Bronx Bombers

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Bronx Bombers

Post by brownman »

Those commemorative postseason NY hats will be collector's items.
Worn one time for 3 hours .. didn't fit particularly well.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Bronx Bombers

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Those commemorative postseason NY hats will be collector's items.
Worn one time for 3 hours .. didn't fit particularly well.

always nice to hear from the Bitter Basement Boys of Boston.... say it with me: "wait til next year..."

doubles digits ahead of what sox fans can ever hope to achieve in their lifetimes-- out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

always find it funny when Sox fans talk sh*t....ya NY got knocked out of the post season after 1 game, but the Sox were knocked out by the all star break....
even with the recent championships, sox fans are still the most bitter fans on the planet
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

You're confused. We're better not bitter :!:

Unlike NY fans who vicariously celebrate championships based on their grandma's memory :sad:
You're OUT ... and now, all the preferred tee-times are already reserved.

Standard NY turncoat move is still available ... root Mets :idea:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:You're confused. We're better not bitter :!: better at losing that's for sure...otherwise not so much...

Unlike NY fans who vicariously celebrate championships based on their grandma's memory :sad: watched more WS championships than sox fans have seen their team even appear at the fall classic...playoff appearances? yanks pretty much consider those part of the regular season not something that happens once every few years...

Standard red sox fall motto: wait til next year OR ooh I hate them yankees.... which is it? obviously both....
enjoy the bitter envy sox fans you own that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

madhatter wrote:
brownman wrote:You're confused. We're better not bitter :!: better at losing that's for sure...otherwise not so much...

Unlike NY fans who vicariously celebrate championships based on their grandma's memory :sad: watched more WS championships than sox fans have seen their team even appear at the fall classic...playoff appearances? yanks pretty much consider those part of the regular season not something that happens once every few years...

Standard red sox fall motto: wait til next year OR ooh I hate them yankees.... which is it? obviously both....
enjoy the bitter envy sox fans you own that...

Not sure we all deserve the stereotype; the conversation appears to be mostly between two individuals. Can the broad brush of swings please be narrowed to your intended target? Brings to mind the quote, 'All generalizations are false, including this one'. The Sox postseason effort ended before the season started (likely even before last season ended)! The Yanks made the post season for the first time in 3 years. Good for them. Bottom line is neither team won a single playoff game this season or last. What is wrong with the AL East?
ImageImageImageImage
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Stormchaser wrote: Not sure we all deserve the stereotype; the conversation appears to be mostly between two individuals. Can the broad brush of swings please be narrowed to your intended target? Brings to mind the quote, 'All generalizations are false, including this one'. The Sox postseason effort ended before the season started (likely even before last season ended)! The Yanks made the post season for the first time in 3 years. Good for them. Bottom line is neither team won a single playoff game this season or last. What is wrong with the AL East?
At least the "overachieving" Yanks have now tied a franchise record:

5 straight playoff losses
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

And once again, our resident roidsux fans fixate on the 27 Time World Champion New York Yankees. You can't make this stuff up.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

To reiterate ... My initial comment was about the hats :wink:
These 'fans' Shirley knew their team was borrowing time.
Roids served your boys nothing but noise.
Bronx cheers through the last at bats. Loyalty to the cause :P

Stormy ... Toronto ? Oh that's right, they're technically Canadian League-East.

Astros and Cubs would be an interesting World Series :-o

Forever .. Goat Path
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:Image
so what do you call the sox basement finish? a balls deep gag?
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:
Extended spring training.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

madhatter wrote:
Amazing how these roidsux fans continue to fixate on our New York Yankees. I think Coydog and Brownie are closet Bomber fans. They follow them closer than you, I, and Bubba do combined.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

junior wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Amazing how these roidsux fans continue to fixate on our New York Yankees. I think Coydog and Brownie are closet Bomber fans. They follow them closer than you, I, and Bubba do combined.
Yes, what's not to like? Over the years, the Yankees have been so kind as to provide a comfortable home with generous retirement benefits to so many of our former, washed up, injury prone Red Sox players. And everybody enjoys an old-timers game, even if it's one and done in the playoffs.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Good thing the Sox are in the playoffs...oh wait.....