Red Sox 2014

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
freeski
Post Office

Red Sox 2014

Post by freeski »

It is still early, but when you're about to drop the 11th game in a row it's hard to keep the hope. They don't have a lot of power and they're slow. They miss Ellsbury's speed and having Saltalmacchia behind the plate would be nice. The pitchers who shinned at the end of last year are flat and the whole team is frustrated. Lets face it, after winning the WS last year they did not do much to improve the club. The Yanks went out and spent some money and it will pay off for them. Sorry for bitching when the chips are down. :?c
Never mind Ortiz just tied the game with a home run. Everything's okay now. not...
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Red Sox 2014

Post by Dr. NO »

I was wondering when someone would mention the Sox slide, be it a gloating EE lover or one of the faithful. Guess some of the faithful are fair weather posters.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dr. NO wrote:Guess some of the faithful are fair weather posters.
Guilty as charged. Should I not post anything? Wouldn't be too genuine to say: "Red Sox are looking good; nice job picking up some talent over the off season. Glad management was willing to spend some money. Nothing can stop us." It doesn't mean I don't like them, it's just right now they suck.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:I was wondering when someone would mention the Sox slide, be it a gloating EE lover or one of the faithful. Guess some of the faithful are fair weather posters.
They are having a off year. This will pass.

Not bad after winning 3 WS in the past 10 years.

Are they EE running away with the East?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:I was wondering when someone would mention the Sox slide, be it a gloating EE lover or one of the faithful. Guess some of the faithful are fair weather posters.

No, but you would have to look WAY back to find 10 losses in a row. Maybe the 70's?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

No, but you would have to look WAY back to find 10 losses in a row. Maybe the 70's?
1994 I think they said.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

We're still enjoying NHL Hockey and there is still snow on the trails. I'll wait till July before I stick a fork in em but in the meantime I'm trying to keep my big mouth shut !........ :bull
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

The Sox have won 3 in a row. Woo Hoo! This is our year! :banana:
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Geoff wrote:The Sox have won 3 in a row. Woo Hoo! This is our year! :banana:
Who really cares after last year and 3 in 10 years.

Mr. Negativity once again.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I've always been a fan of Ortiz not a fan of the new diamond necklace he is wearing in the game tonight. Never liked his oversized gold chain necklace but he looks toolish in the new one. It must weigh him down to some extent. That's one thing I admire about the Yanks, they make the players respect the game in dress and personal grooming. :?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

freeski wrote:I've always been a fan of Ortiz not a fan of the new diamond necklace he is wearing in the game tonight. Never liked his oversized gold chain necklace but he looks toolish in the new one. It must weigh him down to some extent. That's one thing I admire about the Yanks, they make the players respect the game in dress and personal grooming. :?
Yes, no bling or long hair/beards for the EE, just plenty of PEDs/HGH.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ee despite the half a billion spent are "limping" along. obviously tanaka has turned out great but thought some of the money wasn't necessarily spent in the best places. on the other hand with 3/5 of the the rotation on the dl, guess they're doing ok. a fringe playoff team.

loss of ells huge for sox but guys like nava & carp who made big contributions last season have done nothing. shane hasn't got started. not sure bringing back drew was the right move. pitching with buch & doubrant not as good hasn't been as strong. as a ee fan, until they're 20 games behind, never count these guys out ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Sox cut Pierzynski.

Fenway has so many ads plastered on the walls it looks like a minor league field. (This is the best thing I can think of to say about the Red Sox) :|

http://bostonherald.com/sports/red_sox_ ... an_vazquez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

I have the fork in hand ! This is shaping up to be a " bridge " year for the Red Sox as they have obviously cashed out by cutting Preizynski to save money and promote Vazquez along with some other kids.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:I have the fork in hand ! This is shaping up to be a " bridge " year for the Red Sox as they have obviously cashed out by cutting Preizynski to save money and promote Vazquez along with some other kids.

Maybe it's more than a "bridge" year.

2012 was a disaster, this year is worse.

2013 may just have been a fluke.

But I'll still take 3 WS wins in 10 years.