Kudos to Sierra Trading Post!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Hey Jude
Black Carver

Kudos to Sierra Trading Post!

Post by Hey Jude »

Wayyyyyy back in August/September I ordered several winter/ski items from Sierra Trading Post. I got the delivery and went through the stuff (all very good I might add), decided that I didn't like the Columbia jacket I ordered and didn't like the ski pants, threw them back into the box and said "self, remember to mail that box back a.s.a.p."

Well, "self" apparently forgot about the box which was placed in a closet in my spare bedroom. Low and behold I come across said box 3 weeks ago...DOH! So I look at all the paperwork and read through the return policy and all it says is "No need to call for a return confirmation number, just fill in this return form and send box back to us". So off I send this box.......and I'm waiting....and week one goes by and nothing.......so week two comes and I go online to check and see if the credit card I paid for said stuff with has received a debit in the amount of my order....and nothing....and week three comes and goes....nothing....BUT WAIT...today I get an e-mail from Sierra Trading Post and I expect it to say "um, lady, are you crazy, why would we want your SKI STUFF back in APRIL....HELLO?!?! Instead, I got a very nice e-mail that says: "We have processed your return for the following items, your refund check will follow shortly." The refund is for the full price of the items.

Now I know that I paid to have the stuff shipped to me, and to have it shipped back, but I am pleasantly surprised and happy to get my $175 back and Sierra Trading Post has earned themself a very happy customer who will certainly order from them again.
Girly, tough is not enough!
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

yeah STP rocks.. returns departments for outdoors stores will usually take back stuff up to a year later as long as it's in resellable condition.

there are exceptions, of course (eg. climbing equipment - nobody's going to take back spring-loaded cams or ATCs, even a day later.) but most everything else is cool.
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

My family and I have ordered from there on many occasions and they're great. My new Oakleys are recently from there along with rock climbing pants and a few other camping items. STP rocks!

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
powday
Black Carver

Post by powday »

yes, and the STP outlet store in reno is even better!!
oftentimes with the returns they put in their outlet stores (they have a couple in wyoming and then the one down in reno) as thirds where they discount the items usually between 50 and 80 percent or so. A week or 2 ago I picked up these salomon hiking shoes that were originally $110, but they were worn probably once and were returned and I got em for $30. Great place :D