Mini-Saturday Report:)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Mini-Saturday Report:)

Post by MrsG »

For those of you who were on the fence and decided to stay home - you missed a premier day!!! Six, count that, six chairs open!! Started with K1, Superstar, Snowden triple, Canyon (yes, Canyon), Needles and Snowshed. Snowden triple broke down, so they opened the Glades chair - what a day!!!! Another great Bay 1 as well - wow, what a day . . . and we still have the evening to spend with great people :wink:

Tomorrow promises to be exactly the same - get on up here 8)
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

i hope they groomed dipper, east fall and cascade for you all today
dipper and cascade were still set up late fri.
did not do lower east fall
highline was fun
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Meh, last weekend was better.
kmudrick
Blue Chatterbox

Post by kmudrick »

all y'allz who love the bumps, like every other trail is moguled up...
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

Oooh!! Sounds great!!

Did you go down Cascade?? :wink:
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

KBL Ed wrote:Meh, last weekend was better.
I actually thought the snow conditions were better this weekend. More creamed corn than mashed potatoes and some places were like cream cheese. Flat sections in the sun were a bit sticky though.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Everything was great, OL was the best though..
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

It's all good.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
KBL Ed

Post by KBL Ed »

robrules wrote:
KBL Ed wrote:Meh, last weekend was better.
I actually thought the snow conditions were better this weekend.
But, I was there last weekend, but not this weekend. Ergo, last weekend was better. :)

robrules wrote:More creamed corn than mashed potatoes and some places were like cream cheese. Flat sections in the sun were a bit sticky though.
Now this sounds like a chowhound post!
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

I was salivating at the base, looking at all of those beautiful bump runs everywhere. Both days had excellent weather, Bay1 was hoppin', and the parties were everywhere. Spent Sunday rehydrating, but it was all worth it. Thanks to Shatski for taking the cooking duties on Sunday, I wasn't in the best shape to be around a cooking device like Saturday.

Thanks all for the well wishes on the knee, I have a feeling that surgery will be sooooon! Just bought my season pass for next year at the season pass office in Bloodshed, so there is definitely incentive to get better quickly!

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mtn Man wrote:I was salivating at the base, looking at all of those beautiful bump runs everywhere. Both days had excellent weather, Bay1 was hoppin', and the parties were everywhere. Spent Sunday rehydrating, but it was all worth it. Thanks to Shatski for taking the cooking duties on Sunday, I wasn't in the best shape to be around a cooking device like Saturday.

Thanks all for the well wishes on the knee, I have a feeling that surgery will be sooooon! Just bought my season pass for next year at the season pass office in Bloodshed, so there is definitely incentive to get better quickly!

B)
Like I told you yeserday, B), Bumps really sucked. Never softened up (too much) and the corn made it difficult to turn (who turns?). Worst runs for bumps that I found were the middle of Downdraft and Middle of Ovation. Yep, really bad bumps and lines. You had to go airborn to manage the line and fine, er I mean lousy conditions.

HEY, Thanks Capboy for showin me the way and gettin my head on to go FAST and STRAIGHT !

Oh Yeah, B), sign on for the knee NOW. You need 6 months before they release you to ski again.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Dr. NO wrote:
Mtn Man wrote:I was salivating at the base, looking at all of those beautiful bump runs everywhere. Both days had excellent weather, Bay1 was hoppin', and the parties were everywhere. Spent Sunday rehydrating, but it was all worth it. Thanks to Shatski for taking the cooking duties on Sunday, I wasn't in the best shape to be around a cooking device like Saturday.

B)
Like I told you yeserday, B), Bumps really sucked. Never softened up (too much) and the corn made it difficult to turn (who turns?). Worst runs for bumps that I found were the middle of Downdraft and Middle of Ovation. Yep, really bad bumps and lines. You had to go airborn to manage the line and fine, er I mean lousy conditions.

HEY, Thanks Capboy for showin me the way and gettin my head on to go FAST and STRAIGHT !

Oh Yeah, B), sign on for the knee NOW. You need 6 months before they release you to ski again.
yeah doc middle downdraft & ovation were terrible. lord knows what ski patrol was thinking when they dropped the ropes on those. other terrible runs included escapade & old upper needles. vertigo was in awful shape also and dreamaker had a very long slog back. and whose big idea was it to provide shuttle service to bear. on my last run over there late sunday, who do i run into but a bunch of other zoners who told me they couldn't even get enuf suckers, er i mean skiers to go, so leo's suv actually had empty seats. must have been really terrible ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skiadikt wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:

B)

yeah doc middle downdraft & ovation were terrible. lord knows what ski patrol was thinking when they dropped the ropes on those. other terrible runs included escapade & old upper needles. vertigo was in awful shape also and dreamaker had a very long slog back. and whose big idea was it to provide shuttle service to bear. on my last run over there late sunday, who do i run into but a bunch of other zoners who told me they couldn't even get enuf suckers, er i mean skiers to go, so leo's suv actually had empty seats. must have been really terrible ...
At first we had too many skiers that wanted to go - Leo could only fit 5 of us. So people looked at one another and everyone except Spanky decided that they would pass on it. SBF did try to convince Tricks to go for it so he would not have to drive him back to Sunrise by a certain hour but Tricks wanted to get more than one run in so he decided to stay behind and SBF had to stay behind because he then had to drive him back to Sunrise by a certain hour. If Tricks had gone he would have either had to walk back to Sunrise or hope that Leo would give him a ride there. Capboy and Pedro and Pedro g/f and Capboy's friend F decided they wanted to hit the moguls on Escapade and Downdraft instead so they declined as well. That left me and I decided to then join Spanky since he said that this could be his last run for this season. Was surprised to find you there and was glad to hear you were getting a ride with M. Enjoyed skiing OL with all of you. Glad we had the brains to make sure we had someone to drive us back unlike those snowboarders that kept trying to call someone to pick them up with no luck because of the lousy reception at Bear base. I asked them why they came over to Bear if they had no ride back. They said they did not know they would not be able to use their cell phones to call someone to come and get them.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:

B)

At first we had too many skiers that wanted to go - Leo could only fit 5 of us. So people looked at one another and everyone except Spanky decided that they would pass on it. SBF did try to convince Tricks to go for it so he would not have to drive him back to Sunrise by a certain hour but Tricks wanted to get more than one run in so he decided to stay behind and SBF had to stay behind because he then had to drive him back to Sunrise by a certain hour. If Tricks had gone he would have either had to walk back to Sunrise or hope that Leo would give him a ride there. Capboy and Pedro and Pedro g/f and Capboy's friend F decided they wanted to hit the moguls on Escapade and Downdraft instead so they declined as well. That left me and I decided to then join Spanky since he said that this could be his last run for this season. Was surprised to find you there and was glad to hear you were getting a ride with M. Enjoyed skiing OL with all of you. Glad we had the brains to make sure we had someone to drive us back unlike those snowboarders that kept trying to call someone to pick them up with no luck because of the lousy reception at Bear base. I asked them why they came over to Bear if they had no ride back. They said they did not know they would not be able to use their cell phones to call someone to come and get them.
NOBODY ASKED ME ! But Leo did say he would reciprocate for Saturday's several trips. Thanks Leo. By the time the bus left, I doubt I could have managed OL. :)
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Dr. NO wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
skiadikt wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:

B)

NOBODY ASKED ME ! But Leo did say he would reciprocate for Saturday's several trips. Thanks Leo. By the time the bus left, I doubt I could have managed OL. :)
Doc we did that run late in the afternoon. By that time you had to be at some appointment back at your VT home I believe.