Kzone Injury Update Thread

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Kzone Injury Update Thread

Post by KingsFourMan »

since i went to the doctor today, i thought i'd start an injury update thread.

Doc said i've set a new record for recovery from my type of ankle/leg fracture, which he said, is the most severe type of fracture (type C i think he said). he said at 3.5 months, i'm where most are at 8-10 months as far as range of motion. i asked why and he said luck.

going to have the hardware (20 screws and 2 plates) taken out about this time next year so i won't miss another ski season. he said i'll have to take it easy for 6-8 weeks after the hardware comes out for the screw holes to heal.
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Kzone Injury Update Thread

Post by MrsG »

KingsFourMan wrote:since i went to the doctor today, i thought i'd start an injury update thread.

Doc said i've set a new record for recovery from my type of ankle/leg fracture, which he said, is the most severe type of fracture (type C i think he said). he said at 3.5 months, i'm where most are at 8-10 months as far as range of motion. i asked why and he said luck.

going to have the hardware (20 screws and 2 plates) taken out about this time next year so i won't miss another ski season. he said i'll have to take it easy for 6-8 weeks after the hardware comes out for the screw holes to heal.
Great news - congrats 8)
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

I skied a half day today, & made tracks for the Bridgeport Ferry, and stopped at Mather Hospital on Long Island.
Turns out I just ripped ligaments in my right hand..(why Oh why the right one? :oops: ). Anyhow, I was convinced I busted a finger or two, especially because they are curved the wrong way!!
AndyZ--too bad the helmet cam wasn't on, you could have documented this !!
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

RedRider wrote:I skied a half day today, & made tracks for the Bridgeport Ferry, and stopped at Mather Hospital on Long Island.
Turns out I just ripped ligaments in my right hand..(why Oh why the right one? :oops: ). Anyhow, I was convinced I busted a finger or two, especially because they are curved the wrong way!!
Wow, did that happen yesterday when you fell? Sux
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Re: Kzone Injury Update Thread

Post by KingsFourMan »

MrsG wrote:
KingsFourMan wrote:since i went to the doctor today, i thought i'd start an injury update thread.

Great news - congrats 8)
thanks MrsG. The Doc did say no tile shopping though :wink:
Don't fly Mr. Bluebird, I'm just walking down the road......
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

andyzee wrote:Wow, did that happen yesterday when you fell? Sux
Yup, that was the fall, remember when I got on the lifts, every time I kept saying " My hand just doesn't feel quite right"?..Well the next day, I couldn't move my fingers, and the pain was exquisite, SO I got dressed and went skiing anyhow!! Held my pole between my thumb and index finger, Ouch!
I wasn't sure about the medical care, and my Insurance in Vermont, so I bailed early and made for NY, and went to the Hospital 1 mile from the ferry! LOL

andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Diehard! Hope it's not too bad.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

RedRider wrote:I skied a half day today, & made tracks for the Bridgeport Ferry, and stopped at Mather Hospital on Long Island.
Hey we took at least 3-4 more runs after that! NICE :shock:
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

K4M - All the best to you in your healing process, my pains pale in comparison!!

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

K4M congratulations on the fast recovery. See you on the slopes next season. :D
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Red sorry to hear that you too have an injury. Hopefully this will not be too bad and you will recover quickly.