NHL 2015-2016 Thread

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: NHL 2015-2016 Thread

Post by junior »

Blueshirts and Habs running away with it.

How about the Bruins? They rebuilding or gonna be able to put something together this season?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

junior wrote:Blueshirts and Habs running away with it.

How about the Bruins? They rebuilding or gonna be able to put something together this season?
I gave them zero chance of making the playoffs this year before the season began. Gave Claude till January. Not sure what's going on at the Garden, but they can't get it done on home ice. No PK at all, leading the league on the power play; 100% reversal of last year. Not sure what this team will become, but I'm more optimistic now than I was two months ago.
ImageImageImageImage
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:

I gave them zero chance of making the playoffs this year before the season began. Gave Claude till January. Not sure what's going on at the Garden, but they can't get it done on home ice. No PK at all, leading the league on the power play; 100% reversal of last year. Not sure what this team will become, but I'm more optimistic now than I was two months ago.
I think they can get in this season. Gotta bring up more kids, but I think they have a decent shot. There is some serious mediocrity in the middle of both conferences so far, but sample size is still very small, 18 or so games.

Look at the teams right now between 15 and 22 points. It's 90% of the league. B's have 17 or 18 points right now and are dead tied with 1/2 the conference. Lots of hockey to go, but I think the Bruins have a shot at putting it together for a run, not a deep run, but a run.

Rangers have had their best month in years this past month. Hoping they go into their annual funk sometime in January and pick it back up in February. I think we got about a 3 year window left, then nothing for 10 years. 3 years gone out of a 6 year window. Gotta get one for Hank. Window will be closing soon enough.

Sitting on those Rangers/B's tickets. You got 2 if you want 'em.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yeah Bruins PK is horrible !

IMHO they should bench Rask.
Let him fret a bit.
Gustavsson has played better.

Doubting a Duckboat Cup this year :sad:

Providence College :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Yeah Bruins PK is horrible !

IMHO they should bench Rask.
Let him fret a bit.
Gustavsson has played better.

Doubting a Duckboat Cup this year :sad:

Providence College :like

It's a long season. TUKA time will arrive shortly, yes?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Not soon enuf' I'm afraid.

He's unwilling to leave crease / cut down the angle.
His glove hand leaks like a sieve.
Henrik Rockin' - Career year :wink:

Jimmy Hayes ... Pride of Charlestown :like

Yo Minturn ... 5 weeks away :-)
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Not soon enuf' I'm afraid.

He's unwilling to leave crease / cut down the angle.
His glove hand leaks like a sieve.
Henrik Rockin' - Career year :wink:

Jimmy Hayes ... Pride of Charlestown :like

Yo Minturn ... 5 weeks away :-)
Gonna be sooner than 5 weeks for us. I'm thinking more along the lines of 5 minutes.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I don't see the Rangers regularly like you do and haven't watched much hockey yet. Are they really as good as their record shows so far?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Bubba wrote:

I don't see the Rangers regularly like you do and haven't watched much hockey yet. Are they really as good as their record shows so far?
Yes. Watch what you can. Very entertaining. This Ranger team has/had a 5 or 6 year window to win it all. 3 of those years are now gone. Close but no cigars yet. Yes, they are playing that well...right now.

Doesn't Comcast Vermont offer the NHL ticket for free if you order their baseball package (or was that a promo from a couple years back)?

I seem to remember them doing that. For you, it'd be buy the Yankees and get the Rangers for free.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:

Yes. Watch what you can. Very entertaining. This Ranger team has/had a 5 or 6 year window to win it all. 3 of those years are now gone. Close but no cigars yet. Yes, they are playing that well...right now.

Doesn't Comcast Vermont offer the NHL ticket for free if you order their baseball package (or was that a promo from a couple years back)?

I seem to remember them doing that. For you, it'd be buy the Yankees and get the Rangers for free.
I see some Ranger games on NHL Network but I just haven't focused a lot of attention on hockey yet. My bad...I'll have to start watching more.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Bubba wrote:
junior wrote:
Bubba wrote:

I see some Ranger games on NHL Network but I just haven't focused a lot of attention on hockey yet. My bad...I'll have to start watching more.
They're just as fun to watch as they have been the last couple of years. Same team. Same # 1 goalie. Winning a ton.

If you happen to be in the NYC area and they're home at MSG, give a shout.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

10 game win streak snapped by Bolts in Mickey Land. Damn. Nice run, but I was hoping for 11 straight.

Gave up a shorty with a minute left in the 3rd to lose it 2-1. Almost set the team record for consecutive wins. 1 game short.

New streak starts tomorrow in S Fla.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Rangers goalie is playing out of his mind :shock:

How long will the Dallas scoring domination last?

The Seguin trade looks worse and worse. :cry:
Cam Neely appears upset with Homer Simpson.
Alluded to Claude 'overthinking' things this week.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Nash tricked out last night vs cats. The 3rd was the game winner in OT. 2 goals all season up until last night, then 3 last night. Went from 2 to 5 goals in 50 minutes.

I am really starting to like this 3 on 3 overtime. Very exciting.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

After years of happily investing a lot of time watching my team the Pens do a lot of dominating in the regular season and than nothing in the playoffs, I have not even watched a game yet. So, about a week ago they were on TV against the Canadians. I decided to give them a try. They scored a 1st period goal and than proceeded to give up two very weak goals just a short time later. I turned them off, can't take them anymore. Crosby and Malkin have had years to put the team on their shoulders and win a Cup..............they can't get it done, I've given up on them and want them traded for players with heart and soul.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!