How many days have you skied/rode 2014/2015

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

How many days have you skied/rode 2014/2015

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I will not be skiing tomorrow due to logistic problems but I know many of you will ski tomorrow so I am starting this thread for this coming season.

My current count is 0
RENO
Whipping Post

Re: How many days have you skied/rode 2014/2015

Post by RENO »

:banana: :Toast :D :like
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

My 21 month old grandson saw his skis, and insisted on putting them on. He subsequently clomped around in them first indoors, then outdoors, happy as could be. That same day he also sat on a lift. He gets a 1.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OK, I'll get it going. First Day on opening day. Didn't get out until about noon and didn't stay long. Still was a beautiful day and manageable crowd while I was there. Seemed school must have gotten out early as the youngsters were heading down the stairs as I went up. Day ONE completed and Stress Test passed.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:OK, I'll get it going. First Day on opening day. Didn't get out until about noon and didn't stay long. Still was a beautiful day and manageable crowd while I was there. Seemed school must have gotten out early as the youngsters were heading down the stairs as I went up. Day ONE completed and Stress Test passed.
:like
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr. NO wrote:OK, I'll get it going. First Day on opening day. Didn't get out until about noon and didn't stay long. Still was a beautiful day and manageable crowd while I was there. Seemed school must have gotten out early as the youngsters were heading down the stairs as I went up. Day ONE completed and Stress Test passed.
Good job Doc! My march to 200 days will have to wait a little longer to start this season. Don't know if I'll make it. We'll see......

I did have an ice cream sandwich last night and was looking at the pics of opening day and picturing myself carving down Rime. Does that count as 1 day?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Wasn't there a suggestion or a rule that someone tried to put forth last year or so that you had to do at least 3 runs to count for a day?

Or is a single run sufficient ?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
rower
Black Carver

Post by rower »

1 day 14 runs 1 round trip on the stairs
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Wasn't there a suggestion or a rule that someone tried to put forth last year or so that you had to do at least 3 runs to count for a day?

I think that a single run will would only count if it a terrible conditions day.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

I think that a single run will would only count if it a terrible conditions day.
Conditions are in the eye of the beholder.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

SnoBrdr wrote:

I believe the ISO Ski Day Qualification Standard is 6 turns (mks units), so the good Doctor is officially in the books.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Coydog wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

I believe the ISO Ski Day Qualification Standard is 6 turns (mks units), so the good Doctor is officially in the books.
I believe I qualified by performing 4 runs and making multiple turn ( without crashing ) and then survived the climb back to the K1 to go home.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Tyrolean_skier:
Snow Princess:

Iceman:
Skidork:

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

How many degrees of directional change required to qualify as a turn? Are the degrees measured at the skis or shoulders? Is a pre-turn a turn?