T R U M P vs. Hillary - who wins?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: T R U M P vs. Hillary - who wins?

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:The main reason Trump won is because Democrat policies, ideas and theories suck and B.O. is the biggest proponent of them. The proof is that Republicans have the overwhelming control of Governorships and State Legislations. They even won the Governor's seat in Vermont.
Trump lost the popular vote to Clinton so the majority of voters did not vote for Trump. NH voted for Clinton and dumped Republican Senator Ayotte. At this point, Obama is more popular in his presidency than Reagan.and those same polls predicted a clinton landslide...

Trump won in part because he promised non-Republican trade policies to rural white voters crushed by the 2008 economic meltdown - caused by Republican policies.

I wish Trump the best. He's not a conservative, not even a Republican YEP, that's why he won...cuz he's a practical moderate...and he certainly didn't win a mandate, but he recognized the same income inequality issue that Bernie did and spoke about it just as authentically. but he offered opportunity not freebies, which is what people want...

We'll see what he does about it.
305-233 and both houses...looks like a mandate...

trump won because clinton and the dems tried to win by division...

I expect trump to make very reserved moves going in...I expect very little in regards to social issues....

I also expect to see MANY executive orders overturned ( I'll relish this)

I expect him to continue to DOMINATE the media and push back on their BS narrative by simply dismissing them for the propagandist liars they are...

obama had an opportunity to be THE most influential president of the modern era...He was given a mandate to prove that race was NOT a factor...instead he chose division at every opportunity...every chance he got he pitted race against race, citizens against police, men against women, even neighbor against neighbor, friend against friend and family against family...HE belittled and derided any and all opposition flat out dismissing their concerns and encouraged his supporters to do the same...

He rammed thru the ACA in the most dubious manner,with zero republican support, lying about the fact that it was knowingly destined to fail..He dismissed concerns from the opposition by telling them he won and to go sit in the back of the bus... and he doubled down on this blatant disregard during every seemingly 8 yr long campaign stop, reaching an angry fever pitch in his desperate last 2 week support of clinton ( really only to save his own legacy from the toilet) lecturing and deriding the strawmen he spent his entire presidency defining half of the country as...

Obama had the opportunity to unite the country, it's WHY he was elected...He chose to pursue a strategy of divide and conquer whereby he would destroy the opposition party forever...He greatly overplayed his hand and his entire legacy will be reduced to just that...A man who was given it all,overplayed his hand and ended up with nothing...

I also don't expect trump to tell half of america to screw off "we won" or to "go sit in the back of the bus"...I expect him to continue to exploit the media and force them to do his bidding...He'll introduce popular legislation and force congress to act by exposing their partisanship, bias or self interest that goes against the will of the people wherever it manifest itself...He'll force stand alone votes on important issues that the people want to see action on...

lastly ( for now)

Look at trumps dedication to success, his drive during the election campaign was unparalleled...He drew more people to him than clinton did with an entire entourage of celebrities including obama...I expect him to work doggedly, tirelessly and endlessly to exact the kind of change the country needs and to differentiate between the petty and pragmatic...ignoring the former while focusing on the latter...Trump only knows one thing and that;s WINNING...and winning as president means accomplishing the exact opposite of obama...

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: Here is proof of a mandate, the overwhelming majority of counties voted for Trump, it's about 10 to 1.
The majority of voters did not vote for Trump.
f.a.s.t. wrote: This is also proof of the brilliance of our Founding Fathers to develop the electoral college. Otherwise, the tyranny of the majority would rule and destroy the minority living in all the red counties.
“The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy” -- Donald Trump, Nov. 6, 2012.
Democrats are for minorities, unless you are a white male that lives in one of the red counties in rural America. Then you are a bigot and racist like B.O. and Clinton said-bitter Americans and deplorable and that enemies must be punished. The electoral college protects people like me, a minority, forgotten and unprotected and it is brilliant. I would say the same thing if it protected the other side. I don't care what Trump said in 2012, he's not a politician and best of all he cares about me; unlike B.O. and crooked, criminal, lying, cheating, filthy, dirty Clinton.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose wrote: I'll ask you if you think Trump isn't a conservative after his second Supreme Court pick. Or perhaps you have a different version of what a conservative is.
Based on his list, the judges Trump has been advised to appoint certainly pull to the right. Worse case for liberals, SCOTUS could go as far as 7-2 conservative. But SCOTUS generally hears a few dozen cases per year, so the larger (though not final) influence remains with the lower courts.

And it will be fascinating to see what happens when a Trump appointee rules against him.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: Here is proof of a mandate, the overwhelming majority of counties voted for Trump, it's about 10 to 1.
The majority of voters did not vote for Trump.
f.a.s.t. wrote: This is also proof of the brilliance of our Founding Fathers to develop the electoral college. Otherwise, the tyranny of the majority would rule and destroy the minority living in all the red counties.
“The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy” -- Donald Trump, Nov. 6, 2012.
Democrats are for minorities, unless you are a white male that lives in one of the red counties in rural America. Then you are a bigot and racist like B.O. and Clinton said-bitter Americans and deplorable and that enemies must be punished. The electoral college protects people like me, a minority, forgotten and unprotected and it is brilliant. I would say the same thing if it protected the other side. I don't care what Trump said in 2012, he's not a politician and best of all he cares about me; unlike B.O. and crooked, criminal, lying, cheating, filthy, dirty Clinton.
yep we are a democratic republic not a mob rules banana republic...I'd support a proportional electoral college like maine and nebraska, otherwise, I'm fine...Funny as soon as the blue wall states collapsed the left wants the electoral college to be gone, prior to the election it was "hillary's blue wall" was impenetrable...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: I'll ask you if you think Trump isn't a conservative after his second Supreme Court pick. Or perhaps you have a different version of what a conservative is.
Based on his list, the judges Trump has been advised to appoint certainly pull to the right. Worse case for liberals, SCOTUS could go as far as 7-2 conservative. But SCOTUS generally hears a few dozen cases per year, so the larger (though not final) influence remains with the lower courts.

And it will be fascinating to see what happens when a Trump appointee rules against him.
SCOTUS may only hear a few dozen cases, but they pick the most influential, policy altering cases to hear. I'm not sure overall if SCOTUS has less influence as you posit.

I don't think we'll have to wait until an adversarial Trump ruling occurs to be entertained by politics. We have Kzone for that, as well as the Clintons, and Congress. And now The Donald.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

electoral college:

if people want govt that is by and for people like them stop giving immense wide-sweeping power to the federal govt...have them involved only in the bare essentials for running the country and restore states rights....right now our electoral college prevents mob rule...and if any of you imagine that the blue urban areas have the same ideas about what gov should do/provide as the few blue sparsely populated rural/resort areas have you're bigly mistaken...not a whole lot of people in the blue states of vt, maine, nh, RI vs the rest of those blue areas...so unless you want the rest of the blue areas to speak for you popular vote is probably not gonna be so good for you....I'd maybe be for proportional voting like Maine and nebraska, but that's probably not so good for the left either huh?
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:electoral college:

if people want govt that is by and for people like them stop giving immense wide-sweeping power to the federal govt...have them involved only in the bare essentials for running the country and restore states rights....right now our electoral college prevents mob rule...and if any of you imagine that the blue urban areas have the same ideas about what gov should do/provide as the few blue sparsely populated rural/resort areas have you're bigly mistaken...not a whole lot of people in the blue states of vt, maine, nh, RI vs the rest of those blue areas...so unless you want the rest of the blue areas to speak for you popular vote is probably not gonna be so good for you....I'd maybe be for proportional voting like Maine and nebraska, but that's probably not so good for the left either huh?
I guess the Founding Fathers knew what they were doing when the setup the EC.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:electoral college:

I guess the Founding Fathers knew what they were doing when the setup the EC.
The Electoral College was set up because the founders didn't fully trust the populace. It was one of the several checks and balances built into the constitution and it still serves to protect the minority (i.e. smaller, more rural states) from being controlled by the largest, most populated states with large urban areas. Democrats lose those areas because they are wedded to urban problems and urban needs and they rarely win the White House without at least tempering their urban based agenda with concern for others. Obama, as the first African American candidate of a major party, only bucked that trend through overwhelming black support.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... -its-polls" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dliscious
mach es sehr schnell

Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, Chris Christie. I guess they aren't part of the swamp. I think I'm confused one what the constitutes the swamp. I'm ready for enlightenment.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Trump doesn't owe the snowflakes happiness. Obama relished turning the tide and upsetting the establishment. If you want to go to college you better GET A JOB.

If you know of any illegals please report them so they can be deported. It's going to be a beautiful wall.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:Trump doesn't owe the snowflakes happiness. Obama relished turning the tide and upsetting the establishment. If you want to go to college you better GET A JOB.

If you know of any illegals please report them so they can be deported. It's going to be a beautiful wall.
many many wonderful people are saying this...
mach es sehr schnell

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

The electoral college was set up to prevent a tyranny of the majority of heavily populated states. Similar to the compromise in the legislature. The number of representatives from each state for the House is determined by population and Senate representation is equal for all states. Further, the Senate is given even more power, by longer terms to separate the will of the people and empower individual states.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

Pence now in charge of the transition plans.

Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Do you feel used yet?
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus