Oregon Community College Shooting

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Oregon Community College Shooting

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:or driving home drunk LAST NIGHT? are those admissions of guilt and thus actionable offenses?...reckless endangerment and DUI respectively...
I would think so. Why not?
what was their BAC? was their assessment of whether they were drunk or not accurate? if they said they sat in the parking lot til sober then drove would that be evidence that they really did that? a whole lot of what gets said on the internet is completely inaccurate, never happened or is pure fantasy... who decides?
What if the person is caught on the road and refuses to blow and won't cooperate. Just let them go?

I'd say a person's assertion is even stronger than an officer's independent observations.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:or driving home drunk LAST NIGHT? are those admissions of guilt and thus actionable offenses?...reckless endangerment and DUI respectively...
what was their BAC? was their assessment of whether they were drunk or not accurate? if they said they sat in the parking lot til sober then drove would that be evidence that they really did that? a whole lot of what gets said on the internet is completely inaccurate, never happened or is pure fantasy... who decides?
What if the person is caught on the road and refuses to blow and won't cooperate. there is a specific law pertaining to that Just let them go?

I'd say a person's assertion is even stronger than an officer's independent observations.
you are changing the argument is the posted "evidence"
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
What if the person is caught on the road and refuses to blow and won't cooperate. there is a specific law pertaining to that Just let them go?

Yes. Recent news media has covered numerous stories where people are arrested as a result of posts on social media linking them to a crime.
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

steamboat1 wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You're so easy.
Have you ever noticed how some people say something stupid, refuse to admit their mistake, and instead try to pretend they were just trolling?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: I would think so. Why not?

Yes. Recent news media has covered numerous stories where people are arrested as a result of posts on social media linking them to a crime.
not solely based on their post... add'l evidence is obtained usually contraband, stolen items, etc ya know, hard evidence... if you keep changing the argument it's hard to have a constructive dialogue...my point was and still is you could NEVER get a conviction where the only evidence was a person said" man I was so hammered driving home last nite I shoulda called a cab"...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

CNN alters photo to make the shooter look white. I believe they did this on purpose. If they in fact did this on purpose it is the kind of thing that p1sses me off.

http://www.infowars.com/cnn-turns-mixed ... white-man/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

NSFW - language

:lol:

nails it
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:not solely based on their post... add'l evidence is obtained usually contraband, stolen items, etc ya know, hard evidence... if you keep changing the argument it's hard to have a constructive dialogue...my point was and still is you could NEVER get a conviction where the only evidence was a person said" man I was so hammered driving home last nite I shoulda called a cab"...
I haven't found any legal precedence so I'm inclined to say this isn't happening to the extent mass media gets a-hold of it. I won't go so far as saying it could never happen because I think it will.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:not solely based on their post... add'l evidence is obtained usually contraband, stolen items, etc ya know, hard evidence... if you keep changing the argument it's hard to have a constructive dialogue...my point was and still is you could NEVER get a conviction where the only evidence was a person said" man I was so hammered driving home last nite I shoulda called a cab"...
I haven't found any legal precedence so I'm inclined to say this isn't happening to the extent mass media gets a-hold of it. I won't go so far as saying it could never happen because I think it will.
That would never even make it to court unless it was a hit & run situation and the only way to prove after the fact that there was a DUI was the person's own statement.

Of course, a lawyer would never allow their client to say this so it's a moot point to argue.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:NSFW - language

:lol:

nails it
funny how comedians seem to resonate w left wingers as valid sources of news, commentary and editorial despite them being nothing more than comical... colbert, stewart etc are only news to idiots that don;t know better, everyone else including stewart himself knows its SATIRE....this jeffries is even less than that and is pure comedy... if that "nailed" a very serious issue for you, you got problems w reality...though I guess in all honesty the original video post tells you he "nailed it" so maybe you didn;t actually come to that conclusion on your own but just parroted it because you were told so...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger.

post wasn't directed at you
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger. wow yer gettin' more creative w your cute little nicknames...good job braindeadskier...

why would I bother to keep it in a safe you moron?...its already loaded and ready to go should the need arise, otherwise it just sits there like any other inanimate object and does absolutely nothing.... I suppose you imagine I actually have Au and Ag buried in my backyard too huh? down by the wooley swamp...

I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to watch the video, but no worries I didn't anyway....I can only imagine what you think reality is like cuz it certainly isn't anything you imagine here online....

Lucias Clay --out...
mach es sehr schnell

deadheadskier

Post by deadheadskier »

madhatter wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger. wow yer gettin' more creative w your cute little nicknames...good job braindeadskier...

why would I bother to keep it in a safe you moron?...its already loaded and ready to go should the need arise, otherwise it just sits there like any other inanimate object and does absolutely nothing.....
Spoken just like your homeboys on the Southside, Madthugger! I'd imagine some of that gold of yours is in your teeth.

JEAH!!!!!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote:I'm sure you're very fast at getting your gun out of your safe and loading it madthugger.
So your logic tree is

Guns are dangerous
Therefore you are liable if they aren't kept in a safe
If you keep them in a safe they aren't useful
Therefore you shouldn't have guns for self defense.