T R U M P vs. Hillary - who wins?

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: T R U M P vs. Hillary - who wins?

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:2020 senate race breakdown

http://2020.state-election.info/senate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

haven;t had time to analyze it but a quick glance shows a fair number of R's in "safe" states/seats...W/o a strong R rejection of trump or with any amount of support that propels trump to a second term it's gonna be a long time before the country is singing the blues again...Few seats will flip in either house if trump gets a second term...

as we saw this year the D's only had a chance to take the senate IF they put up a winning candidate for president...an opportunity made to be even stronger by the "fact" that the D's had ( imagined they had) a shoo in for a "third term" presidency...in contrast had the R's had the 2018 senate race in 2016 we'd be looking at a supermajority...

I don't see ANY chance of a blue revolution in governorships w the R's now holding 33 of them and having won 31 states in the electoral college...the downside to having all your constituents in a handful of states w huge city populations becomes apparent here...Most of flyover country is deep red, their state and local govts will remain red and their US representatives will also remain red...

are D's done? hahahah I doubt that, but just like the R's had to remake themselves in a populist manner, the D's will need to seek true diversity... not the pseudo diversity they have championed during the last 10+ years, but true inclusiveness...

otherwise we'll see another campaign w the same depth as the "vote for me I squat to pee" campaign HRC just ran...

you'd almost think bill gets his talking points from the 'hatter...

( scroll to the 1:00 mark to skip the intro)
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/11/15/d ... n-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'The Data Doesn't Lie': Trump's Digital Guru Explains How They Won the Election
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
are D's done? hahahah I doubt that, but just like the R's had to remake themselves in a populist manner, the D's will need to seek true diversity... not the pseudo diversity they have championed during the last 10+ years, but true inclusiveness....
I agree, the D's are not done now, just as the R's were not done in 2008. The "out of power" party usually is the one remaking themselves, while the "in power" party always seems to try to push things too far off of center (just my opinion). I think this is why the pendulum keeps swinging back and forth over time.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... ey-general" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeff Sessions Accepts Trump's Offer To Serve As US Attorney General
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:
are D's done? hahahah I doubt that, but just like the R's had to remake themselves in a populist manner, the D's will need to seek true diversity... not the pseudo diversity they have championed during the last 10+ years, but true inclusiveness....
I agree, the D's are not done now, just as the R's were not done in 2008. The "out of power" party usually is the one remaking themselves, while the "in power" party always seems to try to push things too far off of center (just my opinion). I think this is why the pendulum keeps swinging back and forth over time.
what do you think of keith ellison as DNC chair?
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Abe Says Trump "Is A Leader We Can Trust", Gives Him A Golf Club As Present
“He made time for me, even though he is busy with personnel matters,” Abe said after the meeting. “I am convinced that President-elect Trump is a leader we can trust.” The pair agreed to meet again for broader and deeper talks when their schedules allow, he said.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-1 ... rector-cia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meet Mike Pompeo, The New Director Of The CIA
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 32390.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump Offers National Security Adviser Job to Flynn
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:
I'm not really a fan. Will be interesting to see if he really gets it.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:
boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:
I'm not really a fan. Will be interesting to see if he really gets it.
he'll be a great fit for them...all that was missing from the D's last run was divisiveness...ellison will surely bring plenty of that...

http://www.allenbwest.com/analytical-ec ... ing-muslim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

back to MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /94063232/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ford to Trump: We' ll make Lincolns in Kentucky, not Mexico
Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford has told President-elect Donald Trump that the automaker no longer plans to move production of its Lincoln MKC luxury SUV from Louisville to Mexico.

Ford currently makes both the Ford Escape compact SUV and the MKC in Louisville. Ford said last year it planned to move MKC production to another plant so it could increase production of the Escape. The automaker said at the time no jobs would be lost in Louisville because of plans to boost Escape production.

all this as president elect, wait til he actually gets in office with his pen and phone...best to not stand on the tracks if ya don't want to get run over...
mach es sehr schnell

Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:back to MAKING AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /94063232/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ford to Trump: We' ll make Lincolns in Kentucky, not Mexico
Ford Executive Chairman Bill Ford has told President-elect Donald Trump that the automaker no longer plans to move production of its Lincoln MKC luxury SUV from Louisville to Mexico.

Ford currently makes both the Ford Escape compact SUV and the MKC in Louisville. Ford said last year it planned to move MKC production to another plant so it could increase production of the Escape. The automaker said at the time no jobs would be lost in Louisville because of plans to boost Escape production.

all this as president elect, wait til he actually gets in office with his pen and phone...best to not stand on the tracks if ya don't want to get run over...
By union contract, they can't cut jobs there, so the plan was to move production of the Lincoln to Mexico and increase production of the Escape in Kentucky. Note that the statement says they will continue making the Lincoln in KY but does not say they will continue making or expanding the Escape there too. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Ford begins making more Escapes in Mexico in order to manage their costs instead of moving the MKC. In fact, as a lower margin vehicle, assembly in Mexico could end up being the better decision longer term.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Ironic .. more 'Escapes' from Mexico ..
How they gonna get over that dang wall? :shock:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Sen. Sessions WILL go after Cankle and the foundation. The whole syndicate will go down. Mark my words...
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bubba wrote:
madhatter wrote: Ford to Trump: We' ll make Lincolns in Kentucky, not Mexico

By union contract, they can't cut jobs there, so the plan was to move production of the Lincoln to Mexico and increase production of the Escape in Kentucky. Note that the statement says they will continue making the Lincoln in KY but does not say they will continue making or expanding the Escape there too. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Ford begins making more Escapes in Mexico in order to manage their costs instead of moving the MKC. In fact, as a lower margin vehicle, assembly in Mexico could end up being the better decision longer term.
I think Ford is reading the tea leaves, not waiting for actual legislative change. Overall, I have no problem with many jobs remaining in Mexico, preferably lower skilled jobs where labor costs figure heavily into the price of a product. In a highly automated plant, where the jobs are programming, maintenance and repairs, engineering, and design, those jobs should remain here. In addition, Mexico should be required to maintain a balance of trade with us. Buy our raw materials, parts, or even finished cars. Teaching China to build jet engines seems to me a good example of a trade mistake. Those are high precision jobs.

Bubba, union contracts can be changed. Unions will vote for it if they realize it is in their best interest. What unions need to learn, and some may have already learned, is that saving a percentage of higher than market jobs benefits no one in the long run. The company sheds production to a lower cost provider and those last high paying jobs dry up when the plant closes. We've seen it with AT&T, we've seen it with GM, we've seen it with PanAm. If the union can be competitive by forgoing a raise, taking less retirement, and if those changes are better than no jobs at all to the membership, the contract can be amended. Unions have now seen plants close while union leaders keep their jobs, and that can't be lost on them.

America in many cases can no longer earn a living with unskilled labor if it can be done overseas. To compete with Mexico and China our workers need something that Mexico and China doesn't have. Those things are proximity and education. There are jobs like plowing your driveway that can't be done in China or Mexico. If there is no proximity need, then we have to be smarter, more automated, more efficient, and need to adapt to changes in the marketplace.