Family looking for a partial winter share

Post share and ski house listings, short/long term rentals and home/condo sales
PMaloney
Beginner On Rentals

Family looking for a partial winter share

Post by PMaloney »

Hi,

I have a family of five (myself, wife and three kids..ages 10, 10 & 9) and we love to ski Killington. My wife and I are both professionals living in the NYC Metro area and so getting up there every weekend is not practical. We are tired of hotel rentals or the high cost of individual weekend condo rentals. We are looking for either a 1/4 or 1/2 share on a winter seasonal rental with a home/condo owner or full seasonal rental. Obviously a college flophouse is not for us as a family. We would be interested in deferring some of the costs of a full winter seasonal renter or homewoner who does not use their place every weekend. We would be very flexible on dates and do not need any of the holiday dates.

Open to lock in dates now for 2014-15 season and pay for entire season up front. Place does not need to be right on the mountain, but would prefer something reasonably close.

Thanks,

Pat
spanky
Site Admin

Re: Family looking for a partial winter share

Post by spanky »

A full season rental has its benefits as well. You can pick/choose the weekends to go based on the weather. Last minute flexibility is what makes it most advantageous. We come up from the NYC area and have been renting for the season for over 10 years. We definitely don't do every weekend but when the weather is good, we are free to go.

It just so happens that the condo we rent is available this season due to my blown knee. Might I interest you?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39172" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
PMaloney
Beginner On Rentals

Post by PMaloney »

I saw your posting, but we are not ready to eat the costs of a fully seasonal rental. your arguments for a full seasonal rental, but we are willing to take the good with the bad on the weather and would prefer a 1/4 or 1/2 share.
Geok
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Geok »

I have a 2 bedroom condo available and I'm open to having the arrangement you outlined.
It's on the shuttle route and you can ski home to it. Do you still need a place?
Geok
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Geok »

Are you still interested in a 1/2 or 1/4 share? I have a 2 bedroom condo with shuttle service and ski home trail. I would be interested in discussing some sort of arrangement with you for usage.
skideb
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skideb »

We are a family of 4. I would be interested in sharing a house if you are still looking.
Geok
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Geok »

I am new to the forum so can't PM yet. You can email me at georgek811@optonline.net.
Geok
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Geok »

I haven't been on the forum long enough to pm. Can you provide your email or phone via pm to me?
Thanks