Friday Report:)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Friday Report:)

Post by MrsG »

You should all be on your way . . . so, all I can say is it was incredibly awesome today . . . and we have a great weekend ahead of us:)
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: Friday Report:)

Post by Atomic1 »

MrsG wrote:You should all be on your way . . . so, all I can say is it was incredibly awesome today . . . and we have a great weekend ahead of us:)
Were on are way Mrs.G>>See you tomorrow at the 10!
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

You should be on your way here, Mrs. G. The magnolias are blooming on Marlborough Street! 8)
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

MrsG

This will seem like a funny question, but can I get away skiing with a spring jacket, and jeans, are gloves needed still??

RR
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 19th, '05, 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

snowsprite wrote:I was kind of curious how the temps felt too. I would love to ski w/ long sleeved tshirt or hoodie.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sat. We'll be up for 1/2 day of turns (arrive around noon), so will miss the 10:00. I'm bringing something for the grill too.
8)
Sprite
I figured You would be the one skiing in shorts in the afternoon :shock:
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 19th, '05, 13:39, edited 2 times in total.
I like wine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Friday Report:)

Post by Bubba »

MrsG wrote:You should all be on your way . . . so, all I can say is it was incredibly awesome today . . . and we have a great weekend ahead of us:)
And there was a "bubba sighting" as well. Skiing today was, to quote MrsG, awesome. Only wish I'd had more time to enjoy it. Stuck to Snowdon and runs off the K-1. Highline is getting thinned out upper but quite nice throughout the bottom section. Conclusion is still doable, although I didn't do it. Everything else is still holding up well. East Fall was bumped up but soft but I only did one run since you have to take the run out all the way back to the gondi. Temp at the peak at 11:30 was still only around 30 so upper mountain stayed really nice - soft without being mushy.

New Crossfires handled very nicely - Bubba's happy with his choice of new toys.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

KBL Ed wrote:You should be on your way here, Mrs. G. The magnolias are blooming on Marlborough Street! 8)
Wow, do I remember when the magnolias bloomed - in stages :wink: . . . I lived on the shady side of the street of Commonwealth Avenue . . . they bloomed later - that is a very nice time of the year . . . and The Public Garden coming into bloom . . . you know, I do miss Spring in Boston . . . but snow on the slopes has sufficiently replaced that need :D :wink:
SkiPutt
Slalom Racer

Post by SkiPutt »

Don't forget the sunscreen!! :) Have a great time everyone :)
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

MrsG wrote:
KBL Ed wrote:You should be on your way here, Mrs. G. The magnolias are blooming on Marlborough Street! 8)
Wow, do I remember when the magnolias bloomed - in stages :wink: . . . I lived on the shady side of the street of Commonwealth Avenue . . . they bloomed later - that is a very nice time of the year . . . and The Public Garden coming into bloom . . . you know, I do miss Spring in Boston . . . but snow on the slopes has sufficiently replaced that need :D :wink:
You are right about the stages! Anyway, next weekend should actually be better, tree-wise.
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

I appreciate the reports but they are killing me. Finally giving up and seeing the doctor. Sprained my knee BMMC weekend and it just is not getting any better.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

wanderer7453 wrote:I appreciate the reports but they are killing me. Finally giving up and seeing the doctor. Sprained my knee BMMC weekend and it just is not getting any better.
Glad to hear you are getting it checked out. Let us know what the doc says.