T R U M P vs. Hillary - who wins?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Trump Vs. Hillary - who wins?

Post by Bubba »

Meanwhile, back to reality...

5 Reasons the Trump Immigration Plan Doesn’t Pass the Reality Test

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/08/1 ... AifQ%3D%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Meanwhile, back in the real reality:

http://www.businessinsider.com/why-peop ... ump-2015-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The focus group should not be considered representative of the Republican Party as a whole, or of the electorate in early states like Iowa and New Hampshire. But their unwavering support indicates that there may be nothing that can take down Trump.

"This is a different cat. This is a different phenomenon," Luntz told reporters after conducting the focus group.

"This is real. I'm having trouble processing it. Like, my legs are shaking," he added.

"I want to put the Republican leadership behind this mirror and let them see. They need to wake up. They don't realize how the grassroots have abandoned them. Donald Trump is punishment to a Republican elite that wasn’t listening to their grassroots."
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

VERY INTERESTING.

http://www.oann.com/pollnational/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

So, you did read the rolling stone interview, right...?

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... y-20150909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In all the hysteria, however, what's often missed are the qualities that brought Trump here. You don't do a fraction of what he's done in life — dominate New York real estate for decades, build the next grand Xanadus for the super-rich on the far shores of Dubai and Istanbul, run the prime-time ratings table for more than 10 years and earn a third (or sixth) fortune at it – without being immensely cunning and deft, a top-of-the-food-chain killer. Over the course of 10 days and several close-in encounters, I got to peer behind the scrim of his bluster and self-mythos and get a very good look at the man. What I saw was enough to make me take him dead serious. If you're waiting for Trump to blow himself up in a Hindenburg of gaffes or hate speech, you're in for a long, cold fall and winter. Donald Trump is here for the duration — and gaining strength and traction by the hour.
There, in those words, is his campaign. I am strong; politicians are weak. I speak truth and never retreat; they lie and wave the white flag to our foes. They have stripped us bare; I will build us back, make this country feared the whole world over. Everything he utters is a version of this, dressed in different raiment or reference — and he's saying it to people, his "silent majority," who have longed to hear these words since Richard Nixon. "He's delivering a message of power and courage without any proof points called policy," says Steve Schmidt, the Republican wise man and campaign warhorse who's been watching Trump with mounting fascination. "A huge chunk of conservatives are unmoored from the issues. What moves them is his tone and attack on Republicans who they hold in complete contempt."
That assault on the bad rich, the takers and job exporters, is the second masterstroke of his campaign. He's not just spurning their money, he's spilling the beans on them, outing the ways in which they've gamed the system to enrich themselves and co-opt the Republican Party. "Because he knows Wall Street and because he doesn't need its money to campaign, it seems like he could actually fight his fellow elites and win," wrote Ross Douthat in an op-ed piece for The New York Times titled "Donald Trump, Traitor to His Class."

"I have senators flying in from Washington to New York, and I gave to everybody," says Trump in his office. "Why? Because that was business: When I went to see them, they were always nice. If I'd said no, then went back to them and said I needed help on a tax code — zero chance; they'd say, 'f*** him!' That's not a good thing for our country, but that's the system, and the public understands it better than anybody."

Nor do his conservative heresies stop there. He's called for immediate tax hikes on hedge-fund profits; tax hikes for the ultrawealthy like himself to pay for sweeping cuts for the middle class; vast spending increases on health care in general and for veterans and women in particular; huge capital investments in the country's infrastructure, beginning with roads and bridges; and a wartime-era ramp-up of the Defense Department budget to "make our military so strong that nobody would mess with us." How would he plow such mandates through a Congress that is run by the very party he's betraying? And where does he find the money to do these things when he himself says we're nearing the point of no return on a deficit of $19 trillion? His answer on this and all matters fiscal is the canard about capital clawbacks: "I'd renegotiate trade deals so that our country becomes rich again," he says, "and end deals where car manufacturers go to other countries. I'm gonna have them built right here." For the moment, though, the "how" is beside the point. What counts is that he's hijacked the party's base out from under the noses of its bosses, taken it clean away from Jeb Bush and Karl Rove and stashed it in a place they'll never find it. If nothing else comes of his remarkable run, he'll have done us all a priceless favor, showing the angry right that the Republican Party is run by, for and about the very rich.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

This is the best showing I've seen of Trump thus far.

http://on.wsj.com/1QxLubL
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -gop-base/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Other than the fact that Trump is not the fool their snobbery assured them he was, something else #GOPSmartSet doesn’t want to come to terms with is that Trump is already running a general election campaign. What Our GOP Betters describe this as conservative impurity, in reality Trump is making a serious play to expand the Republican base in a way that will assure him The Ultimate Prize.

The media tells us Trump is throwing red meat at the Republican base.

But he’s not.

The Establishment tells us Trump avoids policy.

But he doesn’t.

Everyone tells us Trump is alienating too many people to win a general election.

But he’s not.

By nature and training, Trump is a gambler, a speculator, and anyone who closely watched his speech Monday night before 20,000 highly charged Texas conservatives should be able to see what he is up to. If you watched his speech with your snobby #SmartSet glasses on, of course you missed it. If you’re in the media, and you watched the speech with your Gotcha! glasses on, of course you missed it.

Those of us outside a provincial bubble saw the following…

Trump got 20,000 Texas conservatives to applaud at the idea of taxing the rich.

Trump got 20,000 Texas conservatives to applaud at the idea of President Trump muscling a CEO not to move his company overseas — an Obama-esque abuse of executive power.

Trump got 20,000 Texas conservatives to applaud at the idea of rethinking free trade.

Trump got 20,000 Texas conservatives to applaud when he said he would not shred Obama’s Iran deal on day one but would instead try to make it work with stronger inspections.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Trump is already playing to Democrats and Independants.........lookout.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... trump.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

What did I say about breaking "glass houses"?
The Evolution of the MEDIA:

*He won’t run
*He’s not serious
*He has funny hair, we hate funny hair
*Bankruptcy!!! OH NOES! (pretend it’s not legal, mmmkay?)
*He won’t file his candidacy papers
*He’s never held public office. He can’t win.
*He won’t connect with the voters
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to Univision
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to Nascar
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to Macy’s
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to ESPN
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to McCain
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize on demand, period.
*He’ll never poll well. He’s finished.
*He’ll never lead in the polls. He’s finished.
*He’ll never file his financials. He’s finished.
*He’s offended all veterans. He’s finished.
*He thinks raping his wife is dandy. He’s finished.
*Some contrived, bizzaro crap about breastfeeding. WTF?
*He’s against Amnesty. He’s finished.
*He’s for Amnesty. He’s finished.
*Just scream Amnesty…it’ll dazzle everybody
*He doesn’t really want to be President. He’s finished.
*He said stuff about blood! OMG OMG! He’s finished!
*He’ll be exposed in the debates and fail miserably. He’s finished.
*Frank Luntz said Trump has collapsed. He’s finished.
*Redstate claims he won’t make it to Iowa. He’s finished.
*George Will says Trump can’t sit down to tea & talk to voters. Finished!
*He’s offended all women. He’s finished.
*He’s just a carnival barker. He’s finished.
*He won’t last,he’s done after tomorrow….err..next week…err…next month
*He can’t defeat Bush, He’s finished.
*He can’t beat Hillary ,it’s already been decided
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to Megyn Kelly
*He falsely claimed he’s Batman. He’s Finished.
*He insulted Mexicans again by beating up poor Jorge Ramos
*He’s not a REAL conservative (in Spanish!), He’s finished.
*He won’t sign the Pledge. He’s a jerk. He’s finished.
*He DID sign the Pledge. He’s a jerk.. He’s finished.
*He thinks Candidates should speak English! OH THE HORROR! Finished.
*He failed the Hugh Hewitt Trivia Quiz of Crap
*Foreign policy is much more important than immigration. Trump is finished.
*His 5 second comment re: Syrian Refugees = Detailed Amnesty Policy!
*He joked about Carly’s face! OMG OMG OMG. He’s finished!
*He won’t apologize to Carly. He’s Finished.
*He won’t apologize to Carson. He’s Finished.
*He can’t win without the Evangelicals. He’s Finished.
*Bobby Jindal called him names. He’s Finished.
*Ben Carson questions Trump’s faith. OMG! He’s finished.
*The country wants a Minister not a CEO. He’s Finished!
*Scott Walker drops out. This is bad for Trump. He’s finished!,
*Greg Gutfield thinks Trump is a clown. He’s Finished!
*His poll numbers are down. He’s still in the lead. He’s Finished!
*Trump won’t give us details. He’s finished!
*Trump releases 2nd Amend policy details. Ignore it! He’s finished!
*He’s finished if he doesn’t apologize to all Muslims.
*Carly won the debate. His poll numbers are down. He’s finished!
*Trump fatigue is upon the electorate. He’s Finished!
*Some random dude said “Obama is a Muslim”. It’s Trump’s fault. He’s finished.
*Trump MUST apologize for random “Obama is a Muslim” dude
*He’s finished if he won’t apologize to Jeb!s wife
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... news-poll/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Don't expect Trump to go away anytime soon, especially with New York Times writing positive articles about him:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/magaz ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But what was more compelling to me about both the speech and the spirit of the room was how nonideological it all was. Other than undocumented immigrants, who represent a go-to boogeyman for the right, Trump’s targets consisted of a bipartisan assembly of the ‘‘permanent political class’’ that Joan Didion described in her book ‘‘Political Fictions’’: that incestuous band of TV talkers, campaign strategists and candidates that had ‘‘rigged the game’’ and perpetuated the scripted awfulness of our politics. ‘‘Everyone knows that what you see in politics is fake or confected,’’ Didion wrote. ‘‘But everyone’s O.K. with that, because it’s all been focus-­grouped.’’

Resentment of this class has built over several years. It has been expressed on both sides, by the rise of insurgent movements like the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street (Trump’s railing against fund-­raiser ‘‘blood money,’’ ‘‘bloodsucker’’ lobbyists and Wall Street ‘‘paper pushers’’ would play well across the board). As a reporter in Washington, I, too, have grown exceedingly weary of this world — the familiar faces, recycled tropes and politics as usual — and here was none other than Donald J. Trump, the billionaire blowhard whom I had resisted as a cartoonish demagogue, defiling it with resonance. He tacked not to the left or to the right, but against the ‘‘losers’’ and ‘‘scumbags’’ in the various chapters of the club: the pundits who ‘‘wear heavy glasses’’ and ‘‘sit around the table,’’ the ‘‘political hacks’’ selling out American interests overseas. Karl Rove ‘‘is a totally incompetent jerk,’’ Trump told the crowd in Dallas, referring to the Fox News commentator and chief Republican strategist of the George W. Bush years. The crowd went nuts at the Rove put-down, which in itself is remarkable — the ‘‘architect’’ of Bush’s political ride being abused by a right-­leaning crowd in Bush’s home state.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:Don't expect Trump to go away anytime soon, especially with New York Times writing positive articles about him:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/04/magaz ... .html?_r=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But what was more compelling to me about both the speech and the spirit of the room was how nonideological it all was. Other than undocumented immigrants, who represent a go-to boogeyman for the right, Trump’s targets consisted of a bipartisan assembly of the ‘‘permanent political class’’ that Joan Didion described in her book ‘‘Political Fictions’’: that incestuous band of TV talkers, campaign strategists and candidates that had ‘‘rigged the game’’ and perpetuated the scripted awfulness of our politics. ‘‘Everyone knows that what you see in politics is fake or confected,’’ Didion wrote. ‘‘But everyone’s O.K. with that, because it’s all been focus-­grouped.’’

Resentment of this class has built over several years. It has been expressed on both sides, by the rise of insurgent movements like the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street (Trump’s railing against fund-­raiser ‘‘blood money,’’ ‘‘bloodsucker’’ lobbyists and Wall Street ‘‘paper pushers’’ would play well across the board). As a reporter in Washington, I, too, have grown exceedingly weary of this world — the familiar faces, recycled tropes and politics as usual — and here was none other than Donald J. Trump, the billionaire blowhard whom I had resisted as a cartoonish demagogue, defiling it with resonance. He tacked not to the left or to the right, but against the ‘‘losers’’ and ‘‘scumbags’’ in the various chapters of the club: the pundits who ‘‘wear heavy glasses’’ and ‘‘sit around the table,’’ the ‘‘political hacks’’ selling out American interests overseas. Karl Rove ‘‘is a totally incompetent jerk,’’ Trump told the crowd in Dallas, referring to the Fox News commentator and chief Republican strategist of the George W. Bush years. The crowd went nuts at the Rove put-down, which in itself is remarkable — the ‘‘architect’’ of Bush’s political ride being abused by a right-­leaning crowd in Bush’s home state.
It was positive in the sense that it wasn't negative to any great extent. It was more "observational" than anything else.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump walk into a bar and grab a booth. Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says:

“The media is really tearing you apart for that scandal.”

Hillary: “You mean the State Dept. lying about Benghazi?”
Trump: “No, the other one.”

Hillary: “You mean voter fraud?”

Hillary: “You mean the military not getting their votes counted?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything else?”

Hillary: “Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million and right after it declared bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?”

Hillary: “You mean Obama arming the Muslim Brotherhood?”
Trump: “No the other one:”

Hillary: “The IRS targeting conservatives?”

Hillary: “The DOJ spying on the press?”

Hillary: “Sebelius shaking down health insurance executives?”

Hillary: “Giving SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 months later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?”

Hillary: “The NSA monitoring citizens’ phone calls, emails and everything else?”

Hillary: “Obama’s ordering the release of nearly 10,000 illegal immigrants from jails and prisons, and falsely blaming the sequester?”

Hillary: “Obama’s threat to impose gun control by Executive Order in order to bypass Congress?”

Hillary: “Obama’s repeated violation of the law requiring me to submit a budget no later than the first Monday in February?”

Hillary: “The 2012 vote where 115% of all registered voters in some counties voted 100% for Obama?”

Hillary: “Obama’s unconstitutional recess appointments in an attempt to circumvent the Senate’s advise-and-consent role?”

Hillary: “The State Department interfering with an Inspector General investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?”

Hillary: “Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?”

Hillary: “I give up! … Oh wait, I think I got it! You mean that 65 million low-information voters who don’t pay taxes and get free stuff from taxpayers and stuck citizens again with the most pandering, corrupt administration in American history?”
Trump: “THAT’S THE ONE!”
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Don't expect Trump to go away anytime soon, especially with New York Times writing positive articles about him:

It was positive in the sense that it wasn't negative to any great extent. It was more "observational" than anything else.
These days, an unbiased, observational article is positive.

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The 199 Most Donald Trump Things Donald Trump Has Ever Said

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... est-121328" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

The Coming Danger of the ‘Throw the Bums Out’ 2016 Election

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2 ... AifQ%3D%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Trump Turns to Race-Baiting and 9/11 Fantasies

The Fiscal Times
By Rob Garver

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-tur ... 00850.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald