Killington Opening

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington Resort
The Beast

Killington Opening

Post by Killington Resort »

Snowmaking Plan
Love fall and all but wearing boots around the office is getting old... We are watching temperature trends and anxious to fire up the snowmaking system in the Northridge area to get the season going. There is a lot going on around the snowmaking "barn" with installation of our tower guns and assembly of portable snow guns. Excitement level is high with the addition of the 400 new snow guns to add to our system and production flexibility. Keep checking back as I will update any changes in weather and intent to "go for it"! My world wouldn't feel right if I don't get to ski in October!
JT
Director of Mountain Operations
tt431
Post Office

Re: Killington Opening

Post by tt431 »

Killington Resort wrote:Snowmaking Plan
Love fall and all but wearing boots around the office is getting old... We are watching temperature trends and anxious to fire up the snowmaking system in the Northridge area to get the season going. There is a lot going on around the snowmaking "barn" with installation of our tower guns and assembly of portable snow guns. Excitement level is high with the addition of the 400 new snow guns to add to our system and production flexibility. Keep checking back as I will update any changes in weather and intent to "go for it"! My world wouldn't feel right if I don't get to ski in October!
JT
:like :like :like :like :like :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/killin ... 7_1_poi_al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like starting on the 19th that nighttime lows will make snowmaking a possibility ,
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Thought they were going to say they were opening..........

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Thanks JT .... nice touch to get the stoke going :wink:
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

WPTZ reporting snow on Whiteface late this afternoon.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

The home page on Killington's website still says Summer and is stuck at 60 degrees. This needs to be adjusted to something like "Were almost ready to open", or something to that effect and the current temperature.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Big Bob wrote:The home page on Killington's website still says Summer and is stuck at 60 degrees. This needs to be adjusted to something like "Were almost ready to open", or something to that effect and the current temperature.
killington is still OPEN for summer activities thru monday october 13th...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Killington Resort wrote:... with the addition of the 400 new snow guns to add to our system and production flexibility.
Wait... are those 400 new as in "additional, on top of what we already have" or are some of them to replace older guns?

Either way... wow! :like
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

KBL Ed wrote:
Killington Resort wrote:... with the addition of the 400 new snow guns to add to our system and production flexibility.
Wait... are those 400 new as in "additional, on top of what we already have" or are some of them to replace older guns?

I believe to receive a rebate from the efficiency VT. program they had to turn in 4 older less efficient guns for every 5 new ones they purchased. That means they had to turn in 320 old guns to get reimbursed for the 400 new ones purchased.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Sugarloaf had a dusting last night.
VS5mEnd[1].jpg
VS5mEnd[1].jpg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

steamboat1 wrote:
KBL Ed wrote:

I believe to receive a rebate from the efficiency VT. program they had to turn in 4 older less efficient guns for every 5 new ones they purchased. That means they had to turn in 320 old guns to get reimbursed for the 400 new ones purchased.
They likely tossed some k2000's and k3000's at the end of their useful life, misc crap from their boneyard, and some broken or unused old style tower guns.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

Killington Resort wrote:Snowmaking PlanMy world wouldn't feel right if I don't get to ski in October!
JT
JT, was this a real quote? Here's your chance!
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

I'm betting on a Sunday opening with rime and reason, hiking both up and down the walkway. Friday temps are good but Saturday temps look excellent, dipong all the way down to the teens with low humidity
skibikeclimbguy
Black Carver

Post by skibikeclimbguy »

blakeslee_a wrote:I'm betting on a Sunday opening with rime and reason, hiking both up and down the walkway. Friday temps are good but Saturday temps look excellent, dipong all the way down to the teens with low humidity