Long Hair
14%

Total votes: 22

Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Re: OT Short Hair or Long Hair

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

shortski wrote:Image

I like the long hair because that is the breed standard. (If groomed on a daily basis!) Either way, they are still the cutest furkids! Aussies aren't suppose to get groomed either, they say if you brush them out really good every day and take special care during shedding season (NOW) they don't need haircuts.

A well informed, good doggy daddy would take the time to brush their little furkids every day! :D :D :D

Care and Training: Cavalier King Charles Spaniels need weekly grooming with a firm bristle brush. Special attention should be given to their ears. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels should only be bathe when necessary. Minimal exercise is needed for Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, but they do enjoy a romp in the park or a backyard with a playmate. (just like their daddy! :twisted: )

Dog note: Most people don't know that the long hair on dogs is what keeps them warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Most people think that by shaving their dogs in the summer they are keeping it cool... NOT TRUE! Dogs need that hair to trap air in it which in turns keeps them cool... remember, they do not sweat nor are their systems anything like ours! They need their hair and it drives me crazy when I see beautiful long hair dogs like golden retreivers and english sheep dogs getting their hair cut short in the summer because the owner isn't informed correctly from the groomer or they just don't have/make the time. There probably isn't a groomer out there that will tell you not to shave your dog, think about it, they charge a lot of $$ for those cute haircuts... they aren't going to tell you that shaving your dog isn't good! But, if a dog has not been brushed regularly, and the hair grows and gets matted, a grooming is necessary... not necessarily a shave down...
JMHO...
Have a great day.
Stormin Aussie
lilywhite
Double Diamond Skidder

thought it was about you:)

Post by lilywhite »

voted on the doggy pics!