Mets move on

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: Mets move on

Post by brownman »

Big Stage experience does matter.
Mets finally face adversity in a game ... 42 year old el foldo serves up guano.

Johnny Cueto is due to pitch a good game.
Gonna need it against the Grom.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Royals in 6
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:That was not a pretty game last night against KC...
Talk about a game that had everything. Wow.

1st pitch to a KC batter was an inside the park homerun. Kinda knew things were gonna get wild at that point.

Wish the result was a little different, but what an exciting game to watch.

And how about FOX with their tech issues right in the middle of the game?

This game had everything for sure.
Did they stop the game because of the tech issues, or was it stopped for something else?
Obviously the Pats had the lights shut off to help KC out.
Not true.

The Cheatriots only cheat to benefit themselves, not others.

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Royals in 6
You sound like Frank Thomas who when asked as part of his job as a Fox Analyst who would win, basically said he wanted to see the outcome of the 1st 2 games before he made a choice.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
You sound like Frank Thomas who when asked as part of his job as a Fox Analyst who would win, basically said he wanted to see the outcome of the 1st 2 games before he made a choice.
Sounds NOTHING like what Frank Thomas said. Dope.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

SnoBrdr wrote:
Similar to the last series, when you can't win with your Ace that's trouble. We'll see what happens tonight.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Similar to the last series, when you can't win with your Ace that's trouble. We'll see what happens tonight.
BTW, what did you think about Dykrsta's claim about when he was with the Phils and the umps.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
But (in theory), the Mets have 3 legitimate aces and a 4th who could qualify as well. If the Mets can win tonight, best of 5 with home field advantage.

Harvey was throwing very differently than usual. Much less speed, much more off speed movement. Not sure why. Seemed to work and his fielders let him down.

Between the Cespedes mishap in the 1st that led to the ITPHR and Wright's error at 3rd in the 14th that led to the flood gates opening up and KC winning, Harvey could have won that game easily. Better to be lucky than good I guess.

If the series goes the distance, I think KC will win. With a win tonight, I think the Mets will the series if they can keep it to a 5 or 6 game series. I think KC wins it all if it goes 7. We will find out soon enough.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
But (in theory), the Mets have 3 legitimate aces and a 4th who could qualify as well. If the Mets can win tonight, best of 5 with home field advantage.

Harvey was throwing very differently than usual. Much less speed, much more off speed movement. Not sure why. Seemed to work and his fielders let him down.

Between the Cespedes mishap in the 1st that led to the ITPHR and Wright's error at 3rd in the 14th that led to the flood gates opening up and KC winning, Harvey could have won that game easily. Better to be lucky than good I guess.

If the series goes the distance, I think KC will win. With a win tonight, I think the Mets will the series if they can keep it to a 5 or 6 game series. I think KC wins it all if it goes 7. We will find out soon enough.
Who's #3 and #4? Colon and Niese are pretty standard 3/4 guys, IMHO. I don't think they'd be an ace on most teams, with 4+ ERA. I mean Colon gave up 90, 90! runs this year.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

junior wrote: If the series goes the distance, I think KC will win. With a win tonight, I think the Mets will the series if they can keep it to a 5 or 6 game series. I think KC wins it all if it goes 7. We will find out soon enough.
I think the teams are too evenly matched to venture a guess. I really don't care who wins. After watching the Red Sox all summer, it's nice to watch a couple of pitching staffs that don't suck.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Who's #3 and #4? Colon and Niese are pretty standard 3/4 guys, IMHO. I don't think they'd be an ace on most teams, with 4+ ERA. I mean Colon gave up 90, 90! runs this year.
Wonder what Mr. Perfect Grammar meant by that?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Who's #3 and #4?
In order from 1 to 4:

Harvey
DeGrom
Syndergaard
Mats

The way they've been pitching the 2nd half of this season and all of the postseason, I would say 1 to 3 are def aces. Mats (#4) could easily fit into that mold, but he needs more time in the bigs. He has the right stuff though.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

junior wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Who's #3 and #4?
In order from 1 to 4:

Harvey
DeGrom
Syndergaard
Mats

The way they've been pitching the 2nd half of this season and all of the postseason, I would say 1 to 3 are def aces. Mats (#4) could easily fit into that mold, but he needs more time in the bigs. He has the right stuff though.
Agreed on Syndergaard. Mats is hot right now, but small sample size for now. It will be an interesting series. Would love to see it go 7.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
junior wrote:
In order from 1 to 4:

Harvey
DeGrom
Syndergaard
Mats

Agreed on Syndergaard. Mats is hot right now, but small sample size for now. It will be an interesting series. Would love to see it go 7.
Only thing the Mets have better than KC is their starting pitchers.

If the Royals keep it even and get into the bullpen, they will probably win.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
junior wrote:
In order from 1 to 4:

Harvey
DeGrom
Syndergaard
Mats

If the Royals keep it even and get into the bullpen, they will probably win.
Really going out on a limb there, eh piggy?