Anyone Bring the Bikes Up to the Mountain?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Anyone Bring the Bikes Up to the Mountain?

Post by Skibumtress »

This is my first spring up at K participating in the spring skiing and the spring festivities. I would like to hike for turns with some and do some nature hikes, however do any of you bring your bikes up???
I would like to join some in playing golf too but no one has volunteered to teach me yet (I don't blame you one bit :wink: ).
Last edited by Skibumtress on Apr 20th, '05, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Re: Bikes Up at the Mountain?

Post by Bling Skier »

Skibumtress wrote:This is my first spring up at K participating in the spring skiing and the spring festivities. I would like to hike for turns with some and do some nature hikes, however do any of you bring your bikes up???
I would like to join some in playing golf too but no one has volunteered to teach me yet (I don't blame you one bit :wink: ).
Tress I MTN Bike up at
"K at least 4 times in the spring/summer.

Hey you want 2 get together and do some rideing up Sussex County way?
Let me know.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I don't bike but I do hike for turns. I will be up again at the end of the month and if there is only one lift I will probably be hiking to ski some off the path trails. You are welcome to join me but make sure you have a backpack equipped to carry skis.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Bling Skier wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:This is my first spring up at K participating in the spring skiing and the spring festivities. I would like to hike for turns with some and do some nature hikes, however do any of you bring your bikes up???
Tress I MTN Bike up at

Let me know.
I'll be riding in the Andover area again as I did last summer as much as I can on the weekends. I love that park 'cause I can ride pavement, gravel and trails and then sit at a lake and relax afterwards. Great place!
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I don't bike but I do hike for turns. I will be up again at the end of the month and if there is only one lift I will probably be hiking to ski some off the path trails. You are welcome to join me but make sure you have a backpack equipped to carry skis.
Thanks Ty.... I'll be there. That's what I need... the backpack. I'll have to find a very inexpensive one..... unlesss, I can borrow somone's. :wink:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Skibumtress wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I don't bike but I do hike for turns. I will be up again at the end of the month and if there is only one lift I will probably be hiking to ski some off the path trails. You are welcome to join me but make sure you have a backpack equipped to carry skis.
Thanks Ty.... I'll be there. That's what I need... the backpack. I'll have to find a very inexpensive one..... unlesss, I can borrow somone's. :wink:
You can probably borrow Mtnman's since he won't be using this spring.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:
You can probably borrow Mtnman's since he won't be using this spring.
It's already waiting for someone to use it. It's hung in the ski room at the house.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Mtn Man wrote: You can probably borrow Mtnman's since he won't be using this spring.
It's already waiting for someone to use it. It's hung in the ski room at the house.

B)[/quote]

Thanks Buddy! :D
I will prolly take you up on your kind offer.

And.... I still have to get your ski bag back to you that I used on the trip to Tahoe. I'll bring it Saturday morning before the beer fest.
Last edited by Skibumtress on Apr 20th, '05, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Skibumtress wrote:
Mtn Man wrote: You can probably borrow Mtnman's since he won't be using this spring.

B)

And.... I still have to get your ski bag back to you that I used on the trip to Tahoe. I'll bring it Saturday morning.[/quote]

Make sure you Borrow his skis too...

Hey MTNMAN Can I borrow your FB's, I think that Gap on ovation has gotten bigger and Im going to need a big boy ski to clear it! :D
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Pedro wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:

B)

And.... I still have to get your ski bag back to you that I used on the trip to Tahoe. I'll bring it Saturday morning.
Make sure you Borrow his skis too...

Hey MTNMAN Can I borrow your FB's, I think that Gap on ovation has gotten bigger and Im going to need a big boy ski to clear it! :D[/quote]

Good idea Pedro, I need some rock skis. But, no can do, they're too long for me. As you know, I'm vertically challenged.
Richard Simmons
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Richard Simmons »

SIGH and then frown. It sounds like you are talking about my penis.

Somebody love me.
That's one big rope between my legs. Who wants to go for a swing?

Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

Skibumtress wrote:
Bling Skier wrote:
Tress I MTN Bike up at

Let me know.
I'll be riding in the Andover area again as I did last summer as much as I can on the weekends. I love that park 'cause I can ride pavement, gravel and trails and then sit at a lake and relax afterwards. Great place!
We rode "Kittatinny" state park last weekend...ever ride up 2 the "Tower", thats a lung buster. but the ride down is worth the pain involved getting up 2 the top.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Re: Anyone Bring the Bikes Up to the Mountain?

Post by 2knees »

Skibumtress wrote: I would like to join some in playing golf too but no one has volunteered to teach me yet (I don't blame you one bit :wink: ).
this one made me laugh. Hey I've been playing golf, or attempting to, for years and i'm still waiting for someone to teach me! get in line.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

2knees wrote:
Skibumtress wrote: I would like to join some in playing golf too but no one has volunteered to teach me yet (I don't blame you one bit :wink: ).
this one made me laugh. Hey I've been playing golf, or attempting to, for years and i'm still waiting for someone to teach me! get in line.
:lol: :lol:
I'm in line. My Dad taught me a bit when I was in highschool but I just never got out there enough. He only took me when his buddies weren't playing. He liked going with his buddies better 'cause then he could play up to the 19th hole. I'm actually pretty easy to teach. I'm the type of person who needs three steps, then let me practice, let me learn from my mistakes and then tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

Skibumtress wrote:
2knees wrote:
:lol: :lol:
I'm in line. My Dad taught me a bit when I was in highschool but I just never got out there enough. He only took me when his buddies weren't playing. He liked going with his buddies better 'cause then he could play up to the 19th hole. I'm actually pretty easy to teach. I'm the type of person who needs three steps, then let me practice, let me learn from my mistakes and then tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong.
Bummy, my brother is an avid golfer and from what he has explained to me, as long as you have the 19th hole down pat, the previous 18 are pretty inconsequential........
Some things just can't be bought......