Global Warming Lovers

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Global Warming Lovers

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Like many here I get tired defending this stellar winter weather we are getting to the “Winter Haters” as I call them. They moan that I only like winter because I ski and that they don’t. My latest defense when the weather whining starts is calling those complainers “Global Warming Lovers”. Please try this as the reactions you will get are quite humorous. Watch out for the truly Progressive /Liberals winter haters as they may get very angry and hostile towards you.

All you need to say is "You Global Warming Lover."
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Global Warming Lovers

Post by Mister Moose »

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

The worst is when the New Joiseyites say "next summer if I hear someone say it's too hot I'm going to punch them in the face."
But I try to be a nice person so I wouldn't want to call someone a global warming lover. I just tell them to move to Florida or Arizona like all the other pussies.
richm20
Bumper

Post by richm20 »

"global warming" is so 2006. Once the GW nuts realized that the earth wasnt actually warming and the ice caps aren't gone as predicted, they had a problem. The solution was to change the term to "Climate Change" Now, thy can blame heat, cold, floods, droughts, storms and lack of storms on one, easy to say phrase.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

I have never heard so much hate speech in my life! They can't stand the fact that we are entering a new ice age.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Directly calling out progressives/liberals classifies this as political. Moving accordingly.

Oh yeah, keep in mind this winter is the 6th warmest on record. It may not be warm locally, but it has been warm elsewhere.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

There is no global warming in Concord, NH. Coldest February since records have been kept from 1868. Average Feb temp 12.1F. If there is no warming in your neighborhood it does not effect you.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

spanky wrote:Directly calling out progressives/liberals classifies this as political. Moving accordingly.
My mistake for using a political label as my intent was to highlight the reaction I have gotten when using this term. It did surprise me that some folks would get so upset to get lumped into this classification. It is highly successful in turning the conversation from me having to defend my love for winter as a sick perversion to them having to defend hating cold weather while at the same time doing everything in their power to keep the keep the environment from warming.

Mr. Moose is correct that it stirs up the pot and I am guilty of using select words to provoke a response. In my daily life the political beliefs of all that touch my circle matter very little. Being a good person, building friendships, volunteering, adding value to community and living the dream in Vermont matter greatly.

I noted that my conservative friends that hate winter just tended to laugh when I call them global warming lovers. My more Progressive /Liberal friends in many cases failed to see the humor and I observed a different outcome.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

spanky wrote:Directly calling out progressives/liberals classifies this as political. Moving accordingly.

Oh yeah, keep in mind this winter is the 6th warmest on record. It may not be warm locally, but it has been warm elsewhere.
Not be be snarky but that is a CLAIM not a FACT. There is a big difference between the two. NASA agrees with you other scientists do not.

You don't have to believe what I just wrote or to in any way care... unless you are a scientist ...then you MUST care (or you are just calling yourself a scientist without doing the hard work to deserve the title you claim)

Anyway...an expansive sense of humor is not a typical characteristic of modern "progressives."

Always thought of myself as a progressive, went to LOTS of peace marches, circulated petitions for NCAR, was a Peace Corps volunteer, member of the L5 society...all because I cared and felt like informed compassion was our path forward.

The "new progressives" seem like everything I have always hated the "fascists for"...

and they will shriek maniacally at the inanities of Bill Maher or John Stewart (both occasionally funny) but will attack anyone that tells a clever joke poking fun at some politically correct insanity.
Ski the edges!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

freeski wrote:There is no global warming in Concord, NH. Coldest February since records have been kept from 1868. Average Feb temp 12.1F. If there is no warming in your neighborhood it does not effect you.
Err... you're talking about weather, not climate.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

No that is Concord's climate. You know what I fear as a skier. Someday we're not going to luck out. Someday in the near future our slopes are not going to be holding snow in the winter. We're going to be like the Pacific NW was this year. My brother in law skis at a small ski area outside of Eugene, OR and they have nothing. This could happen any time around here you just need to get the Jetstream traveling a little further north than normal. When this happens it will open a lot of eyes and kill winter economies. I hope I am wrong, but I believe the world is in fact going through a warming trend or worse.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:No that is Concord's climate. You know what I fear as a skier. Someday we're not going to luck out. Someday in the near future our slopes are not going to be holding snow in the winter. We're going to be like the Pacific NW was this year. My brother in law skis at a small ski area outside of Eugene, OR and they have nothing. This could happen any time around here you just need to get the Jetstream traveling a little further north than normal. When this happens it will open a lot of eyes and kill winter economies. I hope I am wrong, but I believe the world is in fact going through a warming trend or worse.
The world has seen numerous warming trends followed by cooling trends. Why is this trend any different than previous trends?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:No that is Concord's climate. You know what I fear as a skier. Someday we're not going to luck out. Someday in the near future our slopes are not going to be holding snow in the winter. We're going to be like the Pacific NW was this year. My brother in law skis at a small ski area outside of Eugene, OR and they have nothing. This could happen any time around here you just need to get the Jetstream traveling a little further north than normal. When this happens it will open a lot of eyes and kill winter economies. I hope I am wrong, but I believe the world is in fact going through a warming trend or worse.
The world has seen numerous warming trends followed by cooling trends. Why is this trend any different than previous trends?
That's really the question isn't it. From reading this board I'd say I am pretty much where you are.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

freeski wrote: Someday in the near future our slopes are not going to be holding snow in the winter. We're going to be like the Pacific NW was this year. My brother in law skis at a small ski area outside of Eugene, OR and they have nothing. This could happen any time around here you just need to get the Jetstream traveling a little further north than normal. When this happens it will open a lot of eyes and kill winter economies. I hope I am wrong, but I believe the world is in fact going through a warming trend or worse.
This has already happened in the Northeast, more than once, and in more than one decade.

Whether or not global warming is occurring, how much of it is man made, how much we can control it from just our one country, and whether or not saturated fat contributes to heart disease doesn't affect variations in our weather like we have been seeing.

It has always been a cold year, wet year, snowless winter, windy spring, late frost, brown Christmas, record warmth on this day in this city, big iceberg count, fat rings on the trees, unexpected drought kinda weather. None of this kind of variation is new.

We've had poor snow years before, and we'll have them again. We've had 2 or 3 in a row, too. That doesn't prove or disprove anything. So while global temperatures have nudged up lately, the data is messy, the time frame is a cosmic blink of an eye, and the weather variation does not lend credence to the theory.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
freeski wrote: Someday in the near future our slopes are not going to be holding snow in the winter. We're going to be like the Pacific NW was this year. My brother in law skis at a small ski area outside of Eugene, OR and they have nothing. This could happen any time around here you just need to get the Jetstream traveling a little further north than normal. When this happens it will open a lot of eyes and kill winter economies. I hope I am wrong, but I believe the world is in fact going through a warming trend or worse.
This has already happened in the Northeast, more than once, and in more than one decade.

Whether or not global warming is occurring, how much of it is man made, how much we can control it from just our one country, and whether or not saturated fat contributes to heart disease doesn't affect variations in our weather like we have been seeing.

It has always been a cold year, wet year, snowless winter, windy spring, late frost, brown Christmas, record warmth on this day in this city, big iceberg count, fat rings on the trees, unexpected drought kinda weather. None of this kind of variation is new.

We've had poor snow years before, and we'll have them again. We've had 2 or 3 in a row, too. That doesn't prove or disprove anything. So while global temperatures have nudged up lately, the data is messy, the time frame is a cosmic blink of an eye, and the weather variation does not lend credence to the theory.
So what yer trying to say is the science is settled?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....