is that their impact is less than anthropogenic causes.

The planet is warming. What is your scientific explanation? Is it C02 and other greenhouse gases? If not, what is the source of the excess heat? Or are you so delusional that you believe there's no warming going on, and it is actually a conspiracy of tens of thousands of corrupt scientists world wide that have been lying to the public for the last 30 years?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rogman wrote:
No. You're not. Not even in the singular. You scour the internet looking for something/anything that will confirm your point of view, regardless of the quality of the source. You cherry pick your data. I'd hardly call that science. Oh, I suppose you conduct little experiments and pat yourself on the back, but that hardly makes you a "scientist", so quit deluding yourself and others. If you prescribe medicine ("here, take a couple of aspirin") that doesn't make you a doctor. In fact, if you tried to pass yourself off as a doctor, you might wind up in jail. You can call yourself a horse all day, but that doesn't make you a horse either. Just the hind end of one. I dunno, the same people who insist on science here allow jenner to call himself a chick and justify it with science that hasn't even been discovered yet...hard to take you guys seriously w that kind of contradiction, inconsistency and blatant dismissal of reality...
No, it is you that is lying. Mostly to yourself, I suppose. Do you even understand what "settled" means? It doesn't mean or require that everything about a subject be known, settled means "resolved or reached and agreement about". When 97% of the scientists working in a field agree on something, that's consensus; that means they've reached an agreement on something. Just because you disagree doesn't suddenly negate that consensus. Is the planet warming? Yes. Are humans the primary cause? Yes. yeah ok if you say so...The 5th IPCC made both those points quite clear. Does it mean there can be other causes as well? Also yes, but the consensus is that their impact is less than anthropogenic causes. yeah the consensus is :roll: ...maybe we just need less people right?

The planet is warming. What is your scientific explanation? Is it C02 and other greenhouse gases? If not, what is the source of the excess heat? Or are you so delusional that you believe there's no warming going on, and it is actually a conspiracy of tens of thousands of corrupt scientists world wide that have been lying to the public for the last 30 years?
guess ya just gotta believe in "science" as a higher power...

that said, let's get back to the real reason for opposition to the AGW agenda....Govt overreach...

when you factor that in and compare it to the whole obamacare propaganda and subsequent failure, it sounds very much like the same kinda gruberesque propaganda that counted on the "stupidity of the american voter" to make it happen...w/o them it doesn't pass...if you want any AGW stuff to pass you need to offer free stuff with it...yeah that's the ticket...free stuff for everyone!!!

regardless of whatever science you want to use as evidence that jenner is now a woman, (I mean AGW is anthropogenic), and no matter what science you use to prove we need to hurry up and sign this bill to see what's in it, (I mean AGW is the greatest threat we currently face), unless it doesn't cost anyone a single dime, not one dime and in fact they will save 2500 dollars, you got nothing that anyone in any number great enough to pass legislation is interested in...

get working on that free stuff for everyone...obamathermometers? obamabarometers? doubt they go over like obamaphones...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:
rogman wrote:
No. You're not. Not even in the singular. You scour the internet looking for something/anything that will confirm your point of view, regardless of the quality of the source. You cherry pick your data. I'd hardly call that science. Oh, I suppose you conduct little experiments and pat yourself on the back, but that hardly makes you a "scientist", so quit deluding yourself and others. If you prescribe medicine ("here, take a couple of aspirin") that doesn't make you a doctor. In fact, if you tried to pass yourself off as a doctor, you might wind up in jail. You can call yourself a horse all day, but that doesn't make you a horse either. Just the hind end of one. I dunno, the same people who insist on science here allow jenner to call himself a chick and justify it with science that hasn't even been discovered yet...hard to take you guys seriously w that kind of contradiction, inconsistency and blatant dismissal of reality...
No, it is you that is lying. Mostly to yourself, I suppose. Do you even understand what "settled" means? It doesn't mean or require that everything about a subject be known, settled means "resolved or reached and agreement about". When 97% of the scientists working in a field agree on something, that's consensus; that means they've reached an agreement on something. Just because you disagree doesn't suddenly negate that consensus. Is the planet warming? Yes. Are humans the primary cause? Yes. yeah ok if you say so...The 5th IPCC made both those points quite clear. Does it mean there can be other causes as well? Also yes, but the consensus is that their impact is less than anthropogenic causes. yeah the consensus is :roll: ...maybe we just need less people right?

that said, let's get back to the real reason for opposition to the AGW agenda....Govt overreach...

when you factor that in and compare it to the whole obamacare propaganda and subsequent failure, it sounds very much like the same kinda gruberesque propaganda that counted on the "stupidity of the american voter" to make it happen...w/o them it doesn't pass...if you want any AGW stuff to pass you need to offer free stuff with it...yeah that's the ticket...free stuff for everyone!!!

regardless of whatever science you want to use as evidence that jenner is now a woman, (I mean AGW is anthropogenic), and no matter what science you use to prove we need to hurry up and sign this bill to see what's in it, (I mean AGW is the greatest threat we currently face), unless it doesn't cost anyone a single dime, not one dime and in fact they will save 2500 dollars, you got nothing that anyone in any number great enough to pass legislation is interested in...

get working on that free stuff for everyone...obamathermometers? obamabarometers? doubt they go over like obamaphones...
That pretty much explains the Trump following right there. Conspiracy and the stupidity of the American voter. This country is f***.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

madhatter wrote:
rogman wrote:

Let me see if I have this straight:
1. There's no global warming because Bruce Jenner something, something... I'm not quite sure what your point was.
2. We should disregard science because it isn't a "higher power". Again, I missed your point, what is it? Facts don't matter? We should go with your gut feelings?
3. Climate change is really about government overreach. Okay, that's recognizable: you think its a conspiracy! Yay! I got one! Who's the mastermind? You seem to think it's Obama but really, shouldn't you be blaming the UN? And obviously the other nations of the world that are also in on it? How many people do you estimate are actually in on this ruse? And I'm curious, since you seem to have it all figured out: have scientists been duped by the government, or is it the other way around? Or is everyone in on it? Liberals/Progressives, scientists, the government (well, actually all governments), main stream media, who else? Thank God we have the Koch's and their billions to set the record straight for the simple folk.
4. You mentioned something about Obamacare, because WTF, why not: if your going to run off the rails, why settle for half way? Let's have us a full on nuclear meltdown train wreck right here on Kzone. TBH, I'm shocked there wasn't a Hillary rant thrown in for good measure.
5. Then you jump back to Bruce Jenner again and throw in something about free stuff, because, again, why the f*ck not? We can't have climate change without free stuff.

I admit it: I have no f*cking clue what you just wrote, but to be fair, I've never seen any evidence that you do either. But it was a lovely rant.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
rogman wrote:

That pretty much explains the Trump following right there. Conspiracy and the stupidity of the American voter. This country is f***.
Yup

It's not Trump and his policies that I fear as much as it is his supporters.

Im no Clinton fan, but it's clear she misspoke. What she meant to say was "Basket case deplorables." Madhatter is a (not so) shining example of exactly what she was talking about. Deranged rants like this one (and several others daily) prove that out.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Alright ...all you folks that believe that catastrophic anthropogenic climate change is real and proven ...because...(and ONLY because ) you think that "well 97% of scientists can't be wrong" ...are simply dumb as stumps and I am REALLY BORED of trying to use facts and logic to dispel your delusions because well...you are actually dumb as stumps (and too lazy to change that simple fact) No one of you bedwetters EVER answer my simple clear questions...hell you never even read the whole posts (and admit that fact) because you are some particular combination of dumb/lazy AND ARROGANT.

Like the simple peasants of the dark ages who knew witches had ruined their crops because "97% of clerics agree that witches causes crop losses."

Same goes for all you Grubers who buy into the insane anti-Trump PROPAGANDA.

The people attacking Trump are THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE who lied us into invading IRAQ. The same news outlets , the same personalities...the same PNAC d!ckheads.

THINK ABOUT IT...why are these people so RABIDLY anti-Trump

... or just keep being easily manipulated fools. Useful idiots

. Look into counter-narratives about any of the NONSENSE they attack Trump & Putin over.

For instance look at BOTH versions about Russia and Crimea (there is a Russian narrative about what happened in Crimea)not just the insane version spread everyday on MSM. Don't be arrogant (we are right , the Russians are evil) and don't be lazy.

The Russian version of Crimea/ Ukraine is much more credible than the IMF version. But you guys are too lazy or too dumb to have figured that out yet.
Ski the edges!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:Alright ...all you folks that believe that catastrophic anthropogenic climate change is real and proven ...because...(and ONLY because ) you think that "well 97% of scientists can't be wrong" ...are simply dumb as stumps and I am REALLY BORED of trying to use facts and logic to dispel your delusions because well...you are actually dumb as stumps (and too lazy to change that simple fact) No one of you bedwetters EVER answer my simple clear questions...hell you never even read the whole posts (and admit that fact) because you are some particular combination of dumb/lazy AND ARROGANT.

Like the simple peasants of the dark ages who knew witches had ruined their crops because "97% of clerics agree that witches causes crop losses."

The people attacking Trump are THE EXACT SAME PEOPLE who lied us into invading IRAQ. The same news outlets , the same personalities...the same PNAC d!ckheads.

. Look into counter-narratives about any of the NONSENSE they attack Trump & Putin over.

For instance look at BOTH versions about Russia and Crimea (there is a Russian narrative about what happened in Crimea)not just the insane version spread everyday on MSM. Don't be arrogant (we are right , the Russians are evil) and don't be lazy.

The Russian version of Crimea/ Ukraine is much more credible than the IMF version. But you guys are too lazy or too dumb to have figured that out yet.
Hold on, what??? You lost me on this one.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:Alright ...all you folks that believe that catastrophic anthropogenic climate change is real and proven ...because...(and ONLY because ) you think that "well 97% of scientists can't be wrong" ...are simply dumb as stumps and I am REALLY BORED of trying to use facts and logic to dispel your delusions because well...you are actually dumb as stumps (and too lazy to change that simple fact) No one of you bedwetters EVER answer my simple clear questions...hell you never even read the whole posts (and admit that fact) because you are some particular combination of dumb/lazy AND ARROGANT.

Uh huh. Whatever, Dude. Got it: U.S. bad, Russia good. Thanks for clarifying that.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

rogman wrote:

Uh huh. Whatever, Dude. Got it: U.S. bad, Russia good. Thanks for clarifying that.
Hey buddy do yourself a favor and READ something outside the MSM. Really try to have an open mind and read how the Russians explain Crimea and Ukraine. If you honestly and objectively consider both side s of this issue you will realize you have been mislead IN EXACTLY the same way YOU were (probably) mislead by the Niger yellowcake forgeries. I was not. I was screaming "liar" when Colin Powell presented his case at the UN because it was already obvious that the "weapons of mass destruction case against Hussein was a complete fabrication by the PNAC crowd. Those LIES told by the VERY SAME LIARS attacking Trump today convinced all the sheeple we needed to invade Iraq. It was a DISASTER for OUR nation.

Yeah so you drool "Russia good, US bad" because that is how F@#@ing primitive your ideation is.

Take a year off and read something else besides the Washington Post and New York Times. I wish I had a nickle for every time their narratives have been shown to be ludicrous propaganda.
Ski the edges!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote: I wish I had a nickle for ...
Dream bigger
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Sorry about getting so political on those last posts,...I didn't start it and...for all involved this season seems to be particularly charged!
Ski the edges!
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
rogman wrote:

Hey buddy do yourself a favor and READ something outside the MSM. Really try to have an open mind and read how the Russians explain Crimea and Ukraine. If you honestly and objectively consider both side s of this issue you will realize you have been mislead IN EXACTLY the same way YOU were (probably) mislead by the Niger yellowcake forgeries. I was not. I was screaming "liar" when Colin Powell presented his case at the UN because it was already obvious that the "weapons of mass destruction case against Hussein was a complete fabrication by the PNAC crowd. Those LIES told by the VERY SAME LIARS attacking Trump today convinced all the sheeple we needed to invade Iraq. It was a DISASTER for OUR nation.

Yeah so you drool "Russia good, US bad" because that is how F@#@ing primitive your ideation is.

Take a year off and read something else besides the Washington Post and New York Times. I wish I had a nickle for every time their narratives have been shown to be ludicrous propaganda.
There is clearly a pattern of conspiracy theories and you supporting the bad guys here. Have you tried talking to actual Ukrainians about Russia? I have. They migrated to the US for good reasons. I think your tin foil hat may be leaking bro.