Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Trump Vs. Hillary - who wins?

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Debate tomorrow!
Thankfully I'm traveling and unable to see it.
Thanks for the update Ty. :mrgreen:
The key word there was "Thankfully". :P
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Bubba wrote:
freeski wrote:
Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:Debate tomorrow!
Thankfully I'm traveling and unable to see it.
Thanks for the update Ty. :mrgreen:
The key word there was "Thankfully". :P
Thank goodness we live in the good old USA where we are allowed to watch or do something else. I will not be watching. I might skim the paper tomorrow for how the media THINKS they did.
thedev
Black Carver

Post by thedev »

Hillary, neither will be president though
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

And now the Donald does it again...

http://news.yahoo.com/trump-dumped-from ... 28606.html#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

How can he possibly think he can get away with some of the things he says? He had a shot, but has proven he does not have the temperament or intelligence to be president. Presidents don't call everyone they disagree with losers. He is childish like a spoiled brat.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:How can he possibly think he can get away with some of the things he says? He had a shot, but has proven he does not have the temperament or intelligence to be president. Presidents don't call everyone they disagree with losers. He is childish like a spoiled brat.
Obama doesn't seem to have a problem calling republicans names.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

steamboat1 wrote:
freeski wrote:How can he possibly think he can get away with some of the things he says? He had a shot, but has proven he does not have the temperament or intelligence to be president. Presidents don't call everyone they disagree with losers. He is childish like a spoiled brat.
Obama doesn't seem to have a problem calling republicans names.
Obama was smart enough to wait until he was president. Plus, Obama would never stoop to Trump's level. Obama calls people names to make a political point. Trump calls people names because he can't control himself. Obama will slow down a conversation to think of the right words when he his going to say something controversial. Trump speaks off the cuff which is refreshing, but not when he's rude.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

An actual honest profile of Trump's campaigning from a liberal source, worth reading:

http://www.gq.com/story/trump-supporter ... paign-iowa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

The electablity spin is now coming into play with trump and sanders:

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/13/9145091/be ... rs-problem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Hum, did anyone else see this coming?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-clinton ... 1439507369" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1265893003 ... z3iwhe1pSJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trump literally wrote the book on negotiating, called The Art of the Deal. So we know he is familiar with the finer points of persuasion. For our purposes today, persuasion, hypnosis, and negotiating all share a common set of tools, so I will conflate them.

Would Trump use his negotiation and persuasion skills in the campaign? Of course he would. And we expect him to do just that.

If you’re keeping score, in the past month Trump has bitch-slapped the entire Republican Party, redefined our expectations of politics, focused the national discussion on immigration, proposed the only new idea for handling ISIS, and taken functional control of FOX News. And I don’t think he put much effort into it. Imagine what he could do if he gave up golf.

As far as I can tell, Trump’s “crazy talk” is always in the correct direction for a skilled persuader. When Trump sets an “anchor” in your mind, it is never random. And it seems to work every time.

Now that Trump owns FOX, and I see how well his anchor trick works with the public, I’m going to predict he will be our next president. I think he will move to the center on social issues (already happening) and win against Clinton in a tight election.
:shock:

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Platte River Networks states to ABC news: "It is highly likely a full backup copy [of the Clinton server] was made"
Uh-oh.

And this:

Veteran Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward on Monday compared the email controversy engulfing Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to the downfall of President Richard Nixon.

On MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward, who through his reporting helped break open the Watergate scandal, said it's at least suspicious that Clinton's emails from her tenure as secretary of state were wiped away from a server she owned privately.

"Follow the trail here," Woodward said. "There are all these emails. Well, they were sent to someone or someone sent them to her. So, if things have been erased here, there's a way to go back to these emails or who received them from Hillary Clinton. So, you've got a massive amount of data in a way, reminds me of the Nixon tapes: Thousands of hours of secretly recorded conversations that Nixon thought were exclusively his."

"It's extraordinary," Woodward said. "Again, it's the volume: 60,000 emails and Hillary Clinton has said 30,000 of them, half, were personal and they were deleted. Who decided that? What's on those emails? I would love to have all 60,000, read them. It would be a character study about her personal life and also what she did as secretary of state. And step back for a moment. The big question about Hillary Clinton is, who is she? Is she this secretive hidden person or is she this valiant public servant? Look at those 60,000 emails and you're going to get some answers."

Woodward added, "This has to go on a long long time; the answers are probably not going to be pretty."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bob-w ... le/2570299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The parallel a Nixonian reporter is making is strong stuff. And on MSNBC, no less. This while the count is now up to 60 classified emails found so far, and 305 flagged for further investigation. If and when Platte River hands over their copy, there will be a lot more fallout. This isn't going to get better very soon. CBS spent a lot of time on it on Face the Nation yesterday, very telling. A long time Hillary supporter went public on no longer supporting her, and would no longer vote for her. If Hillary was a stock, I'd be selling it short big time. How long before her "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" shifts to "It depends on what the definition of CLASSIFIED is"?
Last edited by Mister Moose on Aug 17th, '15, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

These ladies ask the tough questions. :like

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Very well written comment from a WaPo article:
Interesting headline, as usual, “Trump Candidacy Getting Scary…”. I say interesting because actually no one is talking about legal migrants or immigrants, so unless you are breaking the law, why be scared?. The debate in this country pertains to illegal aliens, who are in the country and entering it in numbers that are overwhelming our ability to safely deal with. I suppose all recognize this reality excepting those who are willfully deceiving themselves or attempting to co-opt and control the dialog, the semantics if you will, which leads to which phrases and words will be allowed in the debate by the lefts word police.

A not so great man, Alinski, once wrote that to control the verbiage is to gain the ability to distort what is being said without being recognized as doing so. It also allows one to paint their opponent as, as the left loves to say, insensitive, old fashioned, and yes, even that same worn out old saw, racist, and all without having to even compose in one’s mind a single cogent thought, but by mere name calling. Now this could be quite a racket except for the fact that it takes at least two to play and I don’t play that game, unless of course I get to deal.

So now, back to the issue at hand; Mr. Trumps plans for dealing with the non-enforcement of our border laws and the reasons they are being ignored.

One; as the democrat party veers further and further left, so far left in fact that it has no confidence in its ability to trick Americans into voting for them much longer, they feel compelled to simply import a new voter base. And what better way to do it than to use our tax money to lure the illegals here with free goods and services then induce them farther by awarding them our jobs, at least many of the entry level and lower mid-level jobs typically occupied by teens and minorities. Now I have the perfect segue to point

Two; keeping the poor, well, frankly, poor! The democrats feel that they are indeed the party of the poor, which is utterly false unless you count the democrats impact in making vast numbers of the American people remain poor. The democrats feel poor folks will preferentially support them so they do their level best with their idiotic economic and social policies to keep the poor hopeless by awarding their jobs to illegal immigrants who will work for a mere portion of the wage Americans need to maintain the standard of living we deserve in this country. They do this by importing ever more workers for a relatively stagnant number of jobs depressing the wages.

This is only a small part of this debate and yet here we have the talking heads, of both parties screaming their heads off that this will be the end of civilization as we know it when in fact, it may only be the end of civilization as they know it because some of their money may dry up. Good!

You see, if we can pass some of these laws as well as enforce those we already have, as does Mexico, Honduras, Panama, Columbia, you name it, we may put a sizable dent in the special interest monies flowing to the entrenched old timers running Washington D.C.. We need to begin putting people before the elites, families before foreigners and our American children ahead of foreign kids. We need to stop democrat voting anchor babies and every other outside interest who does not have the best interest of the United States in mind.

Let them go home, let them stay home and build their own nations into places they can be proud of. Let them do the hard work of installing honest and just institutions. Institutions one may trust their own and their children’s futures with. Let them do the necessary hard work imperative to ones being able to enjoy and cherish the hard won fruits of those labors and sacrifices so necessary to a free nation. These things they must do themselves as that is what is necessary for generation after generation to treasure and properly value those fruits.

Rich
McKeever

12:49 PM EDT [Edited]
in New Mexico.
Crappy article in question: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Trump is driving the bus now.....