Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Re: NHL 2015-2016 Thread

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:Greetings from Consol Energy Center. Puck's about to drop. Hoping for a "happy" ride home.
How did the locals treat you? Do they serve Primanti Brothers sandwiches at Consol? Yes, a happy-not sad-ride home for you. How long is the drive to the Burgh for you?
The "locals" gave us a lot of crap after the first Pens goal. It was all in fun though. Then the wheels came off the bus and they were kinda quiet. We were treated fairly. Of course, we were not being dickhead visiting fans either. We cheered when we scored but did it with respect and not a "you suck" sort of celebration like you'd see from Boston fans.

Did not have Primanti anything at the game. Just a few sodas and ice cream for the kids between periods.

What's a Primanti Sandwich?
Primanti Brothers is kinda a dive type place that's been in the Strip District for a long time. They now have several locations and also serve their sandwiches at Heinz Field. The Strip is a depot for produce that comes into the city from all over the West and is then distributed through out the East. They are open very late into the night on the Strip. All of their sandwiches are made on thick slices of Italian Bread with cole slaw and French fries right in the sandwich. Their most popular sandwich is the cheese steak. If you go to the original place in the Strip they have a large menu board above the counter that list all of their sandwiches. The board begins with their #2 seller-the cheese steak. If you ever go, what ever you do, don't ask what their #1 seller is. They will just shake their head-laugh at you and tell you beer.

https://www.primantibros.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I will make sure to get one when we're there next weekend for game 5.

Thanks for the info.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:Greetings from Consol Energy Center. Puck's about to drop. Hoping for a "happy" ride home.
How did the locals treat you? Do they serve Primanti Brothers sandwiches at Consol? Yes, a happy-not sad-ride home for you. How long is the drive to the Burgh for you?
The "locals" gave us a lot of crap after the first Pens goal. It was all in fun though. Then the wheels came off the bus and they were kinda quiet. We were treated fairly. Of course, we were not being dickhead visiting fans either. We cheered when we scored but did it with respect and not a "you suck" sort of celebration like you'd see from Boston fans.

Did not have Primanti anything at the game. Just a few sodas and ice cream for the kids between periods.

Primanti Brothers is kinda a dive type place that's been in the Strip District for a long time. They now have several locations and also serve their sandwiches at Heinz Field. The Strip is a depot for produce that comes into the city from all over the West and is then distributed through out the East. They are open very late into the night on the Strip. All of their sandwiches are made on thick slices of Italian Bread with cole slaw and French fries right in the sandwich. Their most popular sandwich is the cheese steak. If you go to the original place in the Strip they have a large menu board above the counter that list all of their sandwiches. The board begins with their #2 seller-the cheese steak. If you ever go, what ever you do, don't ask what their #1 seller is. They will just shake their head-laugh at you and tell you beer.

Thanks for the info.
It's a great place. I have many foggy memories of that place with my buddy that went to U Pitt.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Image
Way to Represent ... Flyers and fans alike. Bush. :dislike
They should just cancel game 4.

:oops:
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Yuck. Can I remove my prior Flyers posts :shock: :dislike
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

Thanks for the info.
Use two hands:
Attachments
untitled.png
untitled.png (97.54 KiB) Viewed 312 times
images2.jpg
images2.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 312 times
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.71 KiB) Viewed 312 times
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

brownman wrote:

Piss poor.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

Thanks for the info.
Use two hands:
quite the famous sammich. I've seen it on tv numerous times...never had one though....looks awesome...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:

Way not cool. Black eye on the game. WTF were those fans thinking? For that matter, WTF was that dangerous hit about? That's crossing the line, even for the NHL. Way not cool. "Philadelphia fans just being Philadelphia fans" is not an excuse for what happened last night. What a disgrace!!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

For the first time in many years, the Pens actually show some heart last night. Well.............that is, except for The Princess and The Czarina.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Kreider's goal that got called off for the offside that had NOTHING to do with the fukin goal to begin with had me up until 3am. I am still pissed off at it. Enough of this coaches challenge sh*t 5 minutes after the damn offside.

The game was over after that. Rangers had no heart left. Wind out of the sails.

Good guys will get 'em back tomorrow night.

LGR
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:Kreider's goal that got called off for the offside that had NOTHING to do with the fukin goal to begin with had me up until 3am. I am still pissed off at it. Enough of this coaches challenge sh*t 5 minutes after the damn offside.

LGR
That take away goal must have been excruciating, replay challenges are having a big affect in all sports. MSG was totally rocking and you could really hear it on TV how loud all of you were. You must have been on the edge of your seat as I was on the edge of my recliner.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:Kreider's goal that got called off for the offside that had NOTHING to do with the fukin goal to begin with had me up until 3am. I am still pissed off at it. Enough of this coaches challenge sh*t 5 minutes after the damn offside.

LGR
That take away goal must have been excruciating, replay challenges are having a big affect in all sports. MSG was totally rocking and you could really hear it on TV how loud all of you were. You must have been on the edge of your seat as I was on the edge of my recliner.
The Garden was juiced last night. So exciting.

Tomorrow should be even louder as there is a bit more at stake.

Enough of the coaches challenges for offside replays on goals that happen 5 minutes after the initial offside. Call it or don't call it, but call it when it happens, not 5 minutes of play later.

Can't wait for tomorrow night. 7th Avenue is alive with playoff fever!!
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

OUCH
Forever .. Goat Path
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Are the Pens flying or are the Rangers just sinking; or combination of both?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

That was as ugly a playoff as I've ever been to.

Keeping the faith, but not gonna get it back to MSG plying like they did this week.

Last night was just plain ugly.

Malkin was a beast.

Pens in 5.