Site Admin

2014 World Series Game 7

Post by Bubba »

Kansas City or San Francisco?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Re: 2014 World Series Game 7

Post by Stormchaser »

What?
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Amazing Ranger comeback win at MSG Monday night. 5 goals in the 3rd period to take it 5-4. Place was rockin. Go Blue!!!
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:Amazing Ranger comeback win at MSG Monday night. 5 goals in the 3rd period to take it 5-4. Place was rockin. Go Blue!!!
Wild paid us back for it last night... B's gave up 3 in the 3rd.
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:
junior wrote:Amazing Ranger comeback win at MSG Monday night. 5 goals in the 3rd period to take it 5-4. Place was rockin. Go Blue!!!
I saw that. SC was doing a comparison between the 2 games this morning. Hockey is as hockey does.

So what's wrong with the B's? Missing Boychuck? Chara aging?

I know what's wrong with the Rangers. Nobody has told Hank that the season started. Giving up way too many softies. Long season though. Def a marathon and not a sprint.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
I saw that. SC was doing a comparison between the 2 games this morning. Hockey is as hockey does.

I know what's wrong with the Rangers. Nobody has told Hank that the season started. Giving up way too many softies. Long season though. Def a marathon and not a sprint.
3 of top 6 defense gone. - Traded Boychuck. Chara out 6 (or more) weeks, torn knee. Miller dislocated shoulder.

On offense, B's didn't replace Iginla, and put a rookie on the first line. Lucic looks out of shape and slow. Third line is best line right now.

Not going to win much until something changes. Thought they made a turn in Toronto, but returned to the suck back in Boston. Been wondering lately why the B's draft finesse guys like Seguin and Kessel, but then trade them away after a couple years for being too finesse and not enough defense. Either change the coaching style or draft guys that fit.
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:
junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

3 of top 6 defense gone. - Traded Boychuck. Chara out 6 (or more) weeks, torn knee. Miller dislocated shoulder.

On offense, B's didn't replace Iginla, and put a rookie on the first line. Lucic looks out of shape and slow. Third line is best line right now.

Not going to win much until something changes. Thought they made a turn in Toronto, but returned to the suck back in Boston. Been wondering lately why the B's draft finesse guys like Seguin and Kessel, but then trade them away after a couple years for being too finesse and not enough defense. Either change the coaching style or draft guys that fit.
The Bruins were built to win it all last season. You knew the salary cap was gonna kill them going in to this season. The whole league knew it. Then the league lowered the cap because of the Canadian Dollar, that's what I think anyway, and poof, bye bye Iginla, Boychuck, etc.

If I remember correctly, you hated Kessel. Too much finesse, not enough toughness.

Seguin is another story. Shoulda never gotten rid of that kid. Too bad the Rangers didn't pick him up. That kid is gonna light up the league one of these seasons.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:

The Bruins were built to win it all last season. You knew the salary cap was gonna kill them going in to this season. The whole league knew it. Then the league lowered the cap because of the Canadian Dollar, that's what I think anyway, and poof, bye bye Iginla, Boychuck, etc.

If I remember correctly, you hated Kessel. Too much finesse, not enough toughness.

Seguin is another story. Shoulda never gotten rid of that kid. Too bad the Rangers didn't pick him up. That kid is gonna light up the league one of these seasons.
I like the Bruins style of play, and don't think it should change, but I also don't think there is synchronicity between scouting staff and coaching staff. Phil and Tyler didn't please the coaching staff, and at the high price they demanded, weren't deemed to be worth it. Last season the B's went for it. Cap has significantly changed things this season.
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

I think the new cap affected the Bruins more than anyone else in the league. With Iginla alone, that's 30+ goals...GONE. Add in the lack of a blue line, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The new cap really caught the league by surprise, and it affected the Bruins more than most. They were really built to win it all last season.

Also, they need to be smarter in the draft. Why draft finesse when you don't play finesse hockey? Makes no sense, and now the Bruins might be paying the price for a few years. Hopefully not, but I can see the B's missing the playoffs for a year or three. Oh well, you can always start rooting for The Broadway Blueshirts come April, May, and June.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

B's live by the plus-minus, and point scoring isn't the biggest factor. Check out how many B's in the top 30 for plus/minus last year.
plus-minus.jpg
plus-minus.jpg (285.43 KiB) Viewed 1238 times
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:B's live by the plus-minus, and point scoring isn't the biggest factor. Check out how many B's in the top 30 for plus/minus last year.
plus-minus.jpg
And not a Ranger in the bunch. How 'bout that?

Makes my head spin to think that Bobby Orr was a +124 that season. Amazing.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Kansas City :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:B's live by the plus-minus, and point scoring isn't the biggest factor. Check out how many B's in the top 30 for plus/minus last year.
plus-minus.jpg

A number that seems almost unattainable. Boston's first LINE was +103 combined. Top defensive PAIR was +47...
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:
junior wrote:
plus-minus.jpg

A number that seems almost unattainable. Boston's first LINE was +103 combined. Top defensive PAIR was +47...
I remember another player that got close to that +124 number. +119 I believe as a Hab. Who was that?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
junior wrote:
plus-minus.jpg

I remember another player that got close to that +124 number. +119 I believe as a Hab. Who was that?
Stinkin' Candiens. Guy sounds so much more masculine in English.
ImageImageImageImage