Jeter heading out HIS WAY!

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Jeter heading out HIS WAY!

Post by Dr. NO »

Sponsored by Gatorade, but noted Jeter suggested this. Great tribute, with Frank Sinatra singing along.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-l ... 39624.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Dr. NO on Sep 26th, '14, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Jetter heading out HIS WAY!

Post by junior »

Jetter ?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Who wrote that script for tonight?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:Who wrote that script for tonight?
maybe "jetter" did?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Unreal. Nobody could write that script. You can't write stuff like that. What a night and what an ending. If anyone deserved it, it was Jeter. I still have goosebumps from that ending. Unreal.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

junior wrote:
Unreal. Nobody could write that script. You can't write stuff like that. What a night and what an ending. If anyone deserved it, it was Jeter. I still have goosebumps from that ending. Unreal.
When Robertson blew the save I was like, NO, it cant be like this. Then I took a look at who would bat in the bottom of the ninth and I kind of knew Jeter would get it done.....

UNREAL
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

BoozeTan wrote:
junior wrote:
When Robertson blew the save I was like, NO, it cant be like this. Then I took a look at who would bat in the bottom of the ninth and I kind of knew Jeter would get it done.....

UNREAL
It's what I've been saying for years.... "Jeter Magic". Agree, couldn't write a better script. I mean, really....Who does that?!

Last night's game kind of reminded me of what I used to call "7th Inning Magic" or "9th Inning Magic" that occurred with the Yankees in many games (especially the playoffs) in the late 90's/early 00's. Most of the time Jeter was involved.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: Jeter heading out HIS WAY!

Post by Atomic1 »

Yea but you could thank Buck Showalter for pitching a guy with a 6.00 + era and throwing that fastball right in the sweet spot ! What, do you think the O's wanted to play extra innings in a meaningless game with the playoffs coming up ? :ani_smiles:
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Ya because they wouldn't want home field advantage in the playoffs......sometimes you astound me with your sh*t
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Thank-you Boozy ! Speaking of Astounding , do you still think my claim of Tanaka not being able to hang with the BIG DOGS of the AL as astounding ? I told you the ball is smaller and lighter , doesn't carry and they play Small Ball over there . We've seen it with IRobU , DiceK and now Tanaka
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Hopefully Jeter will bat every opportunity he has tomorrow. When you are up among the hitting record holders he should scrap for what he can get. They may pinch run for him if the occasion presents itself so he can wave goodbye. :seeya
Yea, Tanaka was off today. I think he'll pitch well next year if he's healthy. Maybe he can develop a gyroball over the winter. :-)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Fenway tribute was a little much but fun to watch nonetheless.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Nice way to end it with an RBI knock. Class act that Jeter. Maybe the last true one team legend we'll ever see in the game.

and Atomic1, please shut your pie hole. It's idiots making fools comments like you have in this thread that give all Red Sox fans a bad reputation.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:Thank-you Boozy ! Speaking of Astounding , do you still think my claim of Tanaka not being able to hang with the BIG DOGS of the AL as astounding ? I told you the ball is smaller and lighter , doesn't carry and they play Small Ball over there . We've seen it with IRobU , DiceK and now Tanaka
And how about all those Japanese pitchers who've had success in the US? I can think of a number of them; people like Hideo Nomo in the past or Yu Darvish today, not to mention a couple of pitchers currently playing for Boston.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Isn't Darvish on season ending IR due to an arm injury ? Oh so Hideo Nomo is the set standard or a couple of Red Sox relievers ! Oh how the mighty have Fallen !
But yes Jeter is a Legend the likes we will never see in our lifetime again .