Obama wants to CONTROL the Internet

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Obama wants to CONTROL the Internet

Post by madhatter »

McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:here's another "homophobic loser", probably a racist too...obviously stupid...doubt he ever had a meaningful job in his life either...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The stupid, homophobic loser has already apologized for what he said, will you?for asking you and others to support your allegations? definitely not... will you, braindead or anyone else address the points above? no, cuz they don't fit the narrative...

Ben Carson: "I do not pretend to know how every individual came to their sexual orientation.I said the same thing... I regret that my words to express that concept were hurtful and divisive.I didn't express any concept or make any allegations I asked a few questions...and for clarification on points made by others... For that I apologize unreservedly to all that were offendedmaybe you can have yer strawhatter write an apology..."
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/04/polit ... ay-choice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
McGillicutty
Blue Chatterbox

Post by McGillicutty »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:.Therefore if someone/something is born programmed to not reproduce that can only be construed as a genetic defect...
So, gays are the product of either

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it
OR??? if its neither of the above then what is option "C"?
Option C is that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often pops up in our complicated genetic mix. No one taught me to like one sex or the other “in that way” - it just happens. Could you suddenly choose to like the other sex “in that way” ? If you can it’s called being bisexual, and that’s not defective either. Why do you have to be so hateful?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
madhatter wrote:.Therefore if someone/something is born programmed to not reproduce that can only be construed as a genetic defect...

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it
Option C is that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often define often, cuz I'm going to go with statistically rare here....as in affecting a small percentage....far less than 10% pops up in our complicated genetic mix. genetically programmed to not reproduce? unless you can show where this is some sort genetic improvement, it's a genetic defect... No one taught me to like one sex or the other “in that way” - it just happens.so same w pedophiles and beastiality? are they "taught" or does it "just happen"? Could you suddenly choose to like the other sex “in that way” ? If you can it’s called being bisexual, and that’s not defective either. not a choice though? no one can choose that w/o being "genetically programmed" to do so?Why do you have to be so hateful?
there's no hate, why do you have to be so ignorant... you're simply skirting the question by attacking the questioner...

one brown eye and one blue eye pops up too, its still a genetic defect...

I'm trying to understand your position outside of "its fine w me" I get that, its fine w me too I'm neither for nor against... you are decidedly for....and seem to insist everyone else is too...

you cannot skirt this it is either

A: a choice

OR

B: a genetic defect

it's certainly not a genetic "advancement" and why do we not see it in every other species? What ONE thing differentiates humans from every other species more than anything? Is it not reasonable, and in fact practical, to ask if that same one thing might be what makes us one of, if not the only species in which homosexuality occurs?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it
Option C is that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often define often, cuz I'm going to go with statistically rare here....as in affecting a small percentage....far less than 10% pops up in our complicated genetic mix. genetically programmed to not reproduce? unless you can show where this is some sort genetic improvement, it's a genetic defect... No one taught me to like one sex or the other “in that way” - it just happens.so same w pedophiles and beastiality? are they "taught" or does it "just happen"? Could you suddenly choose to like the other sex “in that way” ? If you can it’s called being bisexual, and that’s not defective either. not a choice though? no one can choose that w/o being "genetically programmed" to do so?Why do you have to be so hateful?
there's no hate, why do you have to be so ignorant... you're simply skirting the question by attacking the questioner...

I'm trying to understand your position outside of "its fine w me" I get that, its fine w me too I'm neither for nor against... you are decidedly for....and seem to insist everyone else is too...

OR

it's certainly not a genetic "advancement" and why do we not see it in every other species? What ONE thing differentiates humans from every other species more than anything? Is it not reasonable, and in fact practical, to ask if that same one thing might be what makes us one of, if not the only species in which homosexuality occurs?
This is an argument without end. Most people are born one way or the other, straight or gay. That is not a choice for them. There are some, however, who "lean" one way or the other and for them there is a choice. Our society, moving toward greater acceptance, is allowing those who "lean" to test the waters, so to speak. One of my college roommates was just such a person, who married, had kids, but eventually chose the other path. There are lots of instances such as his, both male and female.

As for the use of the term "genetic defect", I think deadheadskier is objecting to the use of the term due to its negative connotation whereas madhatter is using it in a very narrowly defined way. In the sense that mh is using it, if animals are genetically programmed to reproduce, then anyone born gay must be genetically defective. If that is so, however, then any abnormality of genetics must also be defective, including the birth of identical twins.

As for homosexuality in other species, I believe we have seen that among other primates but I'd have to start searching for articles on the subject and I just don't have the time.

Carry on...
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Why is MH using the term "genetic defect" instead of "genetic difference"? If some percent of being gay is genetic, then why is that any different than being albino, six toed, or able to whistle or not?

I'm pretty sure the species will survive with or without gay rights, I mean we're at 7 billion now.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote: So, gays are the product of either

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it

OR

This is an argument without end. Most people are born one way or the other, straight or gay. That is not a choice for them. There are some, however, who "lean" one way or the other and for them there is a choice. Our society, moving toward greater acceptance, is allowing those who "lean" to test the waters, so to speak. One of my college roommates was just such a person, who married, had kids, but eventually chose the other path. There are lots of instances such as his, both male and female.

As for the use of the term "genetic defect", I think deadheadskier is objecting to the use of the term due to its negative connotation whereas madhatter is using it in a very narrowly defined way. In the sense that mh is using it, if animals are genetically programmed to reproduce, then anyone born gay must be genetically defective. If that is so, however, then any abnormality of genetics must also be defective, including the birth of identical twins. loosely, though being born an identical twin doesn't necessarily prevent reproduction or otherwise pose any hindrance to the species...thus it's not necessarily a "defect" but certainly an abnormality...

As for homosexuality in other species, I believe we have seen that among other primates but I'd have to start searching for articles on the subject and I just don't have the time.I gave an example of rabbits and a possible explanation of their behavior...

Carry on...
here's some insight on that as well:

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150206 ... al-animals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only two species have been observed showing a same-sex preference for life, even when partners of the opposite sex are available. One is, of course, humans. The other is domestic sheep.

In flocks of sheep, up to 8% of the males prefer other males even when fertile females are around. In 1994, neuroscientists found that these males had slightly different brains to the rest. A part of their brain called the hypothalamus, which is known to control the release of sex hormones, was smaller in the homosexual males than in the heterosexual males.

That is in line with a much-discussed study by the neuroscientist Simon LeVay. In 1991, he described a similar difference in brain structure between gay and straight men.

there's much more to this article than just that paragraph...
mach es sehr schnell

McGillicutty
Blue Chatterbox

Post by McGillicutty »

madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it

OR

I’m not trying to skirt the issue, Madhatter. I already gave you my option “C” – that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often pops up in our complicated genetic mix. However, I’m having trouble understanding your point. Maybe it’s the hateful words you use that are making it hard for me to understand you. When you use words like defect and ignorant, and compare being gay to being a pedophile or being into bestiality, it seems like you’re trying to win your points with shock rather than substance. When you put multiple replies within posts, highlighted in red, your points become very hard to follow. It’s even worse when multiple posts get nested. For example, I think I see 2 different shades of red in your last reply! Was that intentional? I don’t know. You lost me.

I want to understand your stance on this. It seems like you are trying to say that the main goal of a human, after survival, should be reproduction. Further, you seem to say that any genetic difference in a human that makes one less likely to reproduce should be considered a genetic defect. Finally, since being gay makes one less likely to reproduce that makes being gay a genetic defect. Is this your position?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote: So, gays are the product of either

A. Choice

or

B. Genetic Defect

got it

OR

I’m not trying to skirt the issue, Madhatter. I already gave you my option “C” – However, I’m having trouble understanding your point. Maybe it’s the hateful words you use that are making it hard for me to understand you. When you use words like defect* and ignorant, and compare being gay to being a pedophile or being into bestiality,answer the question are pedophilia and bestiality preferences that people are born with or that the learned? it seems like you’re trying to win your points with shock rather than substance. When you put multiple replies within posts, highlighted in red, your points become very hard to follow. It’s even worse when multiple posts get nested. For example, I think I see 2 different shades of red in your last reply! Was that intentional? I don’t know. You lost me.

I want to understand your stance on this. It seems like you are trying to say that the main goal of a human, after survival, should be reproduction. Further, you seem to say that any genetic difference in a human that makes one less likely to reproduce should be considered a genetic defect. Finally, since being gay makes one less likely to reproduce that makes being gay a genetic defect. Is this your position?
*defect--a shortcoming, imperfection, or lack.

I haven't stated a position I'm asking a question that you are still skirting...

SPECIFICALLY

that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often pops up in our complicated genetic mix. except this is not factually true, it's neither normal nor does it occur often... It's actually statistically quite rare in fact...

compare being gay to being a pedophile or being into bestiality,answer the question are pedophilia and bestiality preferences that people are born with or that they learned?
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Well...since this thread has apparently morphed into a discussion homosexuality, here's a little nugget on the upcoming SCOTUS cases on gay marriage. It seems a number of Republicans, including (billionaire ultra liberal?) David Koch have signed an amicus brief supporting the rights of gay couples to marry.

http://time.com/3734626/gay-marriage-su ... tter-brief" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the percentage of gays in the population, it appears the percentage identifying as gay is far less than the estimate I mentioned in an earlier post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volo ... -bisexual/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/r ... ansgender/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote: As for the percentage of gays in the population, it appears the percentage identifying as gay is far less than the estimate I mentioned in an earlier post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volo ... -bisexual/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/r ... ansgender/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So in some brief reading, I find the size of the LGBT community is about the same size or maybe smaller than the number of skiers in the US. Clearly we are not using the full advantage of our minority status.

1) We should push for an automatic powder day off for storms over 6". Christians and Jews get their holidays off, why can't we? And we all know a powder day is a religious experience to a skier.
2) Discounts and subsidies should be applied to AWD vehicles for anyone with a lift ticket.
3) By law, no company can prohibit the wearing of ski clothes on a Friday.
4) Price gouging by gas stations in ski towns would now be illegal.
5) Selective enforcement of speeding and other violations for DWS (Driving with ski rack) or DWOSP (Driving with out of state plates) would have severe penalties for constables and sheriffs.
6) Lodge Moms must yield to skiers.
7) Bring back the free wings!!!
McGillicutty
Blue Chatterbox

Post by McGillicutty »

madhatter wrote:I haven't stated a position
Please don't delude yourself into thinking that we don't already know your position on this. Let me know when you want to own up to it. Until then, this is pointless.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

McGillicutty wrote:
Please don't delude yourself into thinking that we don't already know your position on this. Let me know when you want to own up to it. Until then, this is pointless.
you haven't answered ANY of the questions I've asked...so yes pointless applies for sure...I simply don't care what you do...but as far ask extending benefits to more people no, I'm not for that.. as I've previously stated...
mach es sehr schnell

Dr Z
Powderhound

Post by Dr Z »

Mister Moose wrote:
Bubba wrote: As for the percentage of gays in the population, it appears the percentage identifying as gay is far less than the estimate I mentioned in an earlier post.

So in some brief reading, I find the size of the LGBT community is about the same size or maybe smaller than the number of skiers in the US. Clearly we are not using the full advantage of our minority status.

1) We should push for an automatic powder day off for storms over 6". Christians and Jews get their holidays off, why can't we? And we all know a powder day is a religious experience to a skier.
2) Discounts and subsidies should be applied to AWD vehicles for anyone with a lift ticket.
3) By law, no company can prohibit the wearing of ski clothes on a Friday.
4) Price gouging by gas stations in ski towns would now be illegal.
5) Selective enforcement of speeding and other violations for DWS (Driving with ski rack) or DWOSP (Driving with out of state plates) would have severe penalties for constables and sheriffs.
6) Lodge Moms must yield to skiers.
7) Bring back the free wings!!!
:like :like

I am - entertainment for the lift line!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote:
McGillicutty wrote:
madhatter wrote: OR??? if its neither of the above then what is option "C"?

OR

I’m not trying to skirt the issue, Madhatter. I already gave you my option “C” – However, I’m having trouble understanding your point. Maybe it’s the hateful words you use that are making it hard for me to understand you. When you use words like defect* and ignorant, and compare being gay to being a pedophile or being into bestiality,answer the question are pedophilia and bestiality preferences that people are born with or that the learned? it seems like you’re trying to win your points with shock rather than substance. When you put multiple replies within posts, highlighted in red, your points become very hard to follow. It’s even worse when multiple posts get nested. For example, I think I see 2 different shades of red in your last reply! Was that intentional? I don’t know. You lost me.

*defect--a shortcoming, imperfection, or lack.

I haven't stated a position I'm asking a question that you are still skirting...

SPECIFICALLY

that being gay is a perfectly normal occurrence that often pops up in our complicated genetic mix. except this is not factually true, it's neither normal nor does it occur often... It's actually statistically quite rare in fact...

compare being gay to being a pedophile or being into bestiality,answer the question are pedophilia and bestiality preferences that people are born with or that they learned?
SO? McGillicutty ya gonna answer that or have you still not come up with something that supports your position?
mach es sehr schnell

McGillicutty
Blue Chatterbox

Post by McGillicutty »

McGillicutty wrote:
I really have nothing to add to this, Madhatter. You can pretend your questions are serious and not anti-gay hate baiting, but we all know how you really feel. Stop pretending.