Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Red Sox "B" Boys Young Bucks . . .

Post by madhatter »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
brownman wrote:Take solace in the 27.

Getting to the #4 slot this season is what I'm referring to ... Bucky.

:Toast
yanks will seal the deal as far as a WC appearance I'd think, but hey who knows...sox fans are always gleeful about any postseason appearance as a measure of success, except when they don't make it...yanks may not be a powerhouse or the odds on favorite this year but they still make the "playoffs" nearly every season, a sort of bottom line of acceptable outcomes.. much easier to count the times they don't make it... With the sox it's quite the opposite...

I'm always happy to see the yanks make a postseason appearance though no doubt disappointed if they are eliminated at any point during... as any fan of any team would be in similar circumstances...
They haven't gotten there yet as the Sox refuse to lay down for them.

Three in a row against the EE's best pitchers.
nope... but they're not double digits out, not eliminated and still have a 2.5 game lead w what 4 games left to play? no one wants to back in of course but all sox fans got is yankee hatred to cheer for at this point...any real hopes they had for a postseason appearance ended in may...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:

yanks will seal the deal as far as a WC appearance I'd think, but hey who knows...sox fans are always gleeful about any postseason appearance as a measure of success, except when they don't make it...yanks may not be a powerhouse or the odds on favorite this year but they still make the "playoffs" nearly every season, a sort of bottom line of acceptable outcomes.. much easier to count the times they don't make it... With the sox it's quite the opposite...

I'm always happy to see the yanks make a postseason appearance though no doubt disappointed if they are eliminated at any point during... as any fan of any team would be in similar circumstances...

nope... but they're not double digits out, not eliminated and still have a 2.5 game lead w what 4 games left to play? no one wants to back in of course but all sox fans got is yankee hatred to cheer for at this point...any real hopes they had for a postseason appearance ended in may...
And your point is?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:

And your point is?
OH OH OH ..I know I know!!! (But I'll let you handle it Maddy, considering he is asking for "your point".)
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Bottom line ... #28 is not in sight.
Red Sox next year have a better chance than NY this year 8)

Limping into the WC game is an excellent exit strategy. :wink:
Angels/Astros ... doesn't matter. NY does not close games.

Big Picture ... Jays may 'have' the Cards ... figuratively and literally.

Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:yanks will seal the deal as far as a WC appearance I'd think, but hey who knows...sox fans are always gleeful about any postseason appearance as a measure of success, except when they don't make it...yanks may not be a powerhouse or the odds on favorite this year but they still make the "playoffs" nearly every season, a sort of bottom line of acceptable outcomes.. much easier to count the times they don't make it... With the sox it's quite the opposite...

And your point is?
OH OH OH ..I know I know!!! (But I'll let you handle it Maddy, considering he is asking for "your point".)
I thought it was quite clear...hopefully the big bold font helps clear things up...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Maybe if you type s-l-o-w-e-r he will get it.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

junior wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
madhatter wrote:yanks will seal the deal as far as a WC appearance I'd think, but hey who knows...sox fans are always gleeful about any postseason appearance as a measure of success, except when they don't make it...yanks may not be a powerhouse or the odds on favorite this year but they still make the "playoffs" nearly every season, a sort of bottom line of acceptable outcomes.. much easier to count the times they don't make it... With the sox it's quite the opposite...

And your point is?
I thought it was quite clear...hopefully the big bold font helps clear things up...[/quote]

I think we can stipulate to all those facts, so actually you had nothing new to add.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

To the statement beginning "All Sox fans have..."

Actually, it's no so bad that we don't have a horse in this race now.
Unlike many, at mid-May we didn't fall victim to the blind hope of a baseball World Championship this season.

Keep in mind, nearly all Sox fans are Patriot fans as well.
John Henry and Robert Kraft held a meeting on the subject and agreed...
The Duck Boats needed maintenance from all the Championship Parades of the last decade.

Torn tonight on whether to watch further Yankee implosion to 1.5 games up...
or to watch Ravens 'rub Vicks' all over the field.

Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Many Yankee fans, myself included, figured the Yankees would go nowhere this season and not come close to making the playoffs. Being where they are now, a couple games up with a few left to play to make the wildcard, is a victory in itself in my book.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Bubba wrote:Many Yankee fans, myself included, figured the Yankees would go nowhere this season and not come close to making the playoffs. Being where they are now, a couple games up with a few left to play to make the wildcard, is a victory in itself in my book.
Oh how the mighty have fallen ! With the highest payroll in all of the American League at $219,282,196 and 2nd in all of MLB , only the L.A. Dodgers have a higher payroll . So I doubt the organization shares your view .
By the way my Red Sox are 3rd in payroll and also look to finish 3rd in the AL.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:
Bubba wrote:Many Yankee fans, myself included, figured the Yankees would go nowhere this season and not come close to making the playoffs. Being where they are now, a couple games up with a few left to play to make the wildcard, is a victory in itself in my book.
Oh how the mighty have fallen ! With the highest payroll in all of the American League at $219,282,196 and 2nd in all of MLB , only the L.A. Dodgers have a higher payroll . So I doubt the organization shares your view .
By the way my Red Sox are 3rd in payroll and also look to finish 3rd in the AL.
Ya, typical EE fan revisionist history.

Could be a late game tonight as it's pouring at the Death Star.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Ya, typical EE fan revisionist history.

Could be a late game tonight as it's pouring at the Death Star.
:roll: Damn, you're dense. Every post I've written about the Yankees since spring training has said the same thing.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

bottom line is that NY is in the post season and Boston is playing golf next week......Last year both WS teams came out of the one game WC playoff.
Sox fans gave up on their team before the all star break....so much for the fenway faithful.

NY has been dreadful this week, that is true, but hopefully now they break out of the slump and go on a tear....they need to win just one game against the O's or one Houston loss to have the WC game played in the stadium...it aint over till its over..unless your a sox fan, then its over in the first half
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

BoozeTan wrote:bottom line is that NY is in the post season and Boston is playing golf next week......Last year both WS teams came out of the one game WC playoff.
Sox fans gave up on their team before the all star break....so much for the fenway faithful.

NY has been dreadful this week, that is true, but hopefully now they break out of the slump and go on a tear....they need to win just one game against the O's or one Houston loss to have the WC game played in the stadium...it aint over till its over..unless your a sox fan, then its over in the first half
mach es sehr schnell