Hollywood trash

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Hollywood trash

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Still a cheater.
And that's what his legacy is going to be.

Nobody ever says "Bradshaw cheated his way to his rings" or "Staubach's Cowboy's filmed the other teams playbooks on the sideline" or "Montana altered the psi in the footballs he threw during those championship years". These guys and those teams will be remembered for their talent, their championships and their great teams. The way it should be.

This Patriot team will be remembered for cheating. Right or wrong, that is how people will remember this team and that is how people will remember Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Right or wrong, that's the legacy that Bob and Bill and Tom will leave behind. I'm sure that's just fine with their fans. They got their rings and they will always have them.

The fans of the other 31 teams, and their kids, and their kid's kids, etc. etc. will remember the cheating, not the championships. Right or wrong, that's the legacy these Patriots will leave behind.

It is what it is.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:

Nobody ever says "Bradshaw cheated his way to his rings" or "Staubach's Cowboy's filmed the other teams playbooks on the sideline" or "Montana altered the psi in the footballs he threw during those championship years". These guys and those teams will be remembered for their talent, their championships and their great teams. The way it should be.

This Patriot team will be remembered for cheating. Right or wrong, that is how people will remember this team and that is how people will remember Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Right or wrong, that's the legacy that Bob and Bill and Tom will leave behind. I'm sure that's just fine with their fans. They got their rings and they will always have them.

The fans of the other 31 teams, and their kids, and their kid's kids, etc. etc. will remember the cheating, not the championships. Right or wrong, that's the legacy these Patriots will leave behind.

It is what it is.
Agree 100 percent. Their legacy of cheating, lying and corruption is set in stone.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

madhatter wrote:Image
Yes, that will be the legacy for their fans, and only their fans. The rest of us, see my post above.
Last edited by junior on Sep 4th, '15, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

It is what it is.
Agree 100 percent. Their legacy of cheating, lying and corruption is set in stone.
Remember if YOU believe it, it's not a lie.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
Yes, that will be the legacy for their fans, and only their fans. The rest of us, see my post above.
yep, that's what everyone else says about the yanks... I just tell them to check the record books and get back to me...

last I checked:

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:
yep, that's what everyone else says about the yanks... I just tell them to check the record books and get back to me...
Although I agree with you, I think the Yankees are a different story. If you take away the steroid era in baseball, The Yankees would still have 22 World Series Championship Titles and the Redsox would still have 1918.

If you take away the "cheating era", the Patriots have the same number of Super Bowl Championships as the Eagles.

That's the difference.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:
Although I agree with you, I think the Yankees are a different story. If you take away the steroid era in baseball, The Yankees would still have 22 World Series Championship Titles and the Redsox would still have 1918.

If you take away the "cheating era", the Patriots have the same number of Super Bowl Championships as the Eagles.

That's the difference.
the difference is all of those "if's" are hypothetical...the rings are very real...like it or not that is what the record books will show...
mach es sehr schnell

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

A troll is gonna troll Maddie.

He's just so pathetic doing it he should use his other persona to do it.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:

That's the difference.
the difference is all of those "if's" are hypothetical...the rings are very real...like it or not that is what the record books will show...
Which is why I said I agreed with you. Keep in mind that the legacy of cheating will be just as real as those rings. The difference is that the legacy doesn't go into the record books. The rings do. I agreed with you on that right from the get go.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:
junior wrote:

That's the difference.
Which is why I said I agreed with you. Keep in mind that the legacy of cheating will be just as real as those rings. The difference is that the legacy doesn't go into the record books. The rings do. I agreed with you on that right from the get go.
same as "yankees suck" is real to some people... ya have to defer to the record books for clarity...otherwise there is none...
mach es sehr schnell

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

"same as "yankees suck" is real to some people"

??
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Speaking of cheating, here are some that actually happened

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Geoff wrote:Speaking of cheating, here are some that actually happened
Hey, that was only done for on field safety - ask Don Shula.