LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: LeSean McCoy traded to Bills

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

SnoBrdr wrote:Murray is expected to sign a five-year, $42 million deal, including $21 million guaranteed, with the Eagles, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen.

Crazy money beside what they are supposed to pay Ryan Mathews, who on Wednesday reached agreement with the Eagles on a three-year, $11.5 million deal, including $5 million guaranteed.
Still cheaper than McCoy was going to be.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

This offseason for the Eagles reminds me of 2011 when they signed all the big FA's like Asomugh and Vick to name a couple and then they had no chemistry and sucked.............stay tuned !
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:This offseason for the Eagles reminds me of 2011 when they signed all the big FA's like Asomugh and Vick to name a couple and then they had no chemistry and sucked.............stay tuned !
Ya wasn't that supposed to be the best team ever.

Someone promised a SB win that year too I think.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Cowboys sign Darren McFadden to two-year deal.

Woopdafreakingdee
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:http://mmqb.si.com/2015/03/25/philadelp ... l-mailbag/

Lurie explains Eagles motives.
Too many people focused on the minutiae, but Lurie did a good job falling on the sword for Roseman
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

"I don't think he likes or respects the stars. I'm being honest," McCoy told The Philadelphia Inquirer. "I think he likes the fact that it's 'Chip Kelly and the Eagles.' "

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.2176268
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:"I don't think he likes or respects the stars. I'm being honest," McCoy told The Philadelphia Inquirer. "I think he likes the fact that it's 'Chip Kelly and the Eagles.' "

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.2176268
Meh. I think most elite professional sports players are going to have something negative to say if their shipped from a big market sports town to Buffalo. Google a little to learn more about McCoy, he's a piece of trash. It's more likely Kelly doesn't want drama in the locker room (a la Jackson).

If there was any truth to this, he would have cut Peters, Kelce, Barwin, Celek, Sproles, etc. and not signed Murray, Maxwell, Matthews, etc.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

The Eagles on Thursday released Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis, ending a standoff that continued through two offseasons.

Mathis, 33, was unhappy with the five-year, $25 million contract he signed in 2012 and has skipped all of the Eagles' offseason activities, which were voluntary. The Eagles were scheduled to have three days of mandatory training next week. Mathis could have been fined if he failed to report for those workouts
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:The Eagles on Thursday released Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis, ending a standoff that continued through two offseasons.

Mathis, 33, was unhappy with the five-year, $25 million contract he signed in 2012 and has skipped all of the Eagles' offseason activities, which were voluntary. The Eagles were scheduled to have three days of mandatory training next week. Mathis could have been fined if he failed to report for those workouts
I didn't like to see him cut, but Mathis wasn't doing himself any favors. I think Mathis will come to regret this decision. I'll be curious if any team picks him up and pays him the $6M he was due from the Eagles this year. All this because he wanted an extra million. He made $9M over the last three years. Some guys let money get in the way of a good thing, IMHO.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:The Eagles on Thursday released Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis, ending a standoff that continued through two offseasons.

I didn't like to see him cut, but Mathis wasn't doing himself any favors. I think Mathis will come to regret this decision. I'll be curious if any team picks him up and pays him the $6M he was due from the Eagles this year. All this because he wanted an extra million. He made $9M over the last three years. Some guys let money get in the way of a good thing, IMHO.
Any team could sign him for peanuts, if he's that good, he won't be unemployed long.

He must be black ?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Any team could sign him for peanuts, if he's that good, he won't be unemployed long.

He must be black ?
Of course they can, but he was complaining because he wants more money. Now he's likely to get less money and could end up on a team that's not going anywhere. The devil you know is better than the one you don't.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

He must be black ?
Of course they can, but he was complaining because he wants more money. Now he's likely to get less money and could end up on a team that's not going anywhere. The devil you know is better than the one you don't.
See Logan Mankins, 2014 TB Bucs.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:See Logan Mankins, 2014 TB Bucs.
I thought he was traded vs cut? His posturing certainly helped him with pay while with the Pats ... I'm sure going to TB with cap space would net him more $ than staying with cap strapped NE. Maybe you're right and Mathis will be in a better spot.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:See Logan Mankins, 2014 TB Bucs.
I thought he was traded vs cut? His posturing certainly helped him with pay while with the Pats ... I'm sure going to TB with cap space would net him more $ than staying with cap strapped NE. Maybe you're right and Mathis will be in a better spot.
Yes he was traded for basically a bag of balls, TE Tim Wight.

Wright caught 6 tds and was cut yesterday.