Paris

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
wanderer7453
Bumper

Re: Paris

Post by wanderer7453 »

Bubba wrote:
wanderer7453 wrote:Political correctness will lead to Sharia Law worldwide. I suggest everyone read up on it. It lead to the end of all human rights policies. I love when the Quran is quoted for its peaceful treatment of the Innocent. But read Sharia Law and I guarantee you all members of this message board will be found to be guilty.
Read the new testament and explain the inquisition.

Christianity and the western world evolved over time, with the Reformation and the Enlightenment. Islam will too. Our challenge is to help accelerate the process while dealing with the extremism.

Totally disagree. Watch Europe especially Germany as a prelude to what will happen here. Islam has no separation of church and state.

And to be clear all religions are the source of more death in this world than anything else.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

wanderer7453 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
wanderer7453 wrote:Political correctness will lead to Sharia Law worldwide. I suggest everyone read up on it. It lead to the end of all human rights policies. I love when the Quran is quoted for its peaceful treatment of the Innocent. But read Sharia Law and I guarantee you all members of this message board will be found to be guilty.
Read the new testament and explain the inquisition.

Christianity and the western world evolved over time, with the Reformation and the Enlightenment. Islam will too. Our challenge is to help accelerate the process while dealing with the extremism.

Totally disagree. Watch Europe especially Germany as a prelude to what will happen here. Islam has no separation of church and state.

And to be clear all religions are the source of more death in this world than anything else.
Europe, for the most part, had no clear separation of church and state either until the 1500s and later. Remember that many of the American colonies were first settled by people fleeing religious persecution of one sort or another.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Bubba wrote: Christianity and the western world evolved over time, with the Reformation and the Enlightenment. Islam will too. Our challenge is to help accelerate the process while dealing with the extremism.
:like

Our children's children's children look forward to the evolution of Islam :wink:
In the near term, the 'dealing options' appear rather limited.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote: Some seem very anxious to replace the Statue of Liberty with the Great Wall of Trump. Appears ISIS has already won in Eddyville and Browntown.
Nothing wrong with asking our government to perform their due diligence before allowing people into, or to stay, in our country. Let us not forget some of the individuals that pulled off 9/11 were given, and overstayed, their US-issued VISAs.
... "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free" is a message that no longer applies.
Ellis Island. For 60 years immigrants were processed through this facility. The virus of extremism is in many ways no different than small pox or tuberculosis was, and a quarantine enforced until the virus is expunged to the best of our ability is entirely reasonable.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

wanderer7453 wrote: And to be clear all religions are the source of more death in this world than anything else.
More like the storefront. Twisting religion to meet your needs doesn't make religion the source.
wanderer7453
Bumper

Post by wanderer7453 »

Mister Moose wrote:
wanderer7453 wrote: And to be clear all religions are the source of more death in this world than anything else.
More like the storefront. Twisting religion to meet your needs doesn't make religion the source.
should have more properly said in the name of religion
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Why are you so willing to recognize the distinction between "radicalized muslims" and "moderate muslims"
Apparently you and others do not or cannot make this distinction. I fully agree with our President when he stated:

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

And

"We're taking action against evil people. Because this great nation of many religions understands, our war is not against Islam, or against faith practiced by the Muslim people. Our war is a war against evil. This is clearly a case of good versus evil, and make no mistake about it -- good will prevail."
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: There is nothing wrong with screening people before they enter our country and enforcing the end-dates of VISAs. If you're unwilling to screen those coming into our country and/or enforce the established terms of VISAs then why not just let anyone and everyone into our country? It's not Islamophobia, it's common sense.
Who exactly is talking about blindly accepting refugees? It currently takes about 12 to 16 months of intense screening before any refugee is accepted into our country and longer for those from Syria.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: We may not have had a need to bring in refugees had Obama's middle-east strategy been a bit more forward thinking.
And we might not have an ISIS problem if we were not lied to and did not invade Iraq in the first place. But now we’re finger pointing.
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
If we do what you're alluding to and another 9/11 or Paris like event takes place within our country, it will get far worse and some of your sweeping statements will be nothing compared to how American's will respond. The quiet majority, like a lion in its cage, which chugs day in and day out working and providing for their family, while the minority is out there demanding tolerance, will be rattled from their cage and will carry a big heavy stick.
What could this possibly mean? Do we continue to accept the erosion of our constitutional rights in the guise of increased national security? Will the majority have free reign to subjugate the minority. Do we close our eyes and turn our backs on those less fortunate? Do we openly declare war on all of Islam?

When those things happen, surely the terrorists will have won.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

I had something written in response, but it doesn't really make sense to do so. You can maintain we should accept everyone with open arms and I'll maintain we should not let these refugees into our country. Like Mister Moose alluded, it's time to quarantine the virus.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I had something written in response, but it doesn't really make sense to do so. You can maintain we should accept everyone with open arms and I'll maintain we should not let these refugees into our country. Like Mister Moose alluded, it's time to quarantine the virus.
To be clear, your position is to seal the border to all Syrian refugees regardless of circumstance. My "open arms" position is to accept those refugees who pass the same 12 to 24 month intense screening process as we did before Paris - call it a quarantine if you like.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:I had something written in response, but it doesn't really make sense to do so. You can maintain we should accept everyone with open arms and I'll maintain we should not let these refugees into our country. Like Mister Moose alluded, it's time to quarantine the virus.
To be clear, your position is to seal the border to all Syrian refugees regardless of circumstance. My "open arms" position is to accept those refugees who pass the same 12 to 24 month intense screening process as we did before Paris - call it a quarantine if you like.
don;t see any need for any syrian refugees here, the days of tired huddled masses has long passed...anything else is a slow march towards fulfillment of the cloward-piven strategy...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:
It only takes one. We should fix our immigration problems at home with Mexico before we enter into an refugee process with Syria. If the US Government can't build a website that works, I have little faith they can properly assess Syrian refugees.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:
It only takes one. We should fix our immigration problems at home with Mexico before we enter into an refugee process with Syria. If the US Government can't build a website that works, I have little faith they can properly assess Syrian refugees.
How about French and Belgian nationals - do you have faith the government can assess them? Can they still come in through standard procedures or do we just shut the whole thing down?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote: Like Mister Moose alluded, it's time to quarantine the virus.
Yes, although Ellis Island is not viable for this scale of immigration.
and ... dinghies would have a difficult time making it across.

It's yet again apparent ... 'Let them Eat Cake' doesn't work at all.

Since Australia has already been spoken for, perhaps Antarctica ?
As Donald Fagan noted in What a Beautiful World, IGY is long gone.

:wink:
Forever .. Goat Path
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

The Muslim migrant stream into Europe is a Muslim invasion. Back in February, the Islamic State warned that they would send millions of Muslim fighters into Europe. They have made good on their every pledge. And now the attacks in Paris demonstrate that Europe is at war.
You can bet It’s coming here too . Stop Muslim migrant immigration Now.
Where are all the CHRISTIANS ? Or did the Muslims already kill them all before they set out to destroy Europe ?
THIS BLOOD IS ON OBAMAS HANDS for backing ISIS to overthrow Assad in Syria !
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:The Muslim migrant stream into Europe is a Muslim invasion. Back in February, the Islamic State warned that they would send millions of Muslim fighters into Europe. They have made good on their every pledge. And now the attacks in Paris demonstrate that Europe is at war.
You can bet It’s coming here too . Stop Muslim migrant immigration Now.
Where are all the CHRISTIANS ? Or did the Muslims already kill them all before they set out to destroy Europe ?
THIS BLOOD IS ON OBAMAS HANDS for backing ISIS to overthrow Assad in Syria !
The Irish immigrant stream into this country was an Irish invasion. Same with the Italians and the eastern Europeans at the turn of the last century.

And then there was the British invasion of the 1960s.....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe