Why Obama's strategy in Iraq/Syria is going to work.

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Why Obama's strategy in Iraq/Syria is going to work.

Post by Bubba »

The problem in Kobani is Turkey. If it were anyone but the Kurds fighting ISIS there, Turkey would likely take the troops it has massed on the Syrian border and push ISIS quickly out of the city. However, since Turkey also has issues with its own Kurdish population and view the Kurdish fighters in the same light as they view the Kurdish separatists within Turkey, they are reasonably content to allow ISIS and the Kurds fight it out with US help for the Kurds. I would think it possible that after ISIS is driven out of Kobani altogether, Turkey might start to lend some support against ISIS, even as they continue to push for Assad's ouster in Syria. As with anything in that part of the world, it's complicated. "They enemy of my enemy is my friend" best describes their world view.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:The problem in Kobani is Turkey. If it were anyone but the Kurds fighting ISIS there, Turkey would likely take the troops it has massed on the Syrian border and push ISIS quickly out of the city. However, since Turkey also has issues with its own Kurdish population and view the Kurdish fighters in the same light as they view the Kurdish separatists within Turkey, they are reasonably content to allow ISIS and the Kurds fight it out with US help for the Kurds. I would think it possible that after ISIS is driven out of Kobani altogether, Turkey might start to lend some support against ISIS, even as they continue to push for Assad's ouster in Syria. As with anything in that part of the world, it's complicated. "They enemy of my enemy is my friend" best describes their world view.
"

"They enemy of my enemy is my friend" best describes their world view........this sounds more like a Kzone rule , bad grammar included !
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Bubba wrote:The problem in Kobani is Turkey. If it were anyone but the Kurds fighting ISIS there, Turkey would likely take the troops it has massed on the Syrian border and push ISIS quickly out of the city. However, since Turkey also has issues with its own Kurdish population and view the Kurdish fighters in the same light as they view the Kurdish separatists within Turkey, they are reasonably content to allow ISIS and the Kurds fight it out with US help for the Kurds. I would think it possible that after ISIS is driven out of Kobani altogether, Turkey might start to lend some support against ISIS, even as they continue to push for Assad's ouster in Syria. As with anything in that part of the world, it's complicated. "They enemy of my enemy is my friend" best describes their world view.
The Kurdish separatist group in Turkey (PKK) is listed as a terrorist group by both the U.S. & NATO. So basiclly the U.S. is supplying a terrorist group in Syria (PYD). :bang
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Obama Humiliated Again After Weapons Airdropped For Syrian Rebels End Up In ISIS Hands

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-2 ... isis-hands" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While we strongly suspect few are truly surprised by this turn of events, it is still yet another embarrassing stamp in the "do nothing stupid" foreign policy passport for President Obama's administration. As The Daily Beast reports, an ISIS-associated YouTube account posted a new video online Tuesday entitled, "Weapons and munitions dropped by American planes and landed in the areas controlled by the Islamic State in Kobani."

While the authenticity of this latest video could not be independently confirmed, there is no doubt that the ISIS fighters in the clip are in possession of a rich bounty of American hand grenades, rounds for small rockets, and other supplies. The White House stated on CNN, "we feel very confident that, when we air drop support as we did into Kobani… we’ve been able to hit the target in terms of reaching the people we want to reach." Perhaps not all of them...

Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kriby confirms the latest embarrassment for the administration:

KIRBY SAYS WEAPONS IN VIDEO ARE OF TYPE THAT U.S. DROPPED
KIRBY SAYS KOBANI REMAINS A `MIXED, CONTESTED ENVIRONMENT'
Whoops! Did I do That?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Obama....... “ISIS You Didn’t Build That Islamic State All By Yourself. I Built That.”
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

steamboat1 wrote:
The Kurdish separatist group in Turkey (PKK) is listed as a terrorist group by both the U.S. & NATO. So basiclly the U.S. is supplying a terrorist group in Syria (PYD). :bang
No different than American military history over the last 30 years. Arm our enemy to fight a greater enemy, enemy defeaters greater enemy, enemy uses our weapons against us.

Now this story of a weapons drop intended for Kurdish fighters, but ending up in the hands of ISIS is quality. It underscores Obama's presidency of "oops".
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:
No different than American military history over the last 30 years. Arm our enemy to fight a greater enemy, enemy defeaters greater enemy, enemy uses our weapons against us.

Now this story of a weapons drop intended for Kurdish fighters, but ending up in the hands of ISIS is quality. It underscores Obama's presidency of "oops".
to be fair this kind of stuff DOES happen, unfortunately when the president already has serious credibility problems, bumbling failures tend to throw fuel on the fire...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ISIS Claims It Hit US Embassy In Baghdad's Green Zone

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-2 ... green-zone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"They know Baghdad. They've lived in Baghdad," said Lt.Col Oliver North, warning over the weekend that sources in Iraq believed ISIS was planning a "major attack" against the embassy in Baghdad. Yesterday we get some confirmation - via ISIS - that they did in fact reportedly strike the U.S. embassy in Baghdad. As Inquisitr reports, on Tuesday the Islamist militant group took credit for a mortar attack against the embassy in Baghdad. The group bragged about the attack on social media, claiming that there were likely casualties - “Four rockets strike Green Zone in #Baghdad; helicopters hovering over the Green Zone; ambulances heading that way after strikes!!” one ISIS militant noted on Twitter. As North concludes, "They are at the gates of Baghdad. They’re coming for us."

Clips posted by ISIS of the mortar attack...( see link above)

Shots Fired At Ottawa's Canadian War Memorial, Soldier Down; Parliament On Lockdown - Live Feed

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-10-2 ... t-lockdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two days after two Canadian soldiers were hit by a car driven by Martin Couture-Rouleau, a 25-year-old Canadian who, as The Globe and Mail reported, "converted to Islam recently and called himself Ahmad Rouleau," Bloomberg reports:

*SHOTS FIRED AT CANADA WAR MEMORIAL
*SOLDIER SEEN FALLING TO GROUND AT CANADA WAR MEMORIAL

As Glenn Greenwald remarked after the attacks on Monday, the right-wing Canadian government wasted no time in seizing on the incident to promote its fear-mongering agenda over terrorism, which includes pending legislation to vest its intelligence agency, CSIS, with more spying and secrecy powers in the name of fighting ISIS.

CANADIAN PARLIAMENT BUILDINGS IN LOCKDOWN AFTER REPORT OF ACTIVE SHOOTER

As Bloomberg reports,

Shots were fired at Canada’s war memorial close to Ottawa’s parliament buildings.

A soldier was on ground, apparently shot

Police are on the scene

Yep Hopey has these JV terrorist wannabes on their heels alright....way to ignore a problem until it escalates....maybe he can start dropping weapons to ISIS in canada?
mach es sehr schnell

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Coming soon to the war memorial in Washington DC. What better place to fulfill your threats than the biggest gun free zone in the country. Well that is unless you're one of the "chosen ones" that have full time armed security.... We'll not counting the Secret Service.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

shortski wrote:Coming soon to the war memorial in Washington DC. What better place to fulfill your threats than the biggest gun free zone in the country. Well that is unless you're one of the "chosen ones" that have full time armed security.... We'll not counting the Secret Service.
Coming soon >>>>> ISLAM , " The religion of Peace " .........and other famous Lies told by Barack
INSANE Obama !
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

shortski wrote:Coming soon to the war memorial in Washington DC. What better place to fulfill your threats than the biggest gun free zone in the country. Well that is unless you're one of the "chosen ones" that have full time armed security.... We'll not counting the Secret Service.
... wasn't the guard armed?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
If it is like our honor guards, Arlington National Cemetery etc., they are armed with show rifles and no ammunition. Not only that, but the BO admin required that rifles used by Honor Guard be made inoperable, no firing pin.

Might be a SS or Honor Guard sniper around though.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
If it is like our honor guards, Arlington National Cemetery etc., they are armed with show rifles and no ammunition. Not only that, but the BO admin required that rifles used by Honor Guard be made inoperable, no firing pin.

Are you sure Obama was the one who unarmed the honor guards? I'd think it had always been that way. Who would have thought they would need to defend themselves? :roll:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

freeski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Are you sure Obama was the one who unarmed the honor guards? I'd think it had always been that way. Who would have thought they would need to defend themselves? :roll:
YUP , another lesson this Obama Presidency has re-kindled........ " when guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns " .
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Atomic1 wrote:
freeski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

YUP , another lesson this Obama Presidency has re-kindled........ " when guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns " .
How many lives did this legally armed citizen save ?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn ... o/?hpid=z3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;