Muslim Extremists Agenda

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Muslim Extremists Agenda

Post by Mister Moose »

So it took two pages to come to the conclusion that Atomic's statement implies extremists to most of us without it being expressly stated, and Deadhead can't sleep at night until it is expressly stated.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Yea, when I first wrote the tittle I figured everyone knew what I meant but then I realized I needed to be clearer . It even changed DHS's angle as he tried to save face and not come across as a Liberal Extremist with his last post . But to try and group the people DHS pictured into the group we were referring to is stupid because the conversation was about Syria , immigration , ISIS and Obama . Plus that ignorant reference of " they flew a few planes into building " tells me that DHS doesn't have a full grasp of what's going on in the world and that is why I posted a link to most of the horrific acts these Muslims have done in the past 10 +years.
So DHS who is going to fight your fight for you when these Muslim Extremists are here and pushing for Sharia law ? If you don't think it can happen here than think again because word is that it is taking hold in places like Detroit and Obama wants to bring in another 100,000 Muslims . Do you think some ISIS leaders will be in that group ? Why does Putin want to wipe out ISIS yet Obama wants to stop him ? And lastly do you trust Obama ? Those are the real issues here !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:Yea, when I first wrote the tittle I figured everyone knew what I meant but then I realized I needed to be clearer . It even changed DHS's angle as he tried to save face and not come across as a Liberal Extremist with his last post . But to try and group the people DHS pictured into the group we were referring to is stupid because the conversation was about Syria , immigration , ISIS and Obama . Plus that ignorant reference of " they flew a few planes into building " tells me that DHS doesn't have a full grasp of what's going on in the world and that is why I posted a link to most of the horrific acts these Muslims have done in the past 10 +years.
So DHS who is going to fight your fight for you when these Muslim Extremists are here and pushing for Sharia law ? If you don't think it can happen here than think again because word is that it is taking hold in places like Detroit and Obama wants to bring in another 100,000 Muslims . Do you think some ISIS leaders will be in that group ? Why does Putin want to wipe out ISIS yet Obama wants to stop him ? And lastly do you trust Obama ? Those are the real issues here !
There is a big difference between saying Muslim Agenda and Muslim Extremists' Agenda and the fact that you didn't initially see the difference (you figured everyone knew what you meant) speaks volumes.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Bubba wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Yea, when I first wrote the tittle I figured everyone knew what I meant but then I realized I needed to be clearer . It even changed DHS's angle as he tried to save face and not come across as a Liberal Extremist with his last post . But to try and group the people DHS pictured into the group we were referring to is stupid because the conversation was about Syria , immigration , ISIS and Obama . Plus that ignorant reference of " they flew a few planes into building " tells me that DHS doesn't have a full grasp of what's going on in the world and that is why I posted a link to most of the horrific acts these Muslims have done in the past 10 +years.
There is a big difference between saying Muslim Agenda and Muslim Extremists' Agenda and the fact that you didn't initially see the difference (you figured everyone knew what you meant) speaks volumes.
Exactly
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Bubba wrote: There is a big difference between saying Muslim Agenda and Muslim Extremists' Agenda and the fact that you didn't initially see the difference (you figured everyone knew what you meant) speaks volumes
+1
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Coydog wrote:
Bubba wrote: There is a big difference between saying Muslim Agenda and Muslim Extremists' Agenda and the fact that you didn't initially see the difference (you figured everyone knew what you meant) speaks volumes
+1
He wouldn't have changed the title if he wasn't aware of that. :roll:

When you see polls (and I admit you can't tell the accuracy and there may be an agenda behind them) that show many more Muslims living in the U.S. would like to live under Sharia Law than you would expect you're lead to believe they don't want to assimilate and hold onto their fundamentalist values. We do have honor killings in the U.S. although they are rare.

So, how many Syrians do you think we should let in?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Muslim Agenda

Post by Dickc »

deadheadskier wrote:
freeski wrote:The Bible has some odd things in it also. The difference is Christians had The Reformation to adjust as societies changed.
The reformation started I believe in 1517 no? Curious, how come it took nearly 500 years for Christians highest leadership to recognise that raping little boys is wrong?

What we know of today is a systematic cover up of at least three thousand priests who committed rape across the entire globe with several Popes knowing it was happening. That's just in the last century. Who knows what those numbers expand to throughout history.

But, my point isn't about painting Chritianity in a bad light. My point is that I don't stereotype entire religions based upon the crimes of the extremists within their ranks.

ISIS is awful and should be eliminated. There's no question Obama's foreign policy has been an unmitigated disaster that's resulted in a worse situation in the Middle East compared to when he took office. Now, we should never have gone there to begin with, but he failed as president to create progress in the region other than reduce American casualties.

As for your obsession with Syria and how many refugees we take in? I'd like to see most of the help for them coming from their Arab neighbors. I commend Europe for stepping up, but think there should be tremendous pressure put on the Saudis and other more stable states in the region to help.
I might also add that Christians have been fighting among themselves over who has the "Correct" implementation of a religion for centuries (See Northern Ireland). We, as Christians need to get our house in better order. The Muslim world has a big problem with the Shia/Sunni differences causing much strife. This is one of the drivers that leads to extremism, but certainly not the only one. Does Islam need a reformation? I do think so, but remember, the Christian one took centuries to take hold and spread out. How long is the Islam world going to take? I am hoping that once they start, modern technology will make it (the reform) spread faster and solve some (hopefully much) of the "problems".
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Muslim Agenda

Post by Dr. NO »

Dickc wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:
freeski wrote:The Bible has some odd things in it also. The difference is Christians had The Reformation to adjust as societies changed.
The reformation started I believe in 1517 no? Curious, how come it took nearly 500 years for Christians highest leadership to recognise that raping little boys is wrong?

What we know of today is a systematic cover up of at least three thousand priests who committed rape across the entire globe with several Popes knowing it was happening. That's just in the last century. Who knows what those numbers expand to throughout history.

But, my point isn't about painting Chritianity in a bad light. My point is that I don't stereotype entire religions based upon the crimes of the extremists within their ranks.

ISIS is awful and should be eliminated. There's no question Obama's foreign policy has been an unmitigated disaster that's resulted in a worse situation in the Middle East compared to when he took office. Now, we should never have gone there to begin with, but he failed as president to create progress in the region other than reduce American casualties.

As for your obsession with Syria and how many refugees we take in? I'd like to see most of the help for them coming from their Arab neighbors. I commend Europe for stepping up, but think there should be tremendous pressure put on the Saudis and other more stable states in the region to help.
I might also add that Christians have been fighting among themselves over who has the "Correct" implementation of a religion for centuries (See Northern Ireland). We, as Christians need to get our house in better order. The Muslim world has a big problem with the Shia/Sunni differences causing much strife. This is one of the drivers that leads to extremism, but certainly not the only one. Does Islam need a reformation? I do think so, but remember, the Christian one took centuries to take hold and spread out. How long is the Islam world going to take? I am hoping that once they start, modern technology will make it (the reform) spread faster and solve some (hopefully much) of the "problems".
During the Protestant Revolution my mother's family traced the tree to Germany where the Burgmeister was a relative and a priest was also. Both being Catholic left Germany to keep from being persecuted by the Lutherans. Late 1500's. Life goes on.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

freeski wrote:
Coydog wrote:
+1
He wouldn't have changed the title if he wasn't aware of that. :roll:

When you see polls (and I admit you can't tell the accuracy and there may be an agenda behind them) that show many more Muslims living in the U.S. would like to live under Sharia Law than you would expect you're lead to believe they don't want to assimilate and hold onto their fundamentalist values. We do have honor killings in the U.S. although they are rare.

So, how many Syrians do you think we should let in?
He became aware of it only after the comments posted. He assumed everyone knows "Muslim Agenda" translates into "Muslim Extremist Agenda", a pretty bold assumption given some of his posts in other threads. No matter...he's changed it now and clarified the statement.

As for how many Syrians should be let into this country, I have no idea. You have to realize, however, that we already have Syrian immigrant communities here (albeit limited) and that additional immigrants can, with reasonable ease, assimilate into those communities and into American society.

See:

Where Syrian Refugees Are Likely to Settle in the U.S.
And why they’re likely to be a boon rather than a burden to these cities.

http://www.citylab.com/work/2015/09/whe ... us/404698/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's an excerpt:

Syrians could benefit their new homes in many ways

Syrians tend to have high levels of education and a varied skill-set. This puts them at an advantage in the American job market, especially compared with lower-skilled refugees from other countries.

Of course, they will go through an adjustment period. They may face language barriers and their degrees may not translate to the American job market. To get back up on their feet, they might need help from state and non-profit service providers for a while. But Capps predicts the Syrians will soon be in a position to contribute to the economy.

"There could be some bumps on the road. Like the experience of a lot of other refugees recently who are highly skilled, many of the Syrians may wind up in some low-wage jobs that are not commensurate with the social status they had before,” Capps says. “But because of high educational attainment in general and high past job skills attainment, my assumption and hope would be that they would rise in the labor market relatively quickly."

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Show of hands.

How many of you are posting in this thread on an Apple device?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

deadheadskier wrote:Show of hands.

How many of you are posting in this thread on an Apple device?
Earlier posts no. This post yes.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Toshiba, I only buy American.

I feel bad for them especially since our foreign policy is at least partly to blame. Both from Bush destabilizing the region by going into Iraq and Obama pulling out troops and our medaling during the Arab Spring. I know I've said we should not accept any, but as a world power I think we can absorb 50K and it's the right thing to do. To be honest I'm not overly concerned about terrorists coming into the country as refuges. However, we should only allow in people we can vet.

I've lived up and down the east cost, but always return to Concord, NH. Growing up here we had one black family in our city I know of and a couple of Asian families. Now if you drive in parts of Concord it's like driving by the U.N. We have families from All over the world coming here both as refugees and a couple of churches have brought in foreigners. There have been no problems with any new comers. There has been problems with locals harassing them, but that has been limited. I don't know how much of this is due to Obama's policies? If I'm shopping I always speak to them and if they're friendly will talk to them. I go out of my way to be nice to people who I think are new to the country. I realize a lot of them have been through hell.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

If it weren't for a Syrian immigrant you wouldn't be...
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

How's Libya doing now days, anybody? I don't think anyone knows. You do know U.S air strikes under Obama's orders led to the overthrow of Gaddafi don't you? Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt after throwing Mubarak under the bus, thank god the military took over & the Brotherhood thrown out, no thanks to Obama. Assad from day one said he's fighting against terrorists not his own people. I believe him, facts seem to prove it. Support from the U.S. zero. Iraq was stable, relatively, until all U.S troops were pulled out. Who did that?

Yet according to the left all the problems in the Middle East today are:
Attachments
08982ec217.gif
08982ec217.gif (54.24 KiB) Viewed 237 times
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

Bush got us into this mess, Obama has made it worse no doubt.