I know it's Spring.....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

I know it's Spring.....

Post by Skibumtress »

when I drive up to Vermont. Friday drove up during the day..... instead of skis on top of cars, mountain bikes. Instead of slush and snow on my windshield, bugs. It was a little depressing 'cause reality has set in and the season is coming to a close. :cry:

But I want to had a great big thanks to all of you who made my season a great one. This was the first season I took a house share and thanks to two people who convinced me to do so, I am grateful. Last season, I met some of you briefly but this year I know great friendships were made and that made it all the more special. And thanks to many of you who gave me pointers and babysat me when I didn't think I could go down some runs (I don't need to name names, you all know who you are). My skiing has improved lots this season and it's thanks to my friends. Looking forward to the rest of the season hiking for turns, nature hiking and looking forward to some summer BBQ's with you all. :wink:
Thanks again for an awesome season!!!! :D
Last edited by Skibumtress on Apr 21st, '05, 19:02, edited 2 times in total.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 25th, '05, 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

bugs are the one thing that i can't get over.. i really want to deal with summer positively.. seriously.. i'm losing weight so i can do some of the summer stuff better.. rock-climbing, bicycling, swimming, kayaking, whatever..

but the damn bugs! argh!!
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Had to hose the bugs of the skis when i got home.
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 25th, '05, 07:46, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

snowsprite wrote:I was hiking in the woods out back the other day to get the kids and walked into a swarm of these microscopic gnats. Before I could react I am pretty sure I breathed some in. Choke-and-cough fest ensued. Nice!

Sprite
Yuk.... I hate when that happens!
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

snowsprite wrote:I was hiking in the woods out back the other day to get the kids and walked into a swarm of these microscopic gnats. Before I could react I am pretty sure I breathed some in. Choke-and-cough fest ensued. Nice!

Sprite
i want to wear a no-see-um headnet to prevent that from happening..

but i'd look like such a dork that i keep putting it off (no offense to dork)
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

pizzamoose wrote:

Sprite
i want to wear a no-see-um headnet to prevent that from happening..

but i'd look like such a dork that i keep putting it off (no offense to dork)
Look at ingesting the little suckers as a healthy dose of protein!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Re: I know it's Spring.....

Post by SkiDork »

Skibumtress wrote:when I drive up to Vermont. Friday drove up during the day..... instead of skis on top of cars, mountain bikes. Instead of slush and snow on my windshield, bugs. It was a little depressing 'cause reality has set in and the season is coming to a close. :cry:

But I want to had a great big thanks to all of you who made my season a great one. This was the first season I took a house share and thanks to two people who convinced me to do so, I am grateful. Last season, I met some of you briefly but this year I know great friendships were made and that made it all the more special. And thanks to many of you who gave me pointers and babysat me when I didn't think I could go down some runs (I don't need to name names, you all know who you are). My skiing has improved lots this season and it's thanks to my friends. Looking forward to the rest of the season hiking for turns, nature hiking and looking forward to some summer BBQ's with you all. :wink:
Thanks again for an awesome season!!!! :D
Yes, it was a blast of a season. Welcome to da crew, and see ya in a full share next season...
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Re: I know it's Spring.....

Post by Skibumtress »

SkiDork wrote:and see ya in a full share next season...
You betcha! :wink:
But first I need to go back to Reno to play 3 Card Poker and Blackjack so I can win some money to pay for it. :wink:
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

snowsprite wrote:I think I have a bunch of sap on mine, but maybe it's insect guts now that you mention it. Anyway they won't come off w/ the wiper fluid. Not even budging.

I'm taking my car to the carwash this weekend... they always charge ya extra to get that stuff off but they have this stuff that zips it right off.

Sprite
:idea: I"m gonna swipe some of the wife's nail polish remover and see if that get's the bugs off.
I't was a pleasure here also meeting/skiing with everyone and I'm looking forward to next season!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

The season is not over yet Bummy even though those bugs are on our windshields. Wait till you experience the black flies up at K. Now those suckers hurt. It is great to see the progress made by you, Sprite and HeyJude. You gals rocked. Can't wait until some you are comfortable doing the trails that I do with the gang.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:The season is not over yet Bummy even though those bugs are on our windshields. Wait till you experience the black flies up at K. Now those suckers hurt. It is great to see the progress made by you, Sprite and HeyJude. You gals rocked. Can't wait until some you are comfortable doing the trails that I do with the gang.
That is a goal of mine...... maybe next season I can try. Key word = "try." :wink:
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

tyrolean_skier wrote:The season is not over yet Bummy even though those bugs are on our windshields. Wait till you experience the black flies up at K. Now those suckers hurt. It is great to see the progress made by you, Sprite and HeyJude. You gals rocked. Can't wait until some you are comfortable doing the trails that I do with the gang.
I'm not at all saying the season is over yet (I'm still counting on those smiles after Mrs. G's thread titles :wink: ), but since I was talking about Spring being upon us, just thought I would had that. Was just feeling a little sentimental this evening. :wink:
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on Apr 25th, '05, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.