Another media driven false narrative?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: Another media driven false narrative?

Post by Atomic1 »

If Obama had a son ...... Number 2 . Holder and the rest of these people are nothing but "race baiters" who use these people for their own gain at every/ any cost !
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Michael Brown's stepfather at rally: 'Burn this bitch down!'
By Ray Sanchez, CNN
updated 2:41 PM EST, Tue November 25, 2014

(CNN) -- Michael Brown's stepfather consoled the dead teen's distraught mother after Monday's controversial grand jury announcement and then turned to the crowd of demonstrators, saying, "Burn this mother f---er down" and "Burn this bitch down," according to a New York Times video.

The comments by Brown's stepfather, Louis Head, came shortly before an eruption of rage by some protesters over the decision not to indict police Officer Darren Wilson in the August shooting death of 18-year-old Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

A row of businesses on West Florissant Avenue, a major thoroughfare in the St. Louis suburb, was engulfed in flames Monday night. Police cars and vehicles at a nearby dealership were turned into fireballs. There were so many blazes that firefighters couldn't reach every one.

McSpadden speaks to the crowd briefly, saying she has lived in the community her whole life and never experienced anything like this.

"I don't do nothing to nobody," she said, crying uncontrollably and placing her hands over her face. Head comforts her before his outburst.
Shouts of "F--- the police" can be heard from the crowd.

At a news conference Tuesday, an attorney for the Brown family, Benjamin Crump, said the video captured the couple's "desperation and frustration" over the grand jury decision not to indict Wilson.

Crump said videotaped remarks by Michael Brown's stepfather were inappropriate. But Crump said not to condemn him for being human.

"God forbid your child was killed ... and then they get that just devastating announcement in the manner it was announced, and somebody put a camera in your face," he said. "What would be your immediate reaction?"

The family "understands we all have a responsibility to protect the community," Crump said.

"Nobody is going to condone violence," he said.

Ahead of the announcement about the decision, the Brown family had urged people not to react with violence and destruction. Their attorney said the violence that took place on the streets of Ferguson overnight was "completely inappropriate."

Brown's parents were expected to speak at Tuesday's news conference but later decided not to do so.

Crump said Michael Brown Sr. "doesn't want to misspeak because of such emotions that are going through him that will later be used against him."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
By Ray Sanchez, CNN

(CNN) -- Michael Brown's stepfather consoled the dead teen's distraught mother after Monday's controversial grand jury announcement and then turned to the crowd of demonstrators, saying, "Burn this mother f---er down" and "Burn this bitch down," according to a New York Times video.

The comments by Brown's stepfather, Louis Head, came shortly before an eruption of rage by some protesters over the decision not to indict police Officer Darren Wilson in the August shooting death of 18-year-old Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

A row of businesses on West Florissant Avenue, a major thoroughfare in the St. Louis suburb, was engulfed in flames Monday night. Police cars and vehicles at a nearby dealership were turned into fireballs. There were so many blazes that firefighters couldn't reach every one.

McSpadden speaks to the crowd briefly, saying she has lived in the community her whole life and never experienced anything like this.

"I don't do nothing to nobody," she said, crying uncontrollably and placing her hands over her face. Head comforts her before his outburst.

At a news conference Tuesday, an attorney for the Brown family, Benjamin Crump, said the video captured the couple's "desperation and frustration" over the grand jury decision not to indict Wilson.

Crump said videotaped remarks by Michael Brown's stepfather were inappropriate. But Crump said not to condemn him for being human.

"God forbid your child was killed ... and then they get that just devastating announcement in the manner it was announced, and somebody put a camera in your face," he said. "What would be your immediate reaction?"

The family "understands we all have a responsibility to protect the community," Crump said.

Ahead of the announcement about the decision, the Brown family had urged people not to react with violence and destruction. Their attorney said the violence that took place on the streets of Ferguson overnight was "completely inappropriate."

Brown's parents were expected to speak at Tuesday's news conference but later decided not to do so.

Crump said Michael Brown Sr. "doesn't want to misspeak because of such emotions that are going through him that will later be used against him."
perhaps he should be charged w inciting a riot? one can understand his anger but he still needs to keep a lid on it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

This is an article mostly related to the killing of the kid in Cleveland playing with the toy gun but it's the comments at the end that are relevant here:
Law enforcement officials stress that kids or adults who have imitation firearms may not grasp how much danger the play guns can put them in when members of the public or authorities see them. “We’re not trained to shoot people in the leg,” Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association President Jeff Follmer told the Northeast Ohio Media Group. “If we pull that trigger, we feel our lives are in danger.”
http://time.com/3603087/tamir-rice-shoo ... tter-brief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cops should be held accountable for their actions but there has to be some tilt in their direction unless the facts show otherwise.

As for the case at issue in Ferguson, had the prosecutor wanted to get an indictment, I'm sure he could have. New York State chief judge Sol Wachtler was famously quoted by Tom Wolfe in The Bonfire of the Vanities that "a grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's what you wanted." Given all the conflicting evidence, however, I doubt a jury would've convicted the officer,so I'm not sure what an indictment would've done other than to mollify some people including the family.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:Cops should be held accountable for their actions but there has to be some tilt in their direction unless the facts show otherwise.
I agree. It's in societies' best interest for the police to be able act without having to fear being prosecuted as long as they are reasonable. They have to be able to defend themselves.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I've caught some of the CNN and Fox coverage today and what jumps out to me is how stupid some of the black leaders and politicians are. Many are still calling for a trial and saying the system is broken. The feds still have an investigation, but I can't see them pressing charges under the circumstances. Again, I can't believe the governor didn't bring in the National Guard to protect the citizens and businesses. The local police chief said they could have brought in the 82nd Airborne and they couldn't have stopped the looting. Sure they could have and the local/state/feds should have been able to stop it. They're lucky no one was killed.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Bubba wrote:This is an article mostly related to the killing of the kid in Cleveland playing with the toy gun but it's the comments at the end that are relevant here:
Law enforcement officials stress that kids or adults who have imitation firearms may not grasp how much danger the play guns can put them in when members of the public or authorities see them. “We’re not trained to shoot people in the leg,” Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association President Jeff Follmer told the Northeast Ohio Media Group. “If we pull that trigger, we feel our lives are in danger.”
http://time.com/3603087/tamir-rice-shoo ... tter-brief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cops should be held accountable for their actions but there has to be some tilt in their direction unless the facts show otherwise.

As for the case at issue in Ferguson, had the prosecutor wanted to get an indictment, I'm sure he could have. New York State chief judge Sol Wachtler was famously quoted by Tom Wolfe in The Bonfire of the Vanities that "a grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's what you wanted." Given all the conflicting evidence, however, I doubt a jury would've convicted the officer,so I'm not sure what an indictment would've done other than to mollify some people including the family.
I have often wondered, had Officer Wilson carried a taser, would he have used it? I was surprised to read it is optional for officers to carry a taser and Officer Wilson decided not to carry his. Seems the use of a taser would be most relevant when dealing with someone who is unarmed.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I have often wondered, had Officer Wilson carried a taser, would he have used it? I was surprised to read it is optional for officers to carry a taser and Officer Wilson decided not to carry his. Seems the use of a taser would be most relevant when dealing with someone who is unarmed.
A decent athlete can cover 40 yds in 6 seconds. If Brown was 20 yards away and charging would you trust your life to being able to stop a 300 lb 18 year old to a taser? Try and picture a man larger than most NFL linemen running at you. One punch and you could be knocked out. I don't think a taser would stop him. The officer did what he had to do.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:This is an article mostly related to the killing of the kid in Cleveland playing with the toy gun but it's the comments at the end that are relevant here:

and extend the violence as well as the put the officer and his family through a significant amount of unnecessary stress. It also would feed speculation that the officer acted criminally...

wearing that badge and uniform MUST provide a certain level of safety in and of itself to the those who wear it in order to maintain the rule of law...Not a huge cop fan by any stretch but if you assault a cop in any way you have crossed a line you may not be able to cross back over, and that's how it must be if we are to remain a "civilized" society bound by the rule of law...

in regards to the ham sandwich comment that maybe true in civilian cases but I'm pretty sure that rarely does a grand jury indict an officer acting in the line of duty...

Not sure how many people here a hunters but I used to do quite a bit of it...I once shot a 8pt buck at relatively close range w a 30-06 150 grain jacketed bullet specifically designed to KILL. That deer ran a good quarter mile before becoming entangled in a fallen tree. When I skinned it out the entire top of the heart itself was destroyed...yet it still ran 1/4mile... A 40SW round or similar fired from a duty officers handgun doesn't simply stop an attacker in his tracks...Cops are trained to continue firing until the threat is eliminated...they don;t shoot em in the leg like on TV...while it may seem like excessive force to the casual observer, witness testimony and the officers own account as well as the physical evidence all say that brown was aggressively charging wilson and that multiple shots were required to take him down and end the threat...Which explains why he was in the middle of the street not on the sidewalk at the corner where he supposedly surrendered...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
By Ray Sanchez, CNN

perhaps he should be charged w inciting a riot? one can understand his anger but he still needs to keep a lid on it...
I certainly believe that a comment to burn down the city or whatever the exact phrase was rises ABOVE the "Fire in a crowded movie theater" level.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

All the violence in Ferguson falls at the feet of Obama . Why you ask , because he has NOT come out and said anything like " our justice system works and we've done a complete examination and this officer was cleared of any wrong doing and as sad as it is Mr. Brown was killed It was because he did not follow orders , he attacked the police officer , was trying to take the police officers gun ,the officer feared for his life and so his action was justified ."
It's time for Obama to be a leader and instill faith in our American legal system instead of his usual anti-American rhetoric .
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

New York Times Publishes Darren Wilson’s Address Info

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism ... dress-info" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UPDATE: The New York Times has posted a correction to the story: "An earlier version of this post included a photograph that contained information that should not have been made public. The image has been removed."

However, the "information that should not have been made public," in the Times' view, is not the name of the street where Officer Wilson's home is located. The story still contains that information. The Times has merely removed the photo of Wilson's marriage license from the article.

reitbart News will not link the story or give out the specific information, but the New York Times had no qualms whatsoever about publishing almost all the information needed for Officer Darren Wilson's enemies to track him and his wife down at home:

Officer Wilson and [his wife] own a home together on XXXXXXX Lane in XXXXXXXXXX, Mo., a St. Louis suburb about a half-hour drive from Ferguson.

http://www.nytimes.com/news/ferguson/20 ... -shooting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

The 'lame stream media ' Marches to the beat of their "lying King " ruler whose plan is to take America and "divide and conquer" ! Thankfully most of America sees it for what it is as was evidenced by the mid term elections !
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Atomic1 wrote:All the violence in Ferguson falls at the feet of Obama .

Let's put this in perspective
Last edited by KBL Ed on Jun 10th, '15, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Yea that's it "the race card". Just like your media and leader wants you to believe and I'm the stupid one !
Do I need to post all the #s of police officers killed in the line of duty. ? The black on white crime or even black on black crime that goes un-reported ?

If Mr. Brown had his way Officer Wilson would be on this list http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... ne_of_duty" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the media would be silent. !