NHL 2015-2016 Thread

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: NHL 2015-2016 Thread

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:After years of happily investing a lot of time watching my team the Pens do a lot of dominating in the regular season and than nothing in the playoffs, I have not even watched a game yet. So, about a week ago they were on TV against the Canadians. I decided to give them a try. They scored a 1st period goal and than proceeded to give up two very weak goals just a short time later. I turned them off, can't take them anymore. Crosby and Malkin have had years to put the team on their shoulders and win a Cup..............they can't get it done, I've given up on them and want them traded for players with heart and soul.
You ain't gonna get too much love for Cindy around here. Pens in general for that matter.

BTW, you see Jagr get another goal last night vs my guys? Guy is what, 60 years old? Amazing....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:After years of happily investing a lot of time watching my team the Pens do a lot of dominating in the regular season and than nothing in the playoffs, I have not even watched a game yet. So, about a week ago they were on TV against the Canadians. I decided to give them a try. They scored a 1st period goal and than proceeded to give up two very weak goals just a short time later. I turned them off, can't take them anymore. Crosby and Malkin have had years to put the team on their shoulders and win a Cup..............they can't get it done, I've given up on them and want them traded for players with heart and soul.
You ain't gonna get too much love for Cindy around here. Pens in general for that matter.

BTW, you see Jagr get another goal last night vs my guys? Guy is what, 60 years old? Amazing....
I'm used to not getting too much love around here, even though I am always right.
I think Jagr is 70?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

I'm used to not getting too much love around here, even though I am always right.
I think Jagr is 70?
He is an ageless wonder. Keeps on skating, keeps on scoring. I liked having him on the Blueshirts.

Very unique skater.

One of my kids first jersey was a 68 Jagr jersey. Still has it. Size "T", for Tot.

Lots of respect for the guy. He made the league a better place for a while.

Wonder how long he will keep going.....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

junior wrote:
Wonder how long he will keep going.....
I think they'll peel the skates off him when he dies.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

You have Phil Kessel now! He will surely be the locker room cancer that drags the Pens to record mediocrity...
ImageImageImageImage
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yeah ... 3rd try is the charm for the gutless Gopher :twisted:
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Stormchaser wrote:

You have Phil Kessel now! He will surely be the locker room cancer that drags the Pens to record mediocrity...
I know how much you love the guy............

I know.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

'Ronto coulda' used Kessel last nite.
Tuuka eyesight and left hand improving :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Five in a row ..... somebody lost today :P
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

MrsG wrote:Five in a row ..... somebody lost today :P
Don't poke the bear.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

MrsG wrote:Five in a row ..... somebody lost today :P
I actually saw the game winning goal during a break from the Vail powder.

Rangers were up 3-2 1/2way through the 3rd, then a goal and another one with a minute or so left sealed the win for the B's.

Wish we hadn't taken that break from skiing.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Bruins beginning to establish an identity :like
They dominated late 3rd period today.

Great Homestand !
Canada trip will be excellent barometer.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Derek Stepan suffers multiple broken ribs in Rangers' 4-3 loss to Boston Bruins

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/hocke ... -1.2448650
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Belesky ... the new Lucic :-)
Forever .. Goat Path
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:Belesky ... the new Lucic :-)
Crying by the NYR coach was epic.