Hillary Update

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
brownman
Postinator

Re: Hillary Update

Post by brownman »

Took all of 11 hours before she 'broke down' ... just needed a Ricola.
Statesmanship at all-time low water mark.
$20M more, we'll have all the answers ?

:bang
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

My analysis of the hearing from the recap I saw: she looked tired, then she looked okay, then she looked tired again. I don't think putting her through an 11 hour "show trial" does the republicans any good. Only part of any interest was the email to moon-faced-daughter saying the attack was by a Taliban like group. This email contradicted the "video narrative" pushed by the administration.

So what, big deal, who cares :?:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

If the goal was to score political points against HRC, the Republicans lost badly.

They'll need to do a much better job with the server issue and uncover something highly scandalous to have an influence on voters.

Otherwise this all looks like dirty politics and only weakens the party's appearance in the public eyes.

FTR, though I would consider myself a progressive, I am far from a Hillary fan.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

The Trey Gowdy constituency must be real proud today :oops:
13 months of mudseason ahead :bull
Even Bernie may have to start slinging :lol:

:Toast
Last edited by brownman on Oct 24th, '15, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Forever .. Goat Path
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

deadheadskier wrote:If the goal was to score political points against HRC, the Republicans lost badly.

They'll need to do a much better job with the server issue and uncover something highly scandalous to have an influence on voters.

Otherwise this all looks like dirty politics and only weakens the party's appearance in the public eyes.

FTR, though I would consider myself a progressive, I am far from a Hillary fan.
I watched a slice of it. Hillary came off as the smartest person in the room. She's bought & paid for by corporate interests but she certainly fared well against the lightweights doing the inquisition.

My take on all of this is that the kneejerk reaction of the Obama administration is to always give the calculated political response to any event and ignore "doing the right thing". It's a big reason why I think the Obama presidency has been simply awful. There's no leadership. Hillary was just doing what she was told to do by her boss and that was to give the political response. I personally don't care much about what happened in some hell hole mission in Libya. Like everywhere else in the world with Muslim extremists, we should pump all the oil out of the ground and then abandon the place to their own squalor. My objections to Hillary are because she sold out and is all about money & power, not over some tempest in a teapot at Benghazi. Unless something changes fairly quickly on the Republican side, we're going to be saying "Madam President" in 15 months.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Agreed on all fronts.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

http://theslot.jezebel.com/why-angry-ol ... ampaign=FB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Attachments
Hillary-who-cares-if-Im-a-liar-291x300.jpg
Hillary-who-cares-if-Im-a-liar-291x300.jpg (31.19 KiB) Viewed 409 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The guy who made the video ended up in jail for a probation violation. But before this was known Hilary was telling the families of those who died the government was going to get the guy. So, at this point Hilary and the administration were going to railroad a guy to prison so the truth would not come out before the election? This is the kind of thing in Hilary's past that makes her unfit to be the president.

Falls getting on a plane :!: :ani_smiles:
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlz0he9rtKw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlz0he9rtKw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he never heard the end of it either despite the fact that he was a star athlete in his prime years...
Outstanding Athlete
An extremely gifted athlete, Mr. FORD was a 3-year letterman and played on University of Michigan’s national championship football teams in 1932 and 1933. He was voted the Wolverine’s most valuable player in 1934. On January 1, 1935, he played at Soldier Field against the Chicago Bears in the Chicago Tribune College All-Star Football Game, and his performance led to offers from the Detroit Lions and the Green Bay Packers. In tribute to one of its greatest student-athletes, Michigan subsequently retired Mr. FORD’s jersey number 48. In addition, he was named to Sports Illustrated’s Silver Anniversary All-American Football Team, received the National Football Foundation’s Gold Medal—its highest honor—and in 2006 was recognized by the NCAA as one of the 100 most influential student- athletes of the last century. In 2003, the NCAA created the NCAA President Gerald R. Ford Award, which is presented annually to an individual who has provided significant leadership as an advocate for intercollegiate athletics on a continuous basis over the course of their career. In 2005, the ‘‘Gerald R. Ford Legends of Center Award’’ was created to honor and promote President FORD’s athletic and public service ideals. The award is presented annually to an outstanding former collegiate or professional football center, who has also made significant contributions to his community through philanthropic or business endeavors.
Mr. Ford avoided any evidence of magisterial bearing with his understated manner and game efforts in the fledgling realm of presidential stand-up. At the Radio and Television Correspondents’ Association dinner in 1975, he surreptitiously grabbed the tablecloth on the way to the podium and sent silverware flying toward Mr. Chase.

“Ford looked back with this great look of wonderment at what had happened,” recalled Robert Orben, a television comedy writer who became a top aide to Mr. Ford. “He was someone who was not afraid to have fun at his own expense.”

Mr. Ford was an accomplished football player, skier and golfer and was not considered unusually awkward by those around him. But he contributed to his own boneheaded persona in a few ill-timed episodes of camera-range clumsiness, like stumbling down the steps of Air Force One in Austria, wiping out on the slopes in Vail, Colo., and getting zonked on the head by a passing chairlift.

Mr. Chase whacked home the clumsy caricature on a weekly basis, in a way that became indelibly affixed to Mr. Ford’s legacy.

The parody “just absolutely stuck in the public consciousness,” said Landon Parvin, who has written humorous speeches for Presidents Bush and Ronald Reagan.
its unfortunate that so many see comedy and consider it an accurate portrayal of reality... big reason why we are where we are now...there's a large segment of the population that truly believes that the daily show, colbert, SNL etc ARE actually the news...guess which lever they ALL pull...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Saw this in the rack at the grocery store tonight:

A long-lost Secret Service report — exclusively uncovered by The National ENQUIRER — could send Hillary Clinton to jail for covering up the murder of her lover, Vince Foster!

The secret “memorandum” directly contradicts the White House version of Foster’s death — and exposes shocking evidence that Hillary conspired to hide the truth about her relationship with Foster.

To read the five-page world exclusive on the presidential candidate, be sure to pick up the latest issue of The ENQUIRER — on newsstands for a limited time!

On one hand, it's the Enquirer, but on the other hand, they did break some pretty big stories with Gary Hart, OJ, John Edwards, etc. Didn't buy it, didn't read it, but you know this had to pass the libel filter for a story on a presidential candidate and a Clinton. On the surface, it might be nothing more than Hillary denying a relationship; ie how does that send her to jail? The nation didn't want to send Bill to jail for perjury either.

Pretty bad press, even if they do spell her name right.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mister Moose wrote:Saw this in the rack at the grocery store tonight:

A long-lost Secret Service report — exclusively uncovered by The National ENQUIRER — could send Hillary Clinton to jail for covering up the murder of her lover, Vince Foster!

The secret “memorandum” directly contradicts the White House version of Foster’s death — and exposes shocking evidence that Hillary conspired to hide the truth about her relationship with Foster.

To read the five-page world exclusive on the presidential candidate, be sure to pick up the latest issue of The ENQUIRER — on newsstands for a limited time!

On one hand, it's the Enquirer, but on the other hand, they did break some pretty big stories with Gary Hart, OJ, John Edwards, etc. Didn't buy it, didn't read it, but you know this had to pass the libel filter for a story on a presidential candidate and a Clinton. On the surface, it might be nothing more than Hillary denying a relationship; ie how does that send her to jail? The nation didn't want to send Bill to jail for perjury either.

Pretty bad press, even if they do spell her name right.
Really? After all these years, this is being resurrected?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe