Pico Pass Holders getting the shaft on resort benefits?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

VermontGranola
Green Skidder

Pico Pass Holders getting the shaft on resort benefits?

Post by VermontGranola »

Three free days at all Powdr Resorts for 2014-15 pass holders at Killington, Boreal, Park City, Ski Las Vegas and Copper Mountain.
Looks like Pico season pass holders get zilch even though passes cost $369 compared to Boreal's $279 pass.
http://www.parkrecord.com/park_city-new ... -pcmr-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :violin
Ski! Don't Walk!
Andy J
Black Carver

Re: Pico Pass Holders getting the shaft on resort benefits?

Post by Andy J »

VermontGranola wrote:Three free days at all Powdr Resorts for 2014-15 pass holders at Killington, Boreal, Park City, Ski Las Vegas and Copper Mountain.
Looks like Pico season pass holders get zilch even though passes cost $369 compared to Boreal's $279 pass.
http://www.parkrecord.com/park_city-new ... -pcmr-pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :violin
Say "Bupkis!"
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

The extra passes would be nice but given the price point I can understand... Particularly where most people would most likely use them at Killington and nowhere else.

Boreal has an inexpensive pass too... But at 500' vert, I can see why.

As a Pico pass holder, I have no complaints. A slightly deeper discount on Killington day passes would likely get me to wander over there more often and spend a few more bucks, but other than that I'm completely happy.
Don't Killington Pico
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

boston_e wrote: A slightly deeper discount on Killington day passes would likely get me to wander over there more often and spend a few more bucks, but other than that I'm completely happy.
That is refreshing boston_e. :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

A $389 unlimited Copper pass gets the same deal with 3 free days at other Powdr resorts. My $480 (with tax) mideek K pass gets bupkis. :D

Not even a discount on weekend spring tickets at K. Anyone with a ticket/pass from any other ski area gets a discount, mid week K pass holders get squat.

At least a Pico pass gets spring discounts for K (50% off).

Midweek K pass holder get zero, zilch, naught, nada, bupkis, squat.

Can't even ski Okemo, not that I'd want to.

Don't cry to me about your less expensive Pico pass.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Simple solution to your woes, next season buy an unlimited pass and you'll get all the perks. Strange how those who spend the most complain the least.
FingerPicker
Beginner On Rentals

Post by FingerPicker »

According to a Killington reply on their facebook page, mid week K passes are being honored on the weekends since they're only open Fri-Sun.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

One of the reasons I'm OK with Fri-Sun. Not the fault of mid-weekers that K chooses not to run lifts. They did the same last year.
Andy J
Black Carver

Post by Andy J »

FingerPicker wrote:According to a Killington reply on their facebook page, mid week K passes are being honored on the weekends since they're only open Fri-Sun.
Yes.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38875" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JJR
Green Skidder

Post by JJR »

How can a pass at a 500' mountain be compared to a Pico pass? I am sure we could all find cheaper passes if we looked. I purchase a mid-week pass eventhough I am can buy the 65+ unlimited. It was my choice to not get the perks because the added expense for the unlimited is not worth it for me as I rarely ski weekends.
We can all find something to complain about, but overall I think K has been responsive to its regular customers and does a pretty good job. This past season certainly provided many good examples of that.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I want the new Spiderman toy that comes in a happy meal, but I don't want or need the whole meal. Why won't McDonalds give me the toy if I buy just the burger and a drink? It's an affront to us non fry folks. And I want to choose which toy, not get the same lame plastic spider when I really want that cool spider car.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

FingerPicker wrote:According to a Killington reply on their facebook page, mid week K passes are being honored on the weekends since they're only open Fri-Sun.
Can you post that reply here? There is no mention of it on their website or in their blogs. I don't do facebook.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

Midweek passes have always been honored when K goes to a weekend only schedule...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

johnny the jibber wrote:Midweek passes have always been honored when K goes to a weekend only schedule...
Well they certainly seem to be trying to keep it a secret. I've been a midweek passholder for years & never heard this. Like I said it's not mentioned on their website or in their blogs.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

Yeah, theyve always kept it quiet for whatever reason...Not quite sure why they wouldnt publicize it in an effort to bring in more business...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12