OT Dead thread

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

DMC wrote:
junior wrote:The "lot", as you put it, was a big part of the Dead experience. The lot was where you did your business and took care of "things" for the show, and where you were for hours afterward.

I miss "the lot".
I don't... I miss the shows...
There was a lot more to the Dead than just the shows. The whole experience was what it was about...the music, the shows, the scene, the lot, the people, etc...

How could you follow the Dead on tour and not be part of the scene?
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

Well Junior, a lot of them were unbathed tie-dyed drooling types trying to sell me crafted grasshoppers made out of crabgrass. I would have LOVED to have been inside. The tickets went faster than rice bags out the back of U.N. relief convoys in Solmolia. But like DMC and myself were saying, they make for good theater. No offense bro.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

junior wrote:There was a lot more to the Dead than just the shows. The whole experience was what it was about...the music, the shows, the scene, the lot, the people, etc...

I would go to shows... Just put a chair up - drink a few beers and watch..
Had lots of friends on tour - they'd stop by - we'd drink... whatever..

I always thought the lot was sketchy...

I really was in it for mainly the live music.. Which I miss a shitload...
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

RossiSkier wrote:Well Junior, a lot of them were unbathed tie-dyed drooling types trying to sell me crafted grasshoppers made out of crabgrass. I would have LOVED to have been inside. The tickets went faster than rice bags out the back of U.N. relief convoys in Solmolia. But like DMC and myself were saying, they make for good theater. No offense bro.

None taken. Not sure why you would even say that. And why are you calling me "bro". Shouldn't it be "sis"?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

DMC wrote:
junior wrote:There was a lot more to the Dead than just the shows. The whole experience was what it was about...the music, the shows, the scene, the lot, the people, etc...

I would go to shows... Just put a chair up - drink a few beers and watch..
Had lots of friends on tour - they'd stop by - we'd drink... whatever..

I always thought the lot was sketchy...

I really was in it for mainly the live music.. Which I miss a shitload...
Me too dude.
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

junior wrote:
RossiSkier wrote:Well Junior, a lot of them were unbathed tie-dyed drooling types trying to sell me crafted grasshoppers made out of crabgrass. I would have LOVED to have been inside. The tickets went faster than rice bags out the back of U.N. relief convoys in Solmolia. But like DMC and myself were saying, they make for good theater. No offense bro.

None taken. Not sure why you would even say that. And why are you calling me "bro". Shouldn't it be "sis"?
Oh. Sorry. Normally the term "junior" is gender specific. I have only been on the ZONE for a few months.
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

I miss the lot so much I'm going to hang out in one tonight, tomorrow night and the next night. I will catch the shows also. I do enjoy having the option for a drink in a bar also. I like to tail gate and do the BBQ. The mail order, the drive, the lot, the show, its all part of the scene for me. No its not as good as it was, but it is all we have left. No complaints no regrets. :D
Last edited by BobR on Apr 21st, '05, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

RossiSkier wrote:
junior wrote:

Oh. Sorry. Normally the term "junior" is gender specific. I have only been on the ZONE for a few months.
I guess it used to be. The original Junior is my husband. He no longer posts here. Although "Hal" may tell you otherwise.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

BobR wrote:I miss the lot so much I'm going to hang out in one tonight, tomorrow night and the next night. I will catch the shows also. I do enjoy having the option for a drink in a bar also. I like to tail gate and do the BBQ. The mail order, the drive, the lot, the show, its all part of the scene for me. No its not as good as it was, but it is all we have left. No complaints no regrets. :D
Could not have put it better myself. Enjoy the shows Bob.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

Rossi... Keeping track of all the goings on in this forum requires a friggin flowchart...
Who's who... Who's not... Who is...

Way confusing..
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

BobR wrote:I miss the lot so much I'm going to hang out in one tonight, tomorrow night and the next night. I will catch the shows also. I do enjoy having the option for a drink in a bar also. I like to tail gate and do the BBQ. The mail order, the drive, the lot, the show, its all part of the scene for me. No its not as good as it was, but it is all we have left. No complaints no regrets. :D
Walking throught the "lot" at the "dead" show in Camden last summer was pretty f-in scarey... Lot's of really sketchy trustafarians... Selling heroin and stuff...

I vowed for the second year in a row I'd never see "the dead" again...
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

junior wrote:
RossiSkier wrote:
junior wrote:

I guess it used to be. The original Junior is my husband. He no longer posts here. Although "Hal" may tell you otherwise.
He can still be reached on the SR board I correspond sometimes still with him over there. Usually about GD stuff.
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

junior wrote: I guess it used to be. The original Junior is my husband. He no longer posts here. Although "Hal" may tell you otherwise.
And this is a self-imposed exile?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

DMC wrote:
Walking throught the "lot" at the "dead" show in Camden last summer was pretty f-in scarey... Lot's of really sketchy trustafarians... Selling heroin and stuff...

I vowed for the second year in a row I'd never see "the dead" again...
We're talking about the Grateful Dead, the real thing. Not the current version called "The Dead".

I don't ever remember trustafarians selling heroin at a "Grateful Dead" concert. Other things for sure, but heroin, I think not. The real heads were doing doses, boomers, beer, and kind. Never saw heroin on tour with the real Grateful Dead.

You cannot compare the Dead with the Grateful Dead. Two very different things. And on a side note, Camden, NJ is a far cry from Park Avenue my friend.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

RossiSkier wrote:
junior wrote: I guess it used to be. The original Junior is my husband. He no longer posts here. Although "Hal" may tell you otherwise.
And this is a self-imposed exile?
trust me, i know nothing on this subject and i bet you'd be better off not knowing either. some sh*t that goes on in here is borderline infantile.