r*in

Post by skier123 »

r*ining for the first time since early january. Sad day... :sad:
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: r*in

Post by SnoBrdr »

skier123 wrote:r*ining for the first time since early january. Sad day... :sad:
It was expected while parts of Maine get over a foot.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

It's always something ... :dislike

Consider the brightside ... Comfortable temps :like
Name the last total Bliss on a Saturday :sad:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

is it a freezing r*in because website says it's 27 degrees. hopefully no net loss to the snowpack and we get enough on the changeover to fix things. up sunday-wednesday.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

skiadikt wrote:is it a freezing r*in because website says it's 27 degrees. hopefully no net loss to the snowpack and we get enough on the changeover to fix things. up sunday-wednesday.
29 degrees and rising slowly. Extremely light freezing r*in at Moose Manor (1,700')
skier123 wrote: Sad day...
In the warming temps and mixed precip, today should actually be a good day. Tomorrow after a night in the mid 20's will be more the day of reckoning, hopefully with 4" on top.

Stuff to do in the am, then I'll be on the hill in the pm.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

We got out for a couple hours . . . no precip in the beginning . . . started snow/white sleet at Bear around 9:30 am . . . moved on over to Needles where visibility was challenging due to goggles getting wet and fogged up. Not sure of temps, but did not get cold even after getting wet. Surface of snow was variable - from baby death cookies, to sandy feeling snow to soft. Sup area seemed clearer, but crowds were more than worth dealing with - appeared to be those who are getting their first weekend of the season in and having to try every "known" trail before they should . . . :mrgreen:

Home now cheering on Stony Brook for Bubba and RedRider's better half :wink: Sorry Tricks :P :wink:
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

We got out for several hours today at Pico. A bit of mixed sleet/snow but as of 3:00 PM very limited precipitation. So far we have made out better than the forecast was predicting. Nothing that will have major long term negative impact. Knock on wood.
Don't Killington Pico
Finn
Postaholic

Re: no r*in light precipatipn snow at peak

Post by Finn »

Got out early skiied all the runs in the Canyon. Firm to spring snow. Cascade, double dipper, downdraft and east fall delightful.Light sheet If that. Went to Needles even did mid-bottom of vertigo. Vertigo was ok. Bottom section had a seeded bumps run. Skiied all the runs in Needles including Bittersweet and high road.Off to SS area nice there as well. Did all runs there. Loved all the trails there as well. Small lines today.Nice snow and not too many people. Short break at the peak then north ridge and snowdon. Last run on highline sweet. Some sleet toward the end. For those whimps that did not ski today it was great. Every day that I ski and am outdoors are great days! Met a new person today at the canyon chair and gave them the K expert skin tour. He will be back again! His daughter has a farm in Powlet. Thanks Ken for a great day!!
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

I was out for 5 hours this morning, quit when visibility dropped to almost zero at needles.
Despite the NCP, I had a great time, the surfaces softened up, and my gear got wet, but
I was still warm. Hoping for snow tonight! Thanks MrsG for the support!
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Skied 8:30-2:00. Some decent conditions but challenging visibility. Best runs...Wildfire, Vertigo, Needles & Superstar. Ice spots were quite edgeable. Packed it in at 2:00 and headed down to Gifford Woods and My son and I snowshoed up to Deer Leap. Fun day!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

8:45pm started r*ining for real, up until then it had been very light. Town roads are VERY slick on spots, I did a bobsled run just now for about 300 feet, luckily no other cars were on the road. Doesn't bode well for tomorrow, either for on time lift openings or snow surface.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Mister Moose wrote:8:45pm started r*ining for real, up until then it had been very light. Town roads are VERY slick on spots, I did a bobsled run just now for about 300 feet, luckily no other cars were on the road. Doesn't bode well for tomorrow, either for on time lift openings or snow surface.
As you predicted, lifts are delayed and trails are closed waiting for a re groom
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Sky Peak Express doesn't appear on either the conditions or lift report... Not good not good at all.

Snowshed Crissiver is op though...yippee!!!!!!!! Going to lap that all day......not. :-)
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report.

Better than I expected. As others have stated, not much r*in damage from Friday night into Saturday.

Temps were close to 32; I found conditions variable w.r.t. whether or not it had softened up with the best snow on the north side of the ridge. I was not impressed with Needles Eye area [even excluding the visibility] nor Bear later in the day.

Found it much better in canyon and Snowdon. Northstar was ROTD - Some moguls have started to form since the brutal gooming a couple weeks ago and the snow was soft.

Powerline was right up there and the biggest/tightest moguls that we found.

South Ridge area seemed frozen in place.

With all that said, it started r*ining later in the day - We go pretty frosty skiing down to Skyeship base at 4:00 and it was coming down hardere [on and off] as we went to Sushi for HH. Not sure what Sunday will bring.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Spent Saturday skiing the groomed runs because if you ventured off of them it was not pleasant. I skied everything fhat was available from Bear to Snowdon. As others have said the precipitation was light but did stick to your goggles at times making visibility difficult. Also the fog in some of the areas made for difficult visibility. All in all a better day than was expected. I knew that things would be delayed on Sunday because the roads were treacherous on Saturday night due to the ice that had fallen. Also the whole mountain and town lost power for quite a while on Saturday night.