Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

nancie2k
Slalom Racer

out :(

Post by nancie2k »

i have joined the ranks of the injured.
hairline fracture of the left radius :(
splint from elbow to hand thank you rutland hospital.
6 weeks in cast :shock:
i told hubby there must be a reason cascade was not busy. looked good,
looks are deceiving. made it all the way down, it should have been soft, but NOT. it was after 1:30 fri.!!!
past the flat at the bottom, got tucked for the run down for the hill back up and out from the canyon chair, and, whaop! BIG TUMBLE. first thought, my left hand HURTS. second, good thing i had my helmet on. it all happened so fast, i was sliding downhill head first.
the person who stopped to help said i hit some white hose that was lying around where i started to fall.
my whole body hurts
be careful out there!!!
vicodin helps :evil:
i was going to be back up from sun til thurs.
best laid plans :? :(
it is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it :)
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Wow, sorry to hear about the injury Nancie2k!!! :(
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

SnS, get Dr. Zoidberg on the case!
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

ooooh!! Ouch!! Get better soon!!
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

bummer, too bad you're a hard core skier and had to be out this weekend :lol: Hope it fixes up 100%
SkiPutt
Slalom Racer

Post by SkiPutt »

That stinks! Only bright side is it happened at the end of the season rather than the beginning. :(
Outta Bounds Rider

Post by Outta Bounds Rider »

I had the exact same injury happen to me earlier this year, except mine happened right when the season started getting good. I had the same reaction...i thought i had broken my wrist until an hour later i couldn't move my whole arm. They said six to eight weeks for me...i was back on the hill 22 days later.
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

thanks,all
i really whacked the back of my head when i fell-i am REALLY glad i had that helmet on.
i had thoughts of not wearing one when it got warmer...... :shock:
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Sorry about your injury, hope you have a quick easy recovery.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: out :(

Post by Atomic1 »

the person who stopped to help said i hit some white hose that was lying
Get well soon Nancie2K!
Sorry you hit that white hose but we can't blame AndyZ for that one because I heard Bumtress tell him"His Hose didn't satisfy her" <After she took some water from the camelback of coarse :lol:
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Atomic1 wrote:the person who stopped to help said i hit some white hose that was lying
Get well soon Nancie2K!
Sorry you hit that white hose but we can't blame AndyZ for that one because I heard Bumtress tell him"His Hose didn't satisfy her" <After she took some water from the camelback of coarse :lol:
The poor women is hurt and you got a put a Bummy reference in here. Atomic, I'm disappointed in you. Let's take it to another thread :lol:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Sorry to hear that Nancy. Looks like you have to join the Gimps at Bay1 and party your sorrows away with us. Get well!

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
nancie2k
Slalom Racer

Post by nancie2k »

andyzee wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:the person who stopped to help said i hit some white hose that was lying
Get well soon Nancie2K!
The poor women is hurt and you got a put a Bummy reference in here. Atomic, I'm disappointed in you. Let's take it to another thread :lol:

thanks for the laugh!
i needed that.
to top it all off, i am home alone til thurs
should have been skiing :(
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Atomic1 wrote:
The poor women is hurt and you got a put a Bummy reference in here. Atomic, I'm disappointed in you. Let's take it to another thread :lol:[/quote]

Ok, in that case I need to defend myself. Bummy pulled my hosed sucked it and kept on saying she wants more. To me that meant that she enjoyed it so much she didn't want to stop. Atomic1 interpted it differently, she never said it didn't satisfy her!

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

nancie2k wrote:
andyzee wrote:
Get well soon Nancie2K!

thanks for the laugh!
i needed that.
to top it all off, i am home alone til thurs
should have been skiing :(
Nancie so sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully you will recover fast.
If you are home alone in VT and you can drive, go up to Bay1 around noon or 1 PM and you should find some fellow K-zoners BBQing and drinking. Join them and have some fun. Don't stay home alone when there are people around. I know this advice comes late today but if you go up there now I bet there will still be people hanging around - there was a large contingent of the K-zone group staying up there another day to ski. Go on up and join them.