You guys should be proud of me

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MarieM
Post Office

You guys should be proud of me

Post by MarieM »

I'm a mom that should make you guys proud...my 19-year-old's going to ski Tuckerman's tomorrow. Then next weekend he's going to do something at the park at Loon that involves gathering up all the available snow and having some kind of big air contest. After that on Saturday, he's planning on wakeboarding on Sunday. My work is done!
snowsprite
Post Office

Re: You guys should be proud of me

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 25th, '05, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

MarieM wrote:I'm a mom that should make you guys proud...my 19-year-old's going to ski Tuckerman's tomorrow.
Nice - If I ever get out of work - I'll be hiking up tonight to ride Tucks tomorrow...
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MarieM wrote:I'm a mom that should make you guys proud...my 19-year-old's going to ski Tuckerman's tomorrow. Then next weekend he's going to do something at the park at Loon that involves gathering up all the available snow and having some kind of big air contest. After that on Saturday, he's planning on wakeboarding on Sunday. My work is done!
Damn. My mom was boring. All she did was cook and clean. Would you adopt me??
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
MarieM wrote:I'm a mom that should make you guys proud...my 19-year-old's going to ski Tuckerman's tomorrow. Then next weekend he's going to do something at the park at Loon that involves gathering up all the available snow and having some kind of big air contest. After that on Saturday, he's planning on wakeboarding on Sunday. My work is done!
Too funny...my kids might rather have a boring mom. Mayobe not. Because they do take me to the local watering holes with them...but then they cut in when I dance with strangers! What's up with that? :D
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

BigKahuna13 wrote:
My mom was smart when we were growing up, all she did was make us cook and clean.
Some things just can't be bought......
DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

My Mom is a professional watercolor painter...

She rocks...
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

RJSVermont wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:
My mom was smart when we were growing up, all she did was make us cook and clean.
My boys are the best laudry-folders and vacuumers ever!
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Way to go Marie!!!! :D
The only sports activities my mom pushed on me was softball and basketball (basketball was out 'cause I was always the shortest one in my class) and dance. Dance won for the most part but then when I began professionally I had back surgery so that went out the window.
Last edited by Skibumtress on Apr 21st, '05, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

my mom told me I was a mistake ... I'm glad she screwed up
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

How old are your kids? :idea: Maybe they can meet mine :wink:
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

if U realy want us 2 be proud of U .
You should join him then kick his azz.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Good work Marie. I hope that when my kids are grown up they will still want to hang out with mom and dad.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

too bad you're still happily married :cry: :lol:
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

DMC wrote:My Mom is a professional watercolor painter...

She rocks...
Does she do any architectural water color renderings? A lot of architecture students in college took classes for this and a good water color rendering is simply amazing to look at.

Unfortunately for industrial design you are taught to render with markers which look good when done right but kill brain cells by the minute if you're forced to render in a poorly ventilated area.

Kudos to your mom for having such a kick ass profession and to Marie M. for apparently raising some great kids. My father was somewhat of a deadbeat at times but my mom is practically a saint so I know what it means for a child to have at least one solid, loving parent in the picture.
Some things just can't be bought......