cheesesteaks..

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

SkiDork wrote:does Philly have an actual city? It seems to small for that.... just wondering...
Philadelphia "center city" is definitely small compared to manhattan, but it does have some ok places to go.
DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

Anyone who sends you to Pat's or Geno's is doing you a disservice. While they get all the publicity, there are far better cheesesteaks in town.

Do not, under any circumstances, eat a cheesesteak that is not on an Amoroso roll. You mind as well go to NYC, or anyother place in the world, and order a "Philly Steak."

Let me know where abouts you'll be and I'll send you a couple choices. Feel free to PM, but if you stick to the roll rule and avoid the wiz you'll be fine.
DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

pizzamoose wrote:here's where i'm staying:

SHERATON SOCIETY HILL
1 DOCK ST. (2ND & WALNUT STS.) PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106 US
Just saw this. Sorry. Lots to keep up with.

Try Jim's Steaks on the 400 block of South Street. That way you can get the full experience. Stop by later in the night, the longer the grills are going, the better the sandwich...and the more freaks on South St.
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

aviod the wiz, isnt that what a traditional philly cheese steak uses?!?!?
DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

mogulmouse wrote:aviod the wiz, isnt that what a traditional philly cheese steak uses?!?!?
Nope. No one I've ever known. Get the real stuff. They'll throw it on before the roll. Much better that way.
kmudrick
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kmudrick »

SkiDork wrote:does Philly have an actual city? It seems to small for that.... just wondering...
umm. have you ever been there? small compared to nyc, but its still pretty decent sized. watch the real world philly on mtv! they made it seem bigger than it actually is :)

sorry there's no dairy barns here for you LI'ers, just WAWAs :P
kmudrick
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kmudrick »

i've never had pat's or genos, despite living a few blocks away.. but i eat veg cheesesteaks at a place called gourmet to go at broad and south all the time, for anyone concerned about fat and calories and such..
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

kmudrick wrote:
umm. have you ever been there? small compared to nyc, but its still pretty decent sized. watch the real world philly on mtv! they made it seem bigger than it actually is :)

sorry there's no dairy barns here for you LI'ers, just WAWAs :P
yeah, I had to go there last July to get a passport for my son.

We saw the Liberty Bell.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
jhatski
Blue Chatterbox

Tony Lukes

Post by jhatski »

Skip the cheesesteak and get a pork sandwich from Tony Lukes. The pork sandwich is the new cheesesteak in Philly. Pats and Genos are weak I actually like Jims and Big Johns are okay. Cherry Hill cheesesteak is a little sterile though. I am partial to the White House in Atlantic City, something about those rolls and the characters that come in that place.
DoubleD
Black Carver

Re: Tony Lukes

Post by DoubleD »

jhatski wrote:Skip the cheesesteak and get a pork sandwich from Tony Lukes. The pork sandwich is the new cheesesteak in Philly. Pats and Genos are weak I actually like Jims and Big Johns are okay. Cherry Hill cheesesteak is a little sterile though. I am partial to the White House in Atlantic City, something about those rolls and the characters that come in that place.

Mmmmmmmmmmm Tonyyy Luuuuuuuukes.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: cheesesteaks..

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

pizzamoose wrote:ok you philadelphia people..
where do you go to get the best cheesesteak in the fair city of brotherly love?

i suspect that some of you have pretty strong opinions about the topic, and i want to hear them.

thanks..
I didn't read the whole thread...

I go to Pat's....or Tony Luke's
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Re: Tony Lukes

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

jhatski wrote:Skip the cheesesteak and get a pork sandwich from Tony Lukes. The pork sandwich is the new cheesesteak in Philly. Pats and Genos are weak I actually like Jims and Big Johns are okay. Cherry Hill cheesesteak is a little sterile though. I am partial to the White House in Atlantic City, something about those rolls and the characters that come in that place.
Wawa has pork sandies now...

Mrs. Hal
shortski
:dis
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mmm, Pork Products. Love it down south when I can get a good Shredded Pork BBQ sandwich. Even better than a Philly Cheese Steak !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Dr. NO wrote:Mmm, Pork Products. Love it down south when I can get a good Shredded Pork BBQ sandwich. Even better than a Philly Cheese Steak !
Dmn - you guys are killing me...
I gotta wait a half hour for the cafeteria to open...

I'm droolin over here....
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

DMC wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Mmm, Pork Products. Love it down south when I can get a good Shredded Pork BBQ sandwich. Even better than a Philly Cheese Steak !
Dmn - you guys are killing me...
I gotta wait a half hour for the cafeteria to open...

I'm droolin over here....
You got a cafeteria over there? You in Tech Park? BASF?