Intervention time for Stormchaser.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Intervention time for Stormchaser.

Post by Mister Moose »

It was lunch time on Sunday, and I was just heading for KBL, climbing up the stairs to the Deck. A voice came from the shadows.

Pssst. Hey. Got any batteries?

What?

Batteries. You know, the good stuff. Not them penlights, they're for weenies, I want the double A's. The full shot, the Mojo. You got any double A's?

It was hard to see him, slumped in the corner, leaning up against the wall for strength, with the bright sun in my eyes.

Uh..., no.

Aw, just 2? I can get by on just 2. Sure you don't have just 2?

Geez, Stormchaser, get a grip. We all don't walk around with a pocketful of batteries you know.

C'mon, don't hold out on me, I need 'em bad. I know I should quit and ski quiet like everyone else, but I can't shake this monkey, can'tcha help me out? Ya can't buy 'em on the hill anywhere.

I'm headed over to Bay1, why don't you come along and get something to eat, you look like you could use a burger, or maybe a beer.

No, no, batteries, not burgers, batteries, not burgers.

He shuffled away, still mumbling, Batteries, not burgers...

We've all seen the teltale piles of spent double A's by his car, have heard about the late night desparate trips to CVS. Seen the mood swings. I think its time for all his friends to intervene, help him get back his life to the straight and narrow, teach him about life beyond batteries.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

He's beyond help. I heard that he hooks up bookshelf speakers while in the depths of his basement. Even heard tales of him freebolting speakers to his his bike helmet in the alleys.....

It's hard to watch, once they freebolt, it's hard to come back.....

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

That was funny Mr.Moose. Stormchaser probably won't see it until later today since he decided to stay up at K another day so that he can take Rusty, SkiNutDave and Phantom through some more tree runs. Rusty of all people was complaining about how tight some of those tree runs were that Stormchaser took him through. Never heard him complain before about any tree runs. I told Rusty that he was fortunate that he was not injured since people that follow Stormchaser usually end up with some kind of injury. :lol:
Hey Jude
Black Carver

Post by Hey Jude »

Mister Moose that was funny and so true. Poor Stormchaser was wandering around the Bay1 bbq in search of AA batteries. I sometimes carry AA batteries in the car for my CD player so I took a quick look but had none left.

It was kind of sad to see him walking away like Rainman saying to no one inparticular "....need batteries...definitely gotta have batteries....."
Girly, tough is not enough!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OMG, HIDE THE RADIOS ! :o Don't remind Stormchaser that all the radios use AA batteries. We will be like the old Bill Cosby thing "Mother goes to push the Carrage and Whomp, the wheels are gone".

Zoner goes to make contact and DEAD AIR, the batteries are gone. :lol:
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hey Jude wrote:Mister Moose that was funny and so true. Poor Stormchaser was wandering around the Bay1 bbq in search of AA batteries. I sometimes carry AA batteries in the car for my CD player so I took a quick look but had none left.

It was kind of sad to see him walking away like Rainman saying to no one inparticular "....need batteries...definitely gotta have batteries....."
Geeze I must have been out skiing when all of this occurred. It sounds very funny though and I can picture Stormchaser doing exactly that.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Saturday night me and V stepped out for a cig and saw him going looking under rocks and bushes and stuff. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but when we spoke to him he did seem all kind of disoriented and stuff. What do we do now, like lock him up for a week or something?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

I don't get it ... he goes to all lengths to fill your requests and keeps the world rockin', yet you are not willing to support his habit ... shame on all of you!
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Funny Moose :lol: :lol: Somehow, we missed his request - we always have batteries in the car for the radar detector 8) 8) He found some for today - those speakers still make me smile :D
GladeMasterB
Blue Chatterbox

Post by GladeMasterB »

No intervention needed. I say he takes it to the next level. Hit the hard stuff. Portable rechargable battary packs, like the niterider for mtb helmet lights.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

solar panels!
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

How many AA's did he need? I had a Talkabout , but it takes 3 AA batteries.
Funny, I heard him mentioning the need for batteries Saturday night also!
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He did come down to the Bay1BBQ and was trying to score some Double A's from everyone. Poor guy and his withdrawal.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

andyzee wrote:Saturday night me and V stepped out for a cig and saw him going looking under rocks and bushes and stuff. Didn't think anything of it at the time, but when we spoke to him he did seem all kind of disoriented and stuff. What do we do now, like lock him up for a week or something?
12 Step Program.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Eski wrote:I don't get it ... he goes to all lengths to fill your requests and keeps the world rockin', yet you are not willing to support his habit ... shame on all of you!
YEAH!
ImageImageImageImage